KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#623866 - 13/07/19 04:24 PM Re: Aston Villa £100m spend [Re: Mr Bojangles]
Hercules/AF 58 Offline
1st Team Squad

Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles
Our first team would be difficult to improve.

When everyone is fit who drops out? Buying top class players and telling them they will make the bench isn't gonna happen. We need players who can improve the bench or replace a first teamer when they get injured.

Our team was poor in the domestic cups last year but with players like

Van den Berg
Adam Lewis
Brewster
Wilson
Kent
Woodburn

All eager to prove themselves we should be ok and it won't disturb the balance of the squad.

I'll be ok if we don't spend anything

Afraid I can't agree with you there Bo. I would assume we want to win the title in this coming season, however if our competitor who beat us to the title with a stronger squad last season has strengthened, while we decline, what does that say about our ambition?
Adding young potentials in our current situation, is more about moneymaking, than about taking on City for the title, I'm afraid. As things stand our best chance of the title this season is if city slip up and give it to us, personally I'd prefer to win it than be handed it.

#623868 - 13/07/19 04:56 PM Re: Aston Villa £100m spend [Re: Hercules/AF 58]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Our first team would be difficult to improve.

When everyone is fit who drops out? Buying top class players and telling them they will make the bench isn't gonna happen. We need players who can improve the bench or replace a first teamer when they get injured.

Our team was poor in the domestic cups last year but with players like

Van den Berg
Adam Lewis
Brewster
Wilson
Kent
Woodburn

All eager to prove themselves we should be ok and it won't disturb the balance of the squad.

I'll be ok if we don't spend anything

Afraid I can't agree with you there Bo. I would assume we want to win the title in this coming season, however if our competitor who beat us to the title with a stronger squad last season has strengthened, while we decline, what does that say about our ambition?
Adding young potentials in our current situation, is more about moneymaking, than about taking on City for the title, I'm afraid. As things stand our best chance of the title this season is if city slip up and give it to us, personally I'd prefer to win it than be handed it.

If we don't strenghen we would have to be very lucky to win the EPL

#623869 - 13/07/19 05:28 PM Re: Aston Villa £100m spend [Re: Hercules/AF 58]
AccaBoosty Offline
Under 23 Player

Technically in a tight race it is usually a slip up somewhere that costs one or other team the title.

Had Brighton got a draw v City somehow that would have been a slip up by them.

Most on here would still have said City best team City best squad blah blah blah.

You get 97 points and everyone is looking to where it was lost. This season 4 weeks from kick off and everyone is getting the knives out already.

It's pathetic.

City have strengthened by one midfield player. This guy has to play pretty well before I could accept they have strengthened significantly.

Don't forget they have lost Kompany. That guy is worth 6 points a year in games he should have got sent off in alone.

#623870 - 13/07/19 05:43 PM Re: Aston Villa £100m spend [Re: AccaBoosty]
wilkij1975 Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Northamptonshire
Originally Posted By SSO
Technically in a tight race it is usually a slip up somewhere that costs one or other team the title.

Most on here would still have said City best team City best squad blah blah blah.

You get 97 points and everyone is looking to where it was lost. This season 4 weeks from kick off and everyone is getting the knives out already.

It's pathetic.

City have strengthened by one midfield player. This guy has to play pretty well before I could accept they have strengthened significantly.

Don't forget they have lost Kompany. That guy is worth 6 points a year in games he should have got sent off in alone.

Itís what the defeatist Liverpool fans do. We could make4 signings before the season starts and I bet theyíll still be fukking moaning.

As you said, City have made one signing and heís unproven. Who knows how good heíll be? Who can replace Company?

I want us to strengthen and think we do need to but all is not lost if we donít especially if for the first time in a long time we keep all our best players.

#623873 - 13/07/19 06:11 PM Re: Aston Villa £100m spend [Re: AccaBoosty]
Shaggydog Offline
1st Team Regular

Loc: Derry
Originally Posted By SSO

It's pathetic.

Spot on sir.

Have people forgotten already the fact that we won The Champions League last season.

Why not let Mr Klopp get on with his job and trust the man.

#623874 - 13/07/19 06:13 PM Re: Aston Villa £100m spend [Re: Shaggydog]
wilkij1975 Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Northamptonshire
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
Originally Posted By SSO

It's pathetic.

Spot on sir.

Have people forgotten already the fact that we won The Champions League last season.

Because certain people believe they know better than him.

#623875 - 13/07/19 06:22 PM Re: Aston Villa £100m spend [Re: wilkij1975]
Shaggydog Offline
1st Team Regular

Loc: Derry
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
Originally Posted By SSO

It's pathetic.

Spot on sir.

Because certain people believe they know better than him.

Excellent, we will have a ready made replacement so when he goes.

#623876 - 13/07/19 06:45 PM Re: Aston Villa £100m spend [Re: ]
Mr Bojangles Offline
Under 23 Player

Loc: Liverpool
To say city have improved is a lie. They have brought back a left back. Who they will sell next season anyway.

Rodri no matter how good has to replace Fernandinho who was close to perfect last year.

Theyve also lost Kompany who is a massive influence.

Aguero and Silva are getting a bit older too.

We are not favorites to win the league. The only way we would win it is if man City don't. They're still the bench mark and have gotten nearly 200 points in 2 years.

#623877 - 13/07/19 07:23 PM Re: Aston Villa £100m spend [Re: AccaBoosty]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By SSO

It's pathetic.

Kompany didn't play a lot of games out of injury and City also slipped against Palace at home for example, if you call it slip. We won more games than them only just, scoring in the last minutes or so. City will probably get close to 100 pts again like in the last 2 seasons and yes they had/have a much better squad than ours despite having their best player De Bruyn out most of the season. We were lucky that our best players played a majority of games. Yes we can all hope but if we do not reinforce, no way we will win the league. Difficult to bet on a forum, but if possible I would be happy to bet a 100 quids, would you?

Edited by EnergisedReds (13/07/19 07:24 PM)

#623878 - 13/07/19 07:28 PM Re: Aston Villa £100m spend [Re: Mr Bojangles]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

To say city have improved is a lie. They have brought back a left back. Who they will sell next season anyway.

Rodri no matter how good has to replace Fernandinho who was close to perfect last year.

Theyve also lost Kompany who is a massive influence.

Aguero and Silva are getting a bit older too.

We are not favorites to win the league. The only way we would win it is if man City don't. They're still the bench mark and have gotten nearly 200 points in 2 years.

They lost against Palace and I think Leicester when Fernandinho was out as they didn't have a proper cover because they missed out on Jorginho. This is why they broke their record to buy Rodri, Pep knows what he is doing.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
Athletico Madrid v Liverpool
by Snakeye
16/12/19 11:24 AM
Coming up Man City Vs Leicester
by EnergisedReds
16/12/19 09:14 AM
Arsenal and Leicester will beat Man City.
by Vicdamone
16/12/19 04:01 AM
Should we sell Shaq and get Wilson back?
by Pickles
16/12/19 02:04 AM
Where does Klopp rank on our all time best managers list?
by ecnirp98
15/12/19 10:21 PM

General Discussion
Buffoon boris
by wilkij1975
15/12/19 11:09 PM
Music thread! (now epic)
by Derek
12/12/19 10:09 PM
Lumba
by lumba
12/12/19 04:08 PM
BANANA DUCT-TAPED TO A WALL SELLS FOR $120,000 AT ART BASEL
by Pickles
09/12/19 04:25 PM
Growlers things that make you happy thread!
by Pickles
06/12/19 01:22 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)
Pickles 88
EnergisedReds 80
ecnirp98 78
AccaBoosty 64
Hercules/AF 58 45
van Gogh 40
redordead13 39
wilkij1975 38
Snakeye 31