Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
I'd like to see TAA attempting more free kicks, he has scored a couple of beauties, so why not try to develop that aspect of the wonder kid's play?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Ok lads, remind me not to ever ruffle any of your feathers! You don't take snubbing lightly. However we still need a creative goal scoring midfielder. We don't score nearly enough in the last season or two.

Are you joking about not scoring enough? We score loads!
I was talking about scoring goals from midfield. Had some of our midfielders stepped up with a few more goals each last season, we might be sitting on the double now. I know some of the blame for our lack of midfielder goals has to do with Klopp's tactical approach, but we need to take the pressure off our front lads a little bit, so signing a good goal scoring, creative midfielder would be good. In fairness to Klopp he did try to sign Fekir for that role, but was thwarted by the suits. Maybe he'll sign one (though unlikely to be Coutinho) this summer.
But yeah with regard to the latter, I did have my tounge slightly in my cheek! However the dreath of goals from midfield remains an issue, would be good if we can sort it.

I get what you’re saying but I’m not sure it would’ve changed much. I think Klopp’s approach changed to make us more solid which as you say may have effected the mids. We were also without Ox and I know he’s no Messi (a wise man once said) but I’m sure he’d have chipped in with a few.

I’ve nothing against Coutinho though. Just not sure we’d want him back and especially after the way he left. Klopp likes loyalty and he showed little to get his move. If he came back then what’s to stop him doing it all again?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
I'd have no problem with him joining us as an ex player, but I do not think he suits our play now, Klopp inherited him, he never bought Coutinho.

The problem is he becomes the focus, whenever we struggled the players would just give the ball to Coutinho and hope he could do some magic and score a goal/unlock a defense, occassionally he did that, but for every one that curled in the top corner there were 10 that ended in the stand and stilted our attacks, teams could just block off Coutinho and they would stop our attacks.

There are better options, especially at the huge money we are talking, I'd perfer someone like Isco or Madisson, we also have Grujic & Wilson who might be able to play there giving that creativity.

We do miss Coutinho's free kicks.

Isco will probably cost more than Coutinho right now and you cannot compare the others to Coutinho. Maybe Madisson will be as good in the middle but Coutinho will provide rotation with Mane as well. That said, can't see this happening, Barca will want too much for him

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 22/06/19 12:46 PM.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
I'd have no problem with him joining us as an ex player, but I do not think he suits our play now, Klopp inherited him, he never bought Coutinho.

The problem is he becomes the focus, whenever we struggled the players would just give the ball to Coutinho and hope he could do some magic and score a goal/unlock a defense, occassionally he did that, but for every one that curled in the top corner there were 10 that ended in the stand and stilted our attacks, teams could just block off Coutinho and they would stop our attacks.

There are better options, especially at the huge money we are talking, I'd perfer someone like Isco or Madisson, we also have Grujic & Wilson who might be able to play there giving that creativity.

We do miss Coutinho's free kicks.

Isco will probably cost more than Coutinho right now and you cannot compare the others to Coutinho. Maybe Madisson will be as good in the middle but Coutinho will provide rotation with Mane as well. That said, can't see this happening, Barca will want too much for him

We attack mainly through the wingbacks at pace, our CM is quite solid, where we have struggled is a player who can come on if a game is tight and we are struggling to break down a defense, that's when someone with the guile and creativity of a Coutinho is useful, I haven't see enough of Grujic or Wilson to say they can do this, but as we have them anyway, I would like to see them given a chance at least.

With RM buying Hazard, Isco might be available, it would be worth an enquiry, they will need to offload a few players, we have also been linked with Arsenio a few times, I think these would be better/cheaper options.

I agree I can't see us going for Coutinho, Barca would want near enough what we paid back, so we wouldn't go anywhere near that price, there are much better options for the way we play at that money, that would also offer better cover for the front 3, I would prefer Dembele from Barca who might be available.

Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
Yes, but it won't happen and he'd have to be cheaper than the megabucks we sold him for.Klopp has a way he wants to play and probably knows his targets for this summer and Coutinho didn't endear himself to Klopp at the end. Not gonna appen.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
My problem with him coming back is he doesn't fix a problem we have and he doesn't elevate us from where we've got to.

I'd much rather we invested £100m on an Asensio or a Chiesa than in bringing back a 27 year old Coutinho who hasn't handled pressure at the top of the game.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By jjmelling/Stato
My problem with him coming back is he doesn't fix a problem we have and he doesn't elevate us from where we've got to.

I'd much rather we invested £100m on an Asensio or a Chiesa than in bringing back a 27 year old Coutinho who hasn't handled pressure at the top of the game.

Don't understand all the hype on Asencio and the transfer prices quoted. Hasn't really impressed whenever I've watched and 1 goal and 6 assists in 30 la ligua games for a team like RM is nothing. Chieasa looks to have a lot to offer though.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H

ha! you're back jj, good. As I said at the start, I have mixed feelings about resigning him....and yet he is creative and has that sugar coated right foot on him, as well as pitching in with his fair share of goals....ah well sure, if it's not to be, it's not to be....

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By Jan1957

Hey Jan, I just noticed your handle there...1957! Was that when you made your grand entry, squealing, kicking and piddling all over the gaff. Or is that when you started following Liverpool? If it's the latter you could be a cranky'r ould [oops] than I am, and that's saying something. If it's the former breath a sigh of relief, you have a bit to go....

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Don't understand all the hype on Asencio and the transfer prices quoted. Hasn't really impressed whenever I've watched and 1 goal and 6 assists in 30 la ligua games for a team like RM is nothing. Chieasa looks to have a lot to offer though.

I think RM have missed the boat on selling players on. Bale not wanted there and he wants to stay because he is on a whole heap of money there. Asensio being touted around again as is James Rodriguez. They seem to want players in because the high profile ones they already have are not cutting it. Rodriguez is 27 and RM missed 2 of his supposed peak years by sending him on loan to Bayern who don't want him.

I think we should be a bit cute here and take Asensio on a loan deal for a season or two and then send him back if he is not that good. They obviously don't want him there and his value is going down month by month. I agree that 1 goal and 6 assists is not great from 30 games and to think they rated him at over £150m is laughable.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion