Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By Welsh_Wizard
How can the club lose 25million it never had?

and to be frank even if we had it, it wouldn't have been spent on new players anyway, no doubt we will sell Lovren for 14million and Shaqiri before this time next year for 30million plus. So don't worry about poor FSG losing small change.

If you were Frank, you couldn't buy players anyway this season.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Philippe Coutinho: Bayern Munich sign midfielder on loan from Barcelona

Bayern Munich have signed attacking midfielder Philippe Coutinho from Barcelona on a season-long loan deal which includes an option to buy.

Barcelona say the German side will pay 8.5m euros (£7.78m) to take the Brazilian, 27, on loan while the option to buy stands at 120m euros (£109.84m).

Bayern will also pay Coutinho's wages for the duration of the loan spell.

"In Barcelona a lot of things did not turn out as we had imagined," he said at his official presentation in Munich.

"But this is now history. I hope to stay here a long time and win many titles."

He added: "The jersey of FC Bayern and the number 10 is a big responsibility.

"It belonged to Robben, he was a great reference in football. I hope to be able to live up to expectations with good football on the pitch."

Bayern chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge added: "We have been working with Philippe Coutinho for some time and are very happy that we were able to realise this transfer now.

"Our thanks to FC Barcelona for agreeing to this transfer. In Philippe, a player comes to FC Bayern who will strengthen our offense with his creativity and excellent technique."

Coutinho, who was in the crowd for Barcelona's La Liga defeat against Athletic Bilbao on Friday, joined from Liverpool in a £142m deal in January 2018.

Despite scoring 21 goals in 76 appearances for the Spanish giants, he has fallen short of expectations and had been linked with several clubs this summer.

It is believed he was included as part of a bid by Barcelona to re-sign Neymar from Paris St-Germain, the Spanish club reportedly willing to offer 100m euros (£92.4m) plus Coutinho for the forward.

Tottenham ended their interest in a loan deal for Coutinho earlier this month, while he was also linked with moves to Arsenal and back to Liverpool.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49392631

Did FSG loan them our European Cup as well?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I wonder if he'll improve his stat of one good game in nein!

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Nein

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Philippe Coutinho: Bayern Munich sign midfielder on loan from Barcelona

Bayern Munich have signed attacking midfielder Philippe Coutinho from Barcelona on a season-long loan deal which includes an option to buy.

Barcelona say the German side will pay 8.5m euros (£7.78m) to take the Brazilian, 27, on loan while the option to buy stands at 120m euros (£109.84m).

Bayern will also pay Coutinho's wages for the duration of the loan spell.

"In Barcelona a lot of things did not turn out as we had imagined," he said at his official presentation in Munich.

"But this is now history. I hope to stay here a long time and win many titles."

He added: "The jersey of FC Bayern and the number 10 is a big responsibility.

"It belonged to Robben, he was a great reference in football. I hope to be able to live up to expectations with good football on the pitch."

Bayern chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge added: "We have been working with Philippe Coutinho for some time and are very happy that we were able to realise this transfer now.

"Our thanks to FC Barcelona for agreeing to this transfer. In Philippe, a player comes to FC Bayern who will strengthen our offense with his creativity and excellent technique."

Coutinho, who was in the crowd for Barcelona's La Liga defeat against Athletic Bilbao on Friday, joined from Liverpool in a £142m deal in January 2018.

Despite scoring 21 goals in 76 appearances for the Spanish giants, he has fallen short of expectations and had been linked with several clubs this summer.

It is believed he was included as part of a bid by Barcelona to re-sign Neymar from Paris St-Germain, the Spanish club reportedly willing to offer 100m euros (£92.4m) plus Coutinho for the forward.

Tottenham ended their interest in a loan deal for Coutinho earlier this month, while he was also linked with moves to Arsenal and back to Liverpool.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49392631

Did FSG loan them our European Cup as well?

7.78m to try him out is not a bad deal, if it doesn't work they can still negotiate a lower fee or send him back and if he is back to greatness, then 110m would be a good fee. However, I think they will negotiate this fee down unless he becomes one of the best players in the German league. They used James Rodriguez for 2 seasons like that.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Pickles
Originally Posted By Welsh_Wizard
How can the club lose 25million it never had?

and to be frank even if we had it, it wouldn't have been spent on new players anyway, no doubt we will sell Lovren for 14million and Shaqiri before this time next year for 30million plus. So don't worry about poor FSG losing small change.

If you were Frank, you couldn't buy players anyway this season.

I see what you did there. grin

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
135 million for Coutinho is still great business for a player who wanted to leave, which ever way you look at it, its paid for VvD + Alisson, I know which I would rather have!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
135 million for Coutinho is still great business for a player who wanted to leave, which ever way you look at it, its paid for VvD + Alisson, I know which I would rather have!

Agree, good use of money received

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion