Rate Thread
W
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
W
So what did we learn?

Man City are still the team to beat.

Chelsea have real problems, hopefully they continue in Istanbul.

Man Utd and Spurs have closed the gap.

Everton and Arsenal have not.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
More importantly, the title race is over and we're in a fight for one of the last two CL spots. whistle

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
G
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
G
Man united struggled for large parts of the game against a toothless chelsea who still managed to hit the bar twice. Lampard played a very a naive system and abandoned any attempt at defending. United were not exceptional by any means, they just came up against a chelsea who decided not to defend who, in your words, "have real problems."

Spurs struggled for the majority of the game at home against a team that came 5th in the championship last season.

In what world can you ever say either of these teams have bridged a 25 point gap?

W
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
W
If a team decides not to defend would you not say they had real problems?

G
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
G
wow, you have some serious comprehension problems. Read my post again. I've never once said I dont believe chelsea have real problems. I'm merely pointing out the flaw in your deduction skills. In one breath you say chelsea have real problems (which I agree with) and then you're insinuating because man united beat them at home they have somehow, "closed the gap" on us? You're also saying because Spurs barely beat a team that finished 5th in the championship last season that they've closed the gap? Can you explain how you have come to that conclusion?..because it sounds really really stupid.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
We have learnt very little to zero in my view. You can tell very little about a 38 game season from one game, especially the first.

Give it 10 and then we can get some idea.

O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
Agree with wilkij. Lets see after ten games. Southampton looked dreadful first game but might give us a fight at home.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Welsh_Wizard
So what did we learn?

Man City are still the team to beat.

Chelsea have real problems, hopefully they continue in Istanbul.

Man Utd and Spurs have closed the gap.

Everton and Arsenal have not.

We can draw conclusions but after 1 game it has a big chance of being meaningless. That said, no big surprises to me, ie, City just took over from where they left last season and are/look even better, Spurs will be in the mix though I thought they would be better that what I saw in their first half, we are about the same, our front 3 do not have same level replacement when comparing Origi to Mane and unfortunately United defence has hugely improved with Maguire winning MOTM. I think United has closed the gap somewhat. Chelsea was unlucky but Zuma is not up to the task, Rudiger will make their defence better. Arsenal has a good attack and gutted we didn't go for Aubameyang a few years back. So no big surprises except the United Chelsea scoreline

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion