KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#623421 - 02/07/19 06:17 PM Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster?
Welsh_Wizard Offline
Under 23 Player

The apparent great hope of our club.
Never been out in loan.
Injured more often than not.
Promised 1st team squad role this season.

Yet Harry Wilson, a few better player, been on loan and excelled at Hull and Derby, 11 full international caps for Wales. Derby player of the year.

Wolves and Villa after him for 20million.

But he has to prove himself?

In my opinion Wilson is already better than Lallana and should have his position in the squad?

Yet what has Brewster done to get all the attention and praise apart from being tapped up by German clubs last summer.

#623423 - 02/07/19 06:28 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
wilkij1975 Online   content
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Northamptonshire
Wilson is Welsh hence your wide on for him. He has looked ok and if heís good enough heíll get his chance.

As for Brewster, Iíve not seen him play so canít comment but Iíve heard heís better than Lavezzi so we should be ok.

#623426 - 02/07/19 06:35 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
Welsh_Wizard Offline
Under 23 Player

That is the point, very few people have seen Brewster play, he is constantly injured, or plays in U23 games but that is enough to promise him the 4th striker spot next season.

Meanwhile Wilson has proved himself vs professional championship players and on the international stage.

His nationality has nothing to do with it, if anyone should get a squad place based on last season, it should be Wilson not Brewster.

#623428 - 02/07/19 06:50 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Welsh_Wizard
The apparent great hope of our club.
Never been out in loan.
Injured more often than not.
Promised 1st team squad role this season.

Yet Harry Wilson, a few better player, been on loan and excelled at Hull and Derby, 11 full international caps for Wales. Derby player of the year.

Wolves and Villa after him for 20million.

But he has to prove himself?

In my opinion Wilson is already better than Lallana and should have his position in the squad?

Yet what has Brewster done to get all the attention and praise apart from being tapped up by German clubs last summer.

Dont think it's everybody but mainly Klopp. He must have seen him play but sometimes I am not so sure about his eye especially when he says Lallana is an incredible player. But I don't know as I haven't watched Brewster

Edited by EnergisedReds (02/07/19 06:51 PM)

#623429 - 02/07/19 06:52 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
AccaBoosty Offline
Under 23 Player

The kid must be good. We offloaded Solanke for £19m with this lad still on the treatment table without blinking.

Harry Wilson has done exceptionally well at Hull and Derby the last 2 seas but is that little bit older.

Brewster must have shown something in training. Maybe he is dribbling past VVD three times a week.

But we need to trust the management team on this one. Don't expect him to start if everyone is fit. But he might get a run out at Wembley as a sub in August with our strikers all looking to go deep in their current tournaments.

#623430 - 02/07/19 06:55 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
Mr Bojangles Offline
Under 23 Player

Loc: Liverpool
I hope Wilson gets a chance.

Brewster looks good when he plays. But as people keep saying. We only ever see him for England under 18s

#623434 - 02/07/19 07:28 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Mr Bojangles]
Stanley Park Offline
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Not the EU
Never seen Brewster but he is highly rated by klopp and it's hard to judge young players and their cababilty for the first team unless you are in the know which limits it to the training staff and the manager. We will have to wait and see

#623435 - 02/07/19 07:30 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
Liverpool Legend

That is the point, very few people have seen Brewster play, he is constantly injured, or plays in U23 games but that is enough to promise him the 4th striker spot next season.

Meanwhile Wilson has proved himself vs professional championship players and on the international stage.

His nationality has nothing to do with it, if anyone should get a squad place based on last season, it should be Wilson not Brewster.

Well the only person that matters sees him very often and thatís Klopp. I think he knows what heís up to despite what some say so Iíll trust his judgement.

And with you, his nationality has everything to do with it. If Wilson was English you wouldnít bat an eyelid.

Edited by wilkij1975 (02/07/19 07:31 PM)

#623565 - 05/07/19 09:17 AM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
RafaB Offline
Under 18 Player

Loc: South uk
Wiz, I hope you'll give the kid your support, it may take him a season to bed in, he is quick with an eye for a goal (golden boot winner), works across the frontline..

I like the look of him, let's not pressure him, give him all the chances to succeed, he could save us £150m or make us that money in the future..
Getoutofdebtfree.co.uk
YNWA....

#623566 - 05/07/19 09:23 AM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
Snakeye Offline
1st Team Regular

Loc: New Zealand
I'll be honest never seen him play as I don't watch reserves but I also didn't see Trent and look how he turned out.

#623589 - 05/07/19 08:34 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: RafaB]
ecnirp98 Online   content
Under 23 Player

Loc: Madchester
Originally Posted By RafaB
Wiz, I hope you'll give the kid your support, it may take him a season to bed in, he is quick with an eye for a goal (golden boot winner), works across the frontline..

I like the look of him, let's not pressure him, give him all the chances to succeed, he could save us £150m or make us that money in the future..

I think the way the club are handling him isn't helping, they are saying we won't buy a striker as we have Brewster and he will get games, so that's putting abit of pressure on the lad.

He's been out injured a long time, so might take him a while to get upto speed, hopefully he will be as quick/mobile as he was before the injury.

Edited by ecnirp98 (05/07/19 08:35 PM)

#623592 - 06/07/19 09:20 AM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
ghostgoal Offline
Under 16 Player

Loc: Merseyside
Iíll be the first to say it. From what Iíve saw of him I havenít liked. He seems a cocky little soandso typical young footballer of todayís generation from social media [oops] thatís went up. All the highlights and stuff of him havenít really tickled my pickle. He looks alright but not a world beater on the level of Mbappe like some delusional posts Iíve seen from certain fans. Iíll reserve judgement for the most part but Iím not holding my breath.

#623593 - 06/07/19 09:47 AM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: ghostgoal]
paul66 Offline
Under 23 Player

Originally Posted By ghostgoal
Iíll be the first to say it. From what Iíve saw of him I havenít liked. He seems a cocky little soandso typical young footballer of todayís generation from social media [oops] thatís went up. All the highlights and stuff of him havenít really tickled my pickle. He looks alright but not a world beater on the level of Mbappe like some delusional posts Iíve seen from certain fans. Iíll reserve judgement for the most part but Iím not holding my breath.

I don't follow his social media or have I seen anything cocky from him from what I have seen. What I have seen off him he seems to be be very confident and out going lad.

Very little is known about him other than his U17 world cup. He's been injured for a while and we took him back slowly. He is highly rated by Klopp though. And certainly was not behind that group of hudson odoi, sancho and foden at that world cup.

He isn't that visually appealing of a player. But he is fast and scores goals and has good positional sense from what I have seen. Klopp sees something.

Edited by paul66 (06/07/19 09:48 AM)

#623782 - 11/07/19 09:49 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
redordead13 Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Looked pretty sharp today.

#623788 - 12/07/19 07:31 AM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Snakeye]
Confused
Unregistered

Originally Posted By Snakeye
I'll be honest never seen him play as I don't watch reserves but I also didn't see Trent and look how he turned out.

Brewster has magic in his boots and harry wilson is slow thats the difference..... Brewster golden booted and won the youth world cup scoring around 21 in 23 games for england youths, there's hype for a reason.... kid finishes goals for fun, firmino gets hyped for chasing defenders and missing sitters

#623906 - 15/07/19 08:25 AM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
Confused
Unregistered

Thats why......

#624760 - 31/07/19 09:07 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
Welsh_Wizard Offline
Under 23 Player

If tonight's game in which Wilson was our mom vs Lyon does not cement his place for next season, I don't know what will.

Harry Wilson is a lot more talented than Raheem Sterling when was 22.

I would go further and reckon he could push Lallana out of the first team picture as well.

#624763 - 31/07/19 09:18 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
Liverpool Legend

So Wilson is better than Sterling was 2 years ago? Interesting.

#624764 - 31/07/19 09:48 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
Hercules/AF 58 Offline
1st Team Squad

Well my jury hasn't been vetted yet, then it has to be selected, then it has to sit and view the evidence, then it has to gestitate on said evidence, and then as chief juror, I shall deliver a verdict.

#624772 - 31/07/19 11:50 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
*** Suso *** Offline
1st Team Regular

Loc: In bed
If tonight's game in which Wilson was our mom vs Lyon does not cement his place for next season, I don't know what will.

I would go further and reckon he could push Lallana out of the first team picture as well.
thats a load of bullsacks . sterling was totally on another level

#624773 - 01/08/19 01:34 AM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
redordead13 Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia

Better than Sterling? laugh You are off your rocker.

At 22 Sterling was the most expensive English player of all time, and he scored 23 goals in a title winning squad. He had lightning in his heels, creativity, close control, and creativity in spades.

He had 5 seasons of consistent premier league football before that, hitting double figures in 4 of them. He won the Golden Boy, our young player of the year award twice, and a league cup BEFORE he turned 22. Wilson has had one good season in the championship. I have hope for Wilson, but he's not better than Sterling was just because he's Welsh.

#624774 - 01/08/19 03:06 AM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Did you watch the game or only the goal?

#624777 - 01/08/19 09:41 AM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
RedJohn Offline
Under 23 Player

Wilson's better than Sterling - fair enough. But pushing Lallana out of the first team picture?! You're f**king crazy!!

#624780 - 01/08/19 11:25 AM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
ghostgoal Offline
Under 16 Player

Loc: Merseyside
Better than sterling at 22? What are they smoking down there in Wales?

#628758 - 31/10/19 01:04 AM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
*** Suso *** Offline
1st Team Regular

dump up

ok so what is the deal with him. quite awhile ago i asked what makes his standout from other players and why do fans and more importantly think he has what it takes to be a top top player.

I know its only two games but i still cant see the fuss. can anyone enlighten me ?

#628762 - 31/10/19 11:07 AM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: *** Suso ***]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By *** Suso ***
dump up

ok so what is the deal with him. quite awhile ago i asked what makes his standout from other players and why do fans and more importantly think he has what it takes to be a top top player.

I know its only two games but i still cant see the fuss. can anyone enlighten me ?

Haven't watched him a lot but he was quite energetic from what I saw in the 2nd half I watched yesterday, he looks to have potential, not as Owen at the same age though.

#628766 - 31/10/19 01:34 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
van Gogh Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Out Of Town
Maybe he just hasn't kicked off since the long time injury setback?

Thought Jones made a much bigger impact last night, during his short stint on the pitch, than what Brewster did during the whole game.

#628767 - 31/10/19 01:50 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
AccaBoosty Offline
Under 23 Player

It's a strange one but I see more in him than Solanke. He needs a goal. He worried Mustafi all night including the own goal. He was instrumental in the 5th goal when we had Chirivella, Jones and Williams all playing. Having said that Mustafi is not a PL level player this season.

Seems to me he hasn't learnt how to play with and against experienced players. I don't doubt his abilities.

I think a season on loan to a Championship team next season would benefit. Somewhere like Leeds where fans expectations are always high.

#628771 - 31/10/19 03:33 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
The Kop Prophet Offline
Under 16 Player

Thank god Klopp has more measured wisdom than kneejerkers on this site. Last night's team was very experimental and it showed in the first half. William and Van den Burgh were nervy - and Brewster did very little to hold up play and link up with the other two strikers. While none of them had a brilliant game - they all grew into it and had a better second half. Brewster had some decent half chances and showed a good burst of speed in the final play of the game. He slotted his penalty perfectly and will have learned a lot from last night's experience. Writing him off after two games, weeks apart, in two lineups that have played little football together, is just silly. Thankfully we have professionals in charge.

#628785 - 01/11/19 12:42 AM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: The Kop Prophet]
*** Suso *** Offline
1st Team Regular

Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
Thank god Klopp has more measured wisdom than kneejerkers on this site. Last night's team was very experimental and it showed in the first half. William and Van den Burgh were nervy - and Brewster did very little to hold up play and link up with the other two strikers. While none of them had a brilliant game - they all grew into it and had a better second half. Brewster had some decent half chances and showed a good burst of speed in the final play of the game. He slotted his penalty perfectly and will have learned a lot from last night's experience. Writing him off after two games, weeks apart, in two lineups that have played little football together, is just silly. Thankfully we have professionals in charge.
no one is writing him off but its a serious question, why is he so highly rated?

i saw something in sterling that said he was goint to be a top player but cant say the samething about him

#628788 - 01/11/19 08:20 AM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: The Kop Prophet]
van Gogh Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Out Of Town

May I ask what we are allowed to discuss in here then, without being called kneejerkers, since probably none of us are at the same level as football experts are?

Maybe we should just ask Dunk to close the site down, because there's no need for it?

#628792 - 01/11/19 12:57 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: van Gogh]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By van Gogh

May I ask what we are allowed to discuss in here then, without being called kneejerkers, since probably none of us are at the same level as football experts are?

Maybe we should just ask Dunk to close the site down, because there's no need for it?

For some any kind of questioning the club is prohibited, indeed this site should be closed down.

#628814 - 01/11/19 08:58 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
AccaBoosty Offline
Under 23 Player

Those who are kneejerkers know who they are. I don't think the post by KP singled anyone out and of course everyone is entitled to their views. Not everyone criticised Brewster. So in not having a go at the player many stayed silent. Some like KP have been supportive of the player and not laid into him. Even he says he didn't have a brilliant game but grew into it.

Unfortunately some will take one word like kneejerker and instead of trying to see positive and negative like KP has simply go on the attack.

#628815 - 01/11/19 10:41 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: AccaBoosty]
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Those who are kneejerkers know who they are. I don't think the post by KP singled anyone out and of course everyone is entitled to their views. Not everyone criticised Brewster. So in not having a go at the player many stayed silent. Some like KP have been supportive of the player and not laid into him. Even he says he didn't have a brilliant game but grew into it.

Unfortunately some will take one word like kneejerker and instead of trying to see positive and negative like KP has simply go on the attack.

+1 to this.

#628843 - 02/11/19 02:30 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: wilkij1975]
ecnirp98 Online   content
Under 23 Player

Loc: Madchester
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty

+1 to this.

I've heard quite a few people on Podcasts who were at the game and are singing Brewster's praises for his performance, I think to see him live, watching his movement and work rate is showing he's got something, he just needs to get a goal, he's close to things but not getting the break, maybe that doesn't come over so much on the TV coverage.

#628844 - 02/11/19 02:35 PM Re: Why is everyone going on about Rhian Brewster? [Re: Welsh_Wizard]
AccaBoosty Offline
Under 23 Player

My lad went to the game and he thought as did everyone around him that Brewster got the first goal until I sent him a text telling him. He said he was running all game and didn't give up.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
TAKUMI MINAMINO TO JOIN LIVERPOOL ON JANUARY 1ST
by ecnirp98
12/12/19 08:26 PM
New Year Signings
by kernowred
12/12/19 05:52 PM
Leicester now Liverpool's biggest PL threat?
by lumba
12/12/19 04:07 PM
CL 1/8 Final draw on Monday
by Hercules/AF 58
12/12/19 02:46 PM
Keita
by ecnirp98
11/12/19 06:17 PM

General Discussion
Music thread! (now epic)
by Derek
12/12/19 10:09 PM
Lumba
by lumba
12/12/19 04:08 PM
BANANA DUCT-TAPED TO A WALL SELLS FOR $120,000 AT ART BASEL
by Pickles
09/12/19 04:25 PM
Growlers things that make you happy thread!
by Pickles
06/12/19 01:22 PM
pedo prince
by Markhutch1
29/11/19 10:53 AM

Top Posters (30 Days)
EnergisedReds 93
Pickles 73
ecnirp98 66
AccaBoosty 61
wilkij1975 45
van Gogh 40