Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#626790 27/08/19 03:21 PM
M
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
M
Anyone seen the news about this fella?

18 years old. Wants to leave because he doesn't think he will get a chance in the first team.

This is the Jadon Sancho effect.

A local striker poached from City. Scored 25 goals last year.

Now I'm not saying he deserves a chance but we have seen with Brewster, Kent and now Duncan players getting fed up at a lack of opportunities, while also being refused a loan move.

He wants to play. If he's confident enough and talented enough why can't we loan him out?

I bet city wished they'd loaned him out rather than just get rid.

Loan him to fiorentina or where ever else he wants to go and see if he's any good at that level.

Harry Wilson went on loan way too young at Crewe and he came back, learned a bit more and then became a success story.

G
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
G
Its the problem of having an elite team. Yeah we can produce some quality players...are they world class, elite level players that would get in ahead of any of our current squad? No. We're not doing the player any favours by keeping him and not giving him the chance to flourish and develop their own career. Even on loan there comes a time when a player wants the chance to prove himself proper at another club and establish themselves. If teams are offering 10 million for an 18 year old, then its fair enough. If he turns into a 50-60 million pound player then good for the lad. He still wouldnt be good enough to displace any of our current first 11 and if he stayed wouldnt have been given the chance to develop into a 50-60 million pound player in the first place.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles

18 years old. Wants to leave because he doesn't think he will get a chance in the first team.

Now I'm not saying he deserves a chance but we have seen with Brewster, Kent and now Duncan players getting fed up at a lack of opportunities, while also being refused a loan move.

He wants to play. If he's confident enough and talented enough why can't we loan him out?

Loan him to fiorentina or where ever else he wants to go and see if he's any good at that level.

Harry Wilson went on loan way too young at Crewe and he came back, learned a bit more and then became a success story.

I think if he is good enough he will get chances. At what age did Owen and Gerrard start, 17? And at that time there was still the likes of Fowler and Hamann around.

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 27/08/19 03:41 PM.
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
is Harry Wilson a success though? he's nowhere near our 1st team, out on loan again to Bournemouth this time.

He's another Grujic...potential that's loaned out till the cows come home, to eventually leave the club for nowt!

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I'd keep Bobby Duncan at the club this season and give him some bench time along with Brewster, using them in domestic cup comps. It's not as if we're knee deep in quality attackers if Mane, Salah or Bobby get injured.

Let's try something different for once instead of having this useless cycle of loaning these kids out to eventually watch them walk for FREE!

Pickles #626811 28/08/19 08:53 AM
M
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
M
Originally Posted By Pickles
is Harry Wilson a success though? he's nowhere near our 1st team, out on loan again to Bournemouth this time.

He's another Grujic...potential that's loaned out till the cows come home, to eventually leave the club for nowt!

I'd say Wilson is a success because although he hasn't played for us. He will play premier league football for someone.

M
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
M
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

I think if he is good enough he will get chances. At what age did Owen and Gerrard start, 17? And at that time there was still the likes of Fowler and Hamann around.

Owen, Fowler and Gerrard where different. They played their football in an era when most replacements were like for like.

You've seen with our team how poor it is when Firmino is dropped because he doesn't just play as a striker the way Brewster or Duncan maybe would.

He is integral to every part of the team anyone coming in to replace him would look awkward. Similar to Origi.

I think I've explained it well. I know what I mean in my head but I'm not smart enough to put it into words

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I'd put it that having these talented kids training and learning from Bobby, Mo & Mane is the best for their development instead of loaning them out to inferior clubs alongside inferior players.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Owen, Fowler and Gerrard where different. They played their football in an era when most replacements were like for like.

You've seen with our team how poor it is when Firmino is dropped because he doesn't just play as a striker the way Brewster or Duncan maybe would.

He is integral to every part of the team anyone coming in to replace him would look awkward. Similar to Origi.

I think I've explained it well. I know what I mean in my head but I'm not smart enough to put it into words

When Owen started playing he was keeping Fowler on the bench, and I don't consider Firmino better than Fowler in his prime and Gerrard was keeping Hamann on the bench who was playing for Germany or about to play.

Closer to this era, Mason Mount is one of the best midfielders at Chelsea and he is 20, Phil Foden is 19 and he is getting games in a star studded City team, so if you are good enough at this age, you will get games.

O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
Thatīs what you get playing these kids in first team and then putting them back to their own class U-23. They think they are the best thing ever happened at the club and their agents wonīt help.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion