Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Not from a fans point of view but the club,

I am thinking from a marketing point of view last season was perfect champions league will pull huge sponsorship and prestige. Finishing second you could argue from marketing point of view finishing second with the tantalising prospect of winning coming season will have the fans in a frenzy

Had we won the title it won have been a great honour but club marketing wise how much extra would it add ?

So as a fan I want to win the title but how much do the suits running the club. If they do care then they will spend big this close season if they don't the message to klopp is "do your best" with what you have

So from club perspective I am questioning how vital it is we win the title ?

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
If you think that not winning the biggest prize in the competition isn’t important to any sports club then you’re wrong. You may not like FSG but they're sports people and will want to win.

Who we buy and what we spend will not be a message of intent from the ‘suits’ but a reflection of what Klopp thinks we need.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
If you think that not winning the biggest prize in the competition isn’t important to any sports club then you’re wrong. You may not like FSG but they're sports people and will want to win.

Who we buy and what we spend will not be a message of intent from the ‘suits’ but a reflection of what Klopp thinks we need.

So what in financial terms do we gain from it ? Are the marginal costs below the marginal revenue ? I don't deny they want to win but how much is my question? By the way you have completely misunderstood the point I was making

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Not from a fans point of view but the club,

I am thinking from a marketing point of view last season was perfect champions league will pull huge sponsorship and prestige. Finishing second you could argue from marketing point of view finishing second with the tantalising prospect of winning coming season will have the fans in a frenzy

Had we won the title it won have been a great honour but club marketing wise how much extra would it add ?

So as a fan I want to win the title but how much do the suits running the club. If they do care then they will spend big this close season if they don't the message to klopp is "do your best" with what you have

So from club perspective I am questioning how vital it is we win the title ?

I would say the FSG will want to have us win more, because that's what grows a fanbase. The CL win was huge for us this year, but they will want that title. They want us to be like United in the 90s.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad

So what in financial terms do we gain from it ? Are the marginal costs below the marginal revenue ? I don't deny they want to win but how much is my question? By the way you have completely misunderstood the point I was making

How do you quantify that?

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
To me it's not vital. If you gave me this season again next season I would take it in a heartbeat. And the year after and the year after. I think winning CL is massive. Just watch the shirt sales this summer. The club had a delay in getting them out to people quite possibly due to the volume of orders.

Has any other city witnessed a homecoming like that?

Just think what winning Big Ears again would do next season! We have already been in the last 2 finals. Absolutely smashed Barcelona this season in the second leg and similarly despatched City last season big time. It doesn't get any better than this.

Revenue wise this new World Club Cup from 2021 is going to be a much bigger competition than it currently is. It may, in time, if it is run properly rival the CL as the top club tournament in the world as it title suggests. If they are going through with it we have already qualified. City haven't. Barcelona haven't. This is for the elite and we are bang in there.

Back to the OP. It is vital we win the PL if we DON'T win the CL but I think that will drop somewhere along the line sooner rather than later.

As for spending we should finish top 4 next season with what we have. Asking to get 97 points again is like asking Salah to score 40 plus goals every season. But we got 97 points and the CL in the same season. The 97 points was a record haul in any of the big European Leagues beating the 96 that Real Madrid got in 2010. That season they went out of the CL in the last 16. Barcelona who won that year in Spain got knocked out in the semi final.

So we could argue that our achievement this season is greater than any other team has ever achieved in Europe. Albeit only one trophy to show for it.

So YES I would take that again!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I would donate a testicle for a title win.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
Seeing as kids don't support teams they just follow their favorite players I can see why a CL win is probably preferable to anyone but a Liverpool fan.

As mentioned above. I would cut off my testicle with a rusty bread knife to win the league

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I think it all depends on City's participation in next years CL.
If City are banned then they have "only" domestic Competition to concentrate on, without extra games travelling midweek in Europe which does put a huge strain on the squad. The PL title will be City's again if they get banned from CL next season.

If City don't get banned then we have a huge chance, especially because City have lost Kompany who was a huge influence for their team. The likes of Fernandinho and Silva are not getting any younger, Silva will be 34 in January and Fernandinho has just turned 34. The likes of De Bruyne still hasn't got over injury complications and he's likely to continue in and out of the team. Sane is not liked by Pep and is being talked about being sold to Bayern. So City have a few things to negate this coming season.

We must start off strong and get a lead because it's the only way we'll beat City to next season's PL title.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

I have no idea what you just said.

And your point is some thinly veiled attempt to get an anti FSG thread going.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion