Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By Welsh_Wizard
If tonight's game in which Wilson was our mom vs Lyon does not cement his place for next season, I don't know what will.

Harry Wilson is a lot more talented than Raheem Sterling when was 22.

I would go further and reckon he could push Lallana out of the first team picture as well.

Better than Sterling? laugh You are off your rocker.

At 22 Sterling was the most expensive English player of all time, and he scored 23 goals in a title winning squad. He had lightning in his heels, creativity, close control, and creativity in spades.

He had 5 seasons of consistent premier league football before that, hitting double figures in 4 of them. He won the Golden Boy, our young player of the year award twice, and a league cup BEFORE he turned 22. Wilson has had one good season in the championship. I have hope for Wilson, but he's not better than Sterling was just because he's Welsh.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
If tonight's game in which Wilson was our mom vs Lyon does not cement his place for next season, I don't know what will.

I would go further and reckon he could push Lallana out of the first team picture as well.

Did you watch the game or only the goal?

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R

Wilson's better than Sterling - fair enough. But pushing Lallana out of the first team picture?! You're f**king crazy!!

G
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
G
Better than sterling at 22? What are they smoking down there in Wales?

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
dump up

ok so what is the deal with him. quite awhile ago i asked what makes his standout from other players and why do fans and more importantly think he has what it takes to be a top top player.

I know its only two games but i still cant see the fuss. can anyone enlighten me ?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By *** Suso ***
dump up

ok so what is the deal with him. quite awhile ago i asked what makes his standout from other players and why do fans and more importantly think he has what it takes to be a top top player.

I know its only two games but i still cant see the fuss. can anyone enlighten me ?

Haven't watched him a lot but he was quite energetic from what I saw in the 2nd half I watched yesterday, he looks to have potential, not as Owen at the same age though.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Maybe he just hasn't kicked off since the long time injury setback?

Thought Jones made a much bigger impact last night, during his short stint on the pitch, than what Brewster did during the whole game.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
It's a strange one but I see more in him than Solanke. He needs a goal. He worried Mustafi all night including the own goal. He was instrumental in the 5th goal when we had Chirivella, Jones and Williams all playing. Having said that Mustafi is not a PL level player this season.

Seems to me he hasn't learnt how to play with and against experienced players. I don't doubt his abilities.

I think a season on loan to a Championship team next season would benefit. Somewhere like Leeds where fans expectations are always high.

T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
Thank god Klopp has more measured wisdom than kneejerkers on this site. Last night's team was very experimental and it showed in the first half. William and Van den Burgh were nervy - and Brewster did very little to hold up play and link up with the other two strikers. While none of them had a brilliant game - they all grew into it and had a better second half. Brewster had some decent half chances and showed a good burst of speed in the final play of the game. He slotted his penalty perfectly and will have learned a lot from last night's experience. Writing him off after two games, weeks apart, in two lineups that have played little football together, is just silly. Thankfully we have professionals in charge.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
Thank god Klopp has more measured wisdom than kneejerkers on this site. Last night's team was very experimental and it showed in the first half. William and Van den Burgh were nervy - and Brewster did very little to hold up play and link up with the other two strikers. While none of them had a brilliant game - they all grew into it and had a better second half. Brewster had some decent half chances and showed a good burst of speed in the final play of the game. He slotted his penalty perfectly and will have learned a lot from last night's experience. Writing him off after two games, weeks apart, in two lineups that have played little football together, is just silly. Thankfully we have professionals in charge.
no one is writing him off but its a serious question, why is he so highly rated?

i saw something in sterling that said he was goint to be a top player but cant say the samething about him

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion