Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Good shot stopper but dodgy footplay. Don't know if he is better than Mignolet who was also a good shot stopper but I don't remember him having VVD in front of him, which is a big difference.

He did well with the one on one with Pepe, Pepe fluffed it, but Adrian stayed big and came out to meet him, waiting for Pepe to commit, which mean't Pepe left it late and messed it up, I didn't remember Migs saving many one on one's?

The clearance was his fault, he should have left it to VvD, but he will learn that by playing with the defence, at least he committed, right or wrong.

M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
Migs would have saved Pepes shot.

Karius would have saved it unless he was paid to fluff it.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Good shot stopper but dodgy footplay. Don't know if he is better than Mignolet who was also a good shot stopper but I don't remember him having VVD in front of him, which is a big difference.

He did well with the one on one with Pepe, Pepe fluffed it, but Adrian stayed big and came out to meet him, waiting for Pepe to commit, which mean't Pepe left it late and messed it up, I didn't remember Migs saving many one on one's?

The clearance was his fault, he should have left it to VvD, but he will learn that by playing with the defence, at least he committed, right or wrong.

The one I remember is in the 3-3 at Goodison Park a few years back when he saved a one on one against Lukaku. I remember because I was there.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

The one I remember is in the 3-3 at Goodison Park a few years back when he saved a one on one against Lukaku. I remember because I was there.

But there aren't that many that spring to mind for a keeper we had as number 1 for 5 years.

M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
Mignolet - 8 penalty saves for Liverpool from August 2013 to September 2017.

Bruce Grobbelaar has 13 saves.Ray Clemmence 9 saves.Both were there for 13 years.

G
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
G
Being a gk is much more than just being good at saving pens. Nowadays you have to be good with your feet to enable us to play the way we do. Mignolet was woeful with his feet and his all round general distribution. A pass back to him almost always meant we were conceding possession. Not only that but because he wasn’t comfortable on the ball it made the entire ground and our backline nervy whenever he was on it. We’ve had nothing but garbage keepers ever since reina until Allison. Mignolet was absolutely dogshit, people just don’t remember it as vividly because karius was even worse.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion