Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Dunk Online Content OP
KopTalk Editor
OP Online Content
KopTalk Editor
Well I'm asking this because of the injury to Alisson. It may have been debated when we signed him so I apoligise if I've missed that.

What are your thoughs about him being in goal for the Super Cup final? That's a match I really want us to win.

From what you saw of him last night, did you see enough to have any kind of thoughts yet?

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
I think a small fish is an upgrade on mignolet.

Big teams were linked with Adrian a few years ago. He may have lost a bit of form but what player wouldn't say in front of a defence like west hams?

He's a good [oops] stopper although he should have saved that shot from pukki.

Hope Alisson doesn't miss too many games.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
He looked a bit shaky, but that´s just what could be expected.

Will be a better backup than Migs over time.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Knee jerk reaction by FSG to offload Migs because of his salary, sitting on a bench with only 4 days to go to bring somebody else in. But wasn't that endemic of this years Transfer Window? it was another cost cutting exercise because they didn't sell a star player to pay for more acquisitions that would make us stronger.

It was no secret Migs wanted to leave to play first team football, for over a year this was known...FSG were expecting to cash in, thinking somebody was going to offer 15 to 20m for him but sh...it a brick when the lights were flickering on the transfer window closing, thinking he'd be sat on the bench picking up 100+k a week! No thought had gone into Adrian as a replacement...they seen FREE and loaded him up!

All our kids and reserve Keepers that remained at the club are injured or just coming back from injury and they even sent the one fit uninjured Keeper we had out on loan to Huddersfield!!! GO FIGURE??? And then you have the temp contract for Andy Lonergan for the US Tour to end it as soon as the plane touches down in the UK???

That Transfer Window was a complete and utter joke for LFC and showed just exactly why we can NEVER EVER trust FSG!

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I don't think it's an upgrade, it's just a like for like swap,

Back to Back World Champions baby!
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
4 days before the window closes...5 days before the season started...think about that!

How can anybody get familiar with their surroundings especially a GoalKeeper and how vital their role could become considering all other Keepers at the club are injured except for the No 1 First Team Keeper...it was almost as if Alisson was destined to get injured last night because of the precarious position the club was in regarding our GoalKeepers and having to rely on an unfamiliar Adrian. Talk about biting it on our a.rse, we now have potentially a month or more having to rely on an unfamiliar Adrian, I don't care what anyone says Migs should never have been sold so late in the window with all other options except for Alisson, unavailable!

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Oh I forgot to mention Dunk...Klopp is playing Kelleher in goal on Wednesday night NOT Adrian. Kelleher has only just returned to training from wrist surgery and is not 100%, but Klopp is going to use him because he wants to try and keep Adrian for upcoming PL games.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Where did you hear that?

Klopp might be forced to put Kelleher on the bech, but Adrián will play.

Calm down now, there's nothing we can do - the window has closed.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I don't think so he made it clear by saying yes Adrian is in charge now so he will start super cup. Also Mignolet wanted to leave, not like the club could tie him down with handcuffs and say no you can't.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I must have read a misquote about Kelleher being in goal for Super Cup somewhere?

Not tempting fate here BUT if it happened to Alisson you just know it's going to happen to Adrian. I can hear every Liverpool fan now doing their best Rocky impression..."Adrrrrrriaaaaaannnnnn"! on Wednesday night.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion