Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By RafaB
REd, maybe the Premier is too fast for him, the France and in Italy both stages are slower paced, we are led to believe...

Maybe that the key.... Time on the ball so he can be the pivot point..

He has games in England where he looks brilliant. He's comfortably United's best player. The problem is it's all on his shoulders.

But as we've seen with players like Suarez, when the rest of the team is a midtable standard, one world class player carrying a mediocre team can make that player wildly inconsistent. Remember how Suarez's finishing used to be so erratic under Dalglish?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Pogba cares more for his hair styles and the gram than football.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

He had 13 goals and 9 assists last year. Not many CMs putting up those kinds of numbers. His problem isn't instagram or his barber. It's sh*te teammates and managers.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
But he has got a bad attitude. He doesn't run enough when the chips are down. He switches off. Actually he switches off and pulls out the plug. He was criticised a lot last season but have a look at the last game of the season v Cardiff when he just let the guy he was supposed to be marking at the throw in just drift by him effortlessly.

He is not worth a third of the money he is on. And a lot of those goals from last season were penalties.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By redordead13
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

He had 13 goals and 9 assists last year. Not many CMs putting up those kinds of numbers. His problem isn't instagram or his barber. It's sh*te teammates and managers.

You love a stat don’t ya?

But sorry, his attitude stinks for me. Typical modern nob head footballer. It shouldn’t matter how good his team mates are. Just look what Suarez did for us. He focussed on football not having a yellow stripe in his hair.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
I really, really hope Man Utd don't sell Pogba he is everything why they are currently sh*te! He is the most over rated player I've ever had the the fortune to watch in The Premier League..."fortune" because he plays for them down the road!

G
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
G
He has all the physical attributes and technical ability to be one of the best players in the world. He has a dogshit mentality though. He doesnt put enough of a shift in, which is fine in the french and italian league. Not in the prem though. Too many times he looks around when they go behind as though he's 'too good' for this team, or its everyone else's fault but his. It's exactly the wrong mentality to have.

Look at suarez. All the talent and ability in the world and an insatiable drive to win. He was surrounded by mediocrity barring a couple of players. Never stopped him from leading by example. That's the difference between a very good player and a world class player.

Lets compare Pogba to Milner seeing as they take up similiar areas of the pitch. You'd think we were looking at two completely different species on first glance. Pogba is clearly a genetically gifted athlete with his physical Peak age coming up. Technically brilliant on the ball. Tall, strong, decent pace for a midfielder, can pass and can shoot better than most players.

Milner is 34 years old, quite short in stature, technically good on the ball but nothing special, can pass fairly well and is hit and miss with his shooting.

And yet Milner is winning more prestigious silverware and is contributing far more to his team than Pogba is. The key difference is mentality, Team Ethic, desire to win and professional discipline. There is no chance you are going to outwork Milner. With Pogba, the difference is he believes in his own hype so much that he reckons he's so good that he doesn't have to work. Hence why he IS outworked more often than not.

If you put Milner's brain in Pogba's body you'd probably have the best midfielder in the world. I guess the best midfielder in the world will have to just put up with having the same Brain and body until whenever Milner decides to lace up his boots anyways laugh laugh

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By ghostgoal
He has all the physical attributes and technical ability to be one of the best players in the world. He has a dogshit mentality though. He doesnt put enough of a shift in, which is fine in the french and italian league. Not in the prem though. Too many times he looks around when they go behind as though he's 'too good' for this team, or its everyone else's fault but his. It's exactly the wrong mentality to have.

Look at suarez. All the talent and ability in the world and an insatiable drive to win. He was surrounded by mediocrity barring a couple of players. Never stopped him from leading by example. That's the difference between a very good player and a world class player.

Lets compare Pogba to Milner seeing as they take up similiar areas of the pitch. You'd think we were looking at two completely different species on first glance. Pogba is clearly a genetically gifted athlete with his physical Peak age coming up. Technically brilliant on the ball. Tall, strong, decent pace for a midfielder, can pass and can shoot better than most players.

Milner is 34 years old, quite short in stature, technically good on the ball but nothing special, can pass fairly well and is hit and miss with his shooting.

And yet Milner is winning more prestigious silverware and is contributing far more to his team than Pogba is. The key difference is mentality, Team Ethic, desire to win and professional discipline. There is no chance you are going to outwork Milner. With Pogba, the difference is he believes in his own hype so much that he reckons he's so good that he doesn't have to work. Hence why he IS outworked more often than not.

If you put Milner's brain in Pogba's body you'd probably have the best midfielder in the world. I guess the best midfielder in the world will have to just put up with having the same Brain and body until whenever Milner decides to lace up his boots anyways laugh laugh

That really isn’t true though. I mean, the world cup and the cl are a bit of a tossup in terms of prestige. But most would agree the world cup is the most prestigious trophy in football, and Pogba won that while Milner’s international career was really nothing special.

Actually, Pogba has won more Silverware at United in one season fewer. I would probably rather have the one cl than a Europa, league and an Fa cup, but as a player the world cup is worth more than the lot, probably. Their trophy hauls at City and Juve are pretty comparable. Does that mean he’s better? Not really but they do different things. Milner runs around more, but Pogba has more offensive output. He’s not as versatile or as selfless as Milner. I don’t know how stats became a dirty word, but without some evidence we’re just speaking in generalizations. You can’t tell me goals and assists are not important because Milner runs around more. You can’t win if you can’t score, and scoring a goal is one of the hardest things to do in football.

I love what Milner brings to our team. He’s a leader, he’s selfless, and he can fill in at multiple positions, which is super valuable. But he can’t do the cam role the way pogba can. They’re different players.

When United play well, Pogba looks a monster. Scores and creates at will, dribbles, slices open the defense with a pass. Problem is, United have looked terrible more often than not last season. Mourinho had a fight with him and wanted to play him out of position, and none of the players were with him. Blaming all that on pogba is simplistic. I hope they sell him, because he’s comfortably their best player.

Last edited by redordead13; 16/06/19 10:57 AM.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Pogba's latest statement sums him up for me, coming out and talking about moves and how it might be time to move on, when his club is struggling under a new manager, trying to bring players in to improve the team and prepare for the new season.

It's all about him, he undoubtedly has the ability but his attitude sucks, stats can be said about how good he is with goals and assists, but being a team player is more important, that for me is where players like Milner will always beat him:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48652521

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Reading this thread, where we compare Pogba and Milner raises for me the small matter of their being close to a decade in age between them, that's like an eternity in football. Says a lot for Milner.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion