Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
W
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
W
Forget the CL win an finishing 2nd, are you all convinced by FSG?

Are they the best owners we can hope for?

or are they simply Hicks and Gillet mark 2 with a slightly better PR department?

I know many people will look at them with rose tinted glasses after last season, but with the amount of money we are pulling we should at the very least be competing with PSG, RM, Barca, etc in the transfer market YET we cannot even compete this summer with West Ham, Southampton, Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea, in the Prem.

something is seriously wrong with the flow of money when we can only spend big after selling one of our stars for BIG MONEY.

DISCUSS

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Their plan has taken them way longer than anticipated however no matter which way you look at it they have us at the top of world domestic football at the moment. The real test is whether this is another one of those false dawns we seem to have every 5 years and then drop back to the top 6 mediocrity?

I want to reserve judgement on this because we at least owe it to them and Klopp. I am a great believer on not resting on your laurels and competition for places in the team is healthy, however when you see teams paying players 500k+ a week that’s not healthy especially when most contracts cover 4 years. FSG made no bones about their plan of becoming self sufficient and we wouldn’t be able to pay that kind of money for players. FSG have to become creative in bringing the best players to us and use incentives based on the team and individual players success.

I don’t believe this thread should be to bollock FSG because that’s what it seems to have been setup for.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
It’s welshie. He has nothing left but to desperately try and bash FSG for some reason. Probably because we haven’t bought 10 players for £200m+ yet.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Yes and to think the whole f*cking summer has passed and we have only bought Sepp van den Berg yet!

FSG out!

Oh wait...

- it's July 3:rd
- the 3:rd day of the transfer window
- Copa America being played atm
- Afcon being played atm

You just can't make this sh*t up, can you?

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Welsh_Wizard
Forget the CL win an finishing 2nd, are you all convinced by FSG?

Are they the best owners we can hope for?

or are they simply Hicks and Gillet mark 2 with a slightly better PR department?

I know many people will look at them with rose tinted glasses after last season, but with the amount of money we are pulling we should at the very least be competing with PSG, RM, Barca, etc in the transfer market YET we cannot even compete this summer with West Ham, Southampton, Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea, in the Prem.

something is seriously wrong with the flow of money when we can only spend big after selling one of our stars for BIG MONEY.

DISCUSS

So apart from all the success they have brought for us, what have FSG done for us? .... Romans out!

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
In all seriousness, this is not FSG, Klopp is buying who he wants, he has never been a cheque book manager, he prefers to buy up and coming players and develop them, that's what he did at Dortmund with players like:

Robert Lewandowski $4.7 million

Neven Subotic $4.5 million

lkay Gündogan $5.5 million

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang $13 million

Shinji Kagawa $8 million

Ivan Perisic $5.5 million

Marco Reus $17.1 million

if you want 3 galactico's a season, we need Mourinho! I know who I would rather have.

Apparently he took allot of convincing to buy VvD when the price went to £75 million as he did not want to spend that much, but really wanted the player, so it was FSG who convinced him it was ok.

You cannot compares H&G with FSG, H&G bought the club on a bunch of lies and financed us down the river, we nearly went bust, having fire sales of our best players to pay the next loan payment. FSG are running us as a business, we are generating profit and investing that in the club, things like the Main Stand expansion and the new training centre.

If Klopp wants a £50+ million player, I am sure the money is there, John W said that at the CL final. If you look at the deals, not many are being done, most clubs are looking for value in the market and do not want to pay the quoted crazy prices, like Maguire & Zaha are being quoted at £90+ million!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
In all seriousness, this is not FSG, Klopp is buying who he wants, he has never been a cheque book manager, he prefers to buy up and coming players and develop them, that's what he did at Dortmund with players like:

Shinji Kagawa $8 million

Marco Reus $17.1 million

if you want 3 galactico's a season, we need Mourinho! I know who I would rather have.

Apparently he took allot of convincing to buy VvD when the price went to £75 million as he did not want to spend that much, but really wanted the player, so it was FSG who convinced him it was ok.

You cannot compares H&G with FSG, H&G bought the club on a bunch of lies and financed us down the river, we nearly went bust, having fire sales of our best players to pay the next loan payment. FSG are running us as a business, we are generating profit and investing that in the club, things like the Main Stand expansion and the new training centre.

If Klopp wants a £50+ million player, I am sure the money is there, John W said that at the CL final. If you look at the deals, not many are being done, most clubs are looking for value in the market and do not want to pay the quoted crazy prices, like Maguire & Zaha are being quoted at £90+ million!

City just activated Rodri's 62m release clause while we are looking for value on the market.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By van Gogh
Yes and to think the whole f*cking summer has passed and we have only bought Sepp van den Berg yet!

FSG out!

Oh wait...

- it's July 3:rd
- the 3:rd day of the transfer window
- Copa America being played atm
- Afcon being played atm

You just can't make this sh*t up, can you?

I thought I was the only one thinking this?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Shinji Kagawa $8 million

Marco Reus $17.1 million

City just activated Rodri's 62m release clause while we are looking for value on the market.

So. We don’t have their money. Go and support them if that’s the sort of business you want. All you do is fukking moan about us and have nothing but good to say about City and Pep so why not?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Shinji Kagawa $8 million

Marco Reus $17.1 million

So. We don’t have their money. Go and support them if that’s the sort of business you want. All you do is fukking moan about us and have nothing but good to say about City and Pep so why not?

If you followed football finances a little bit you might have understood the revenues we made last season but I know your limitations

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion