KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Even if they have cl they will still dominate the league as they have 2 squads so it doesn't make a difference.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Man City referred to Uefa financial body

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48292248

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
...and yet closer to home not a peep out of The FA or The Premier League...have any Exec's at FA or PL been spending like they've won the lottery recently?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
...and yet closer to home not a peep out of The FA or The Premier League...have any Exec's at FA or PL been spending like they've won the lottery recently?

Rules are different but maybe they will investigate

R
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
R
Maybe the FA will wait - this way they allow UEFA to investigate charge etc... Half the FA investigation will then be complete to press ahead if there is anything to investigate..

Another thought is that UEFA maybe classed as the senior football body, thus FA cannot action until Uefa completed their stuff.

Rafa B,
Freeman of the land,
UKColoumn news,Russia today news.
Getoutofdebtfree.co.uk
YNWA....
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By RafaB
Maybe the FA will wait - this way they allow UEFA to investigate charge etc... Half the FA investigation will then be complete to press ahead if there is anything to investigate..

Another thought is that UEFA maybe classed as the senior football body, thus FA cannot action until Uefa completed their stuff.

No, if a team breaches FA rules then nobody has to wait for the UEFA

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By TiredReds

But if the findings have been passed to UEFA by the German press and not to our FA then our FA is not going to blow a wad of money on a half baked case. I would imagine our FA would be an interested party in proceedings and will step in If it is found that City have broken their rules also.

As City represent our country I think that UEFA would take a dim view of things if our FA did not also punish City if found guilty. UEFA would certainly be gunning for our FA if it were found that they were compliant in any improper conduct by its own member clubs.

City keep saying they have done nothing wrong. I think they will have the book thrown at them if guilty. Barcelona, Juventus, Chelsea, Glasgow Rangers all big clubs found guilty and severe action taken against them. City already been in the dock once and fined £49m. They also had their squad numbers reduced for CL.
You can't keep breaking rules and expect to get away with it.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By SSO

But if the findings have been passed to UEFA by the German press and not to our FA then our FA is not going to blow a wad of money on a half baked case. I would imagine our FA would be an interested party in proceedings and will step in If it is found that City have broken their rules also.

As City represent our country I think that UEFA would take a dim view of things if our FA did not also punish City if found guilty. UEFA would certainly be gunning for our FA if it were found that they were compliant in any improper conduct by its own member clubs.

City keep saying they have done nothing wrong. I think they will have the book thrown at them if guilty. Barcelona, Juventus, Chelsea, Glasgow Rangers all big clubs found guilty and severe action taken against them. City already been in the dock once and fined £49m. They also had their squad numbers reduced for CL.

Indeed, but it depends if rules are the same. I know for sure that the allowed loss is higher in the EPL compared to UEFA, don't know if sponsorship deals have to be 'genuine (true reflection of the market)' as well. Chelsea never got problems when Abramovic was bailing them out with close to 1 billion of his own money.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By SSO

Indeed, but it depends if rules are the same. I know for sure that the allowed loss is higher in the EPL compared to UEFA, don't know if sponsorship deals have to be 'genuine (true reflection of the market)' as well. Chelsea never got problems when Abramovic was bailing them out with close to 1 billion of his own money.

FFP came in around 2009, so that was after Abramovic came into Chelsea and pumped huge amounts in initially, raising them from a mid table team to PL champions, in the last few years Abramovic has not been making the big buys they used to, also the TV revenues went up, so the other Top 4 clubs could compete with them, Chelsea now generate a large amount by buying young players, developing them and selling on.

I don't think what Abramovic did in the mid 2000's could be done now, that's the argument against FFP, it keeps the big teams big and the small teams small, as without a large benefactor, it is virtually impossible to bridge the gap to become a big club and challenge the top 4.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

FFP came in around 2009, so that was after Abramovic came into Chelsea and pumped huge amounts in initially, raising them from a mid table team to PL champions, in the last few years Abramovic has not been making the big buys they used to, also the TV revenues went up, so the other Top 4 clubs could compete with them, Chelsea now generate a large amount by buying young players, developing them and selling on.

I don't think what Abramovic did in the mid 2000's could be done now, that's the argument against FFP, it keeps the big teams big and the small teams small, as without a large benefactor, it is virtually impossible to bridge the gap to become a big club and challenge the top 4.

Agree, this is what I said in the other thread

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion