Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Liverpool plan for future of Marko Grujic clear with another loan deal in pipeline

The midfielder has spent the last 18 months on temporary spells with Cardiff and Hertha Berlin

Marko Grujic is highly likely to spend another season out on loan.

The Liverpool midfielder has spent the last 18 months on temporary spells with Cardiff and Hertha Berlin.

The Reds were impressed with the Serbian's development on his most recent campaign in the Bundesliga and are hoping he continues to make progress in another term away from Anfield with a strong European club the preferred option.

Another loan deal for the 23-year-old makes sense with a number of top-quality midfield players already at Jurgen Klopp's disposal.

The likes of Fabinho, Gini Wijnaldum, Jordan Henderson and James Milner - to name just four - are already playing in Grujic's position.

Grujic moved to Merseyside for £5.1million in January 2016 as Klopp's first signing and he has managed 14 appearances, with three of those starts and all coming in the League Cup, since then.

The ECHO understands there is a belief from the German manager that Grujic still has the potential to be a regular at Anfield , so selling him at this stage has not come into question.

It is also not an impossibility to think Liverpool could be in the market for another midfielder in the next couple of years so the Reds will keep hold of Grujic with a belief he is more valuable to the club than any transfer fee they would achieve.

Although the midfielder is facing another loan move there are no deals imminently in place that will see Grujic depart before the players begin to report back to Melwood for pre-season on July 6.

Though, of course, his immediate future may be sorted out before such time.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo...grujic-16462416

I think it's time for us to give him his chance now at the age of 23.
Sending him on another loan will only exasperate Grujic's thoughts towards his future with us. Klopp needs to decide now and not let another promising player slip through the net of terminal loan deals until they walk away for free!

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
We should keep him in our squad, we will have plenty of games this season, this is likely to be Milners last last season with us, so sounds like Grujic would be a good replacement for Milner, he can spend this season preparing for that in the team.

Henderson has probably only got a few more top level years in him, we at least need to find out if Grujic has got it in him to play for us, if not, sell him.

Same go's for Wilson, give him a try, if he won't make it for us, sell him on, but it's silly to sell these players, then be paying £50+ million for a replacement who might be no better.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
If we loan him again then his contract will probably almost finish without using him. It's best to sell him while he is hot as I don't think he will ever get into the team.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Obviously Klopp doesn't rate him highly enough to play him, even in the minor cup games. Best to sell him on with caveats for future options, should he come good. There's little to be gained by loaning him at this point.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Obviously Klopp doesn't rate him highly enough to play him, even in the minor cup games. Best to sell him on with caveats for future options, should he come good. There's little to be gained by loaning him at this point.

This.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
The thing is when everyone is fit we play 3 up front and 3 in the midfield. So as well as Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner and Fabinho we have Shaqiri, Keita and Ox. So as it stands it is a huge injury/suspension scenario before he gets on the bench. And even if he got on the bench he has as much chance of getting on the pitch as Mignolet.

We should sell him before we end up with another Emre Can situation and lose him for nothing. I don't think he will ever be in the £50m to £60m bracket or be seen as a regular starter at any big club.

And even if he came on leaps and bounds who is to say we wouldn't find another Gomez or TAA that can come through and overtake him.

Sell him for a decent fee would be best all round. If he was loaned I would rather see him staying in the PL at somewhere like Newcastle or Palace where he would get playing time.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I'd like to see what he can do. With his physical traits and the flashes of talent I've seen, I'm curious. But I trust Klopp.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Having had more time to view this situation I think it's telling that we've not had any transfer offers for Grujic. He's spent the last year in the German Bundesliga where there's plenty of clubs you'd assume would see talent in Grujic and would be lining up with offers to buy him...the likes of Bayern, Borussia Dortmund and even RB Leipzig, but none of those clubs have shown an interest in him?

He's 23 now, at an age where if he has the talent to eventually succeed with Liverpool then other half decent clubs would be interested in him. The "only" reported interest at the moment is Werder Bremen who are interested in taking him on loan for 2 years, his contract expires in 2023.

The only reason I see why he hasn't been sold is that Liverpool are looking for him to have a breakout season and increase his transfer value astronomically...he was bought for 5.1 million from Red Star Belgrade in January 2016.

I see no future at Liverpool FC for Marko Grujic now and his affiliation to us is merely a financial spin of the roulette wheel.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Yeah it's a long contract for a player we are not looking on using. He could get to 26/27 without really playing much for us. I don't know how much we could get for him. There was talk we wanted well over £30m for him.

I would think that the first offer of £25m would get him.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
I think we've already made back what we shelled out for him from the loan deals at Red Star, Cardiff and Hertha Berlin. What we make from him now is ALL gravy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion