Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#622569 05/06/19 10:36 PM
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
What can I say…

It’s been one hell of a ride at this beautiful club. We were together for 7 seasons and took a lil break in between.

We had a lot of high and lows together but through it all remained together knowing that one day we’d have to break up. That time is now…..

I wanna say to the fans I love y’all. You made me feel so welcome and embraced me with open arms. The Sturridge dance became famous at Anfield and I’ll never forget the first time I did it in front of the Kop.

To my team mates old and new thank you for the memories the banter was unreal. You all played a part in making me the man I am today. This isn’t a good bye cause Lord knows we’ll stay in touch no matter where I am so speak soon. To the current group of players just letting you know that Sturr crazy sauces will still be available next season so don’t stress yourselves out the lucky sauce will be back ??

To the coaching staff thank you for everything pushing me to my limits in every aspect to become the best I can be that goes for both old and new. Special shoutout to the managers Jurgen and Brendan for guiding my steps and helping me be the best I can be.

The fitness and medical department. Thank you for being on point through the lowest moments but also the highs. Your time and effort for not just me and the lads has been appreciated. I’m grateful I got to thank you all in person outside of social media. Special mention to Chris Rohrbeck for his work all season. Paul Small “Smally” you’ve been there with me from the beginning to the end and at England national team. Nothing but love and respect for you. Lastly Andy Massey you went above and beyond so thank you so much.

Kitchen staff and everyone at Melwood. Thank you for all the hours you put In Behind the scenes to make sure I was taken care of along with the players. Special Shoutout to my other mothers Caroline and Carol. You both are absolute legends! Lee and Graham thanks making life easier from boots to gear, top men!

Ray, Jane, Rachael and Louise. I’ll miss you guys just know I’m forever grateful to you for everything you did for me.

To FSG you guys have done everything in your power to ensure the club has gotten back to the top and it’s been an absolute pleasure to work with you. Special mention for Mike Gordon who was more than just one of the owners but a mentor who has given me advice in and out of football. Tom Werner you’re an absolute boss and I’m still waiting on my cameo in a movie ? , John W Henry thank you so much for being incredible with me through my tenure at Liverpool.
Lastly Mike Edwards who was a big part in recruiting me to the club. Had some great banter with you over the years ?

I’m so happy I was a part of the clubs 6th champions league win because all the fans have deserved it for all the support they’ve given me and club during my tenure.
I wish you all the best in the future and more success for the club.
Like I’ve always said it’s #redordead
Thank you for the memories.

Much love
Daniel Sturridge

Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
What a great lad. Respect

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
One of the deadliest strikers I've seen, shame injuries tarnished his career.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Classy send off... but this should have happened a few years ago and not in the last burning embers of his contract!

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
I'm gutted his career went the opposite way to Sterling and Suarez.

He deserves so much more. Hope he gets a decent move.

He's made enough money maybe somewhere like the US would be easier on his knees

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By Pickles
Classy send off... but this should have happened a few years ago and not in the last burning embers of his contract!

He still came up with some key goals this year. The ones against PSG and Chelsea were really important.

One of the most naturally talented strikers I have ever seen. Shame injuries prevented him from utilizing it. He could have been truly great. Fond memories of him and his dances though.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Wasn’t he just a lazy waster who faked injuries so he could go on the gram whistle

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Each goal he scored must have cost us in the region of 500k apiece! I am over the moon he has left, he took up the space of somebody who could have contributed far more. It's no secret he was as fragile as a crisp and many players have stated that he was never one to play through even the lowest form of threshold pain barrier for the greater cause!

He's somebody else's problem soon...

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Not his fault he seemed to be made of glass. This cuts both ways of course. He made a fortune out of the game which nobody denied was rightfully his when he was banging in the goals and these injuries could happen to anyone.

But this is the thing about contracts and talent. If you have fantastic talent your club will want to secure your services or you have freedom of contract and you and your Agents can negotiate for the moon and stars. Agents and Bosman, everything wrong about what our game today has been built on.

His departure is later than most would have liked at the club I am sure but he scored some great and important goals. We missed an in form Daniel Sturridge as did England.

I hope he gets to play somewhere regularly soon.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Reading that, I'd think it was his body that let him down. His heart and spirit looks to be in fine fettle though. I wish him well, and I hope he finds a club to his liking and does well for a few years more. He was a big part of the 13/14 side that came close to winning us the title.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion