24/04/19 - Man Utd v Man City
Last Year - Man Utd 1 v 2 Man City

28/04/19 - Burnley v Man City
Last Year - Burnley 1 v 1 Man City

04/05/19 - Man City v Leicester
Last Year - Man City 5 v 1 Leicester

12/05/19 - Brighton v Man City
Last Year - Brighton 0 v 2 Man City

Sandwiched between these fixtures are the CL Quarter Final 2nd legs with Liverpool having a fairly comfortable trip to Portugal with a 2nil lead and City trying to overturn a 1 nil deficit at The Etihaad.
If both manage to overcome their CL opponents then there'll be a 2 leg CL Semi Final to be played 30th April/ 1st May & 7th/8th May.

With both Liverpool and City having to play teams involved a relegation dogfight amongst their respective run-ins, it's fair to say teams currently 7 or more points above that last relegation place currently held by Cardiff are probably safe, so Newcastle and above. There's also quite a few clubs with nothing now to play for and who are now thinking about the beach.

Without doubt this is turning into the most exciting PL season in it's 27 year existence and we have just on a month of it left to run with plenty of twists and turns still ahead.

Come on you Redmen!!!

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Looking for pointers and where City may struggle:

Next up for them is Palace who beat them at The Etihaad earlier in the season and City have only collected 1 point in their last 2 games v Palace.

28/04/19 Away to Burnley - Burnley have turned a corner recently in all just about confirming their PL survival. If Dyche can keep them focused and their minds from straying to the beach then I can see this being a thorn in the side game for City, who if they overcome Spurs to get to The CL Semi Final will have Ajax or most likely Juventus just 2 or 3 days later. With City's Owners craving the CL I can see Pep ringing the changes for Burnley and in turn underestimating them.

There's my main 2 dark horse games for City where I can see them come unstuck but a case can be made for any of their games left.

Poch's Spurs overcoming them last night without The FA's Goldenchild on the pitch could be another banana skin.

Away at their Derby rivals Utd who won't want Fergie to be upstaged with any mention of a quadruple.

The New Adventures of Brendan's Leicester who are making 7th place their own with a 4 game winning streak.

Then last but not least the excellence of Chris Houghton's defence nous away at Brighton.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Plenty of places to slip up for both sides. City have a few more tricky fixtures and more fixtures period, but they have a superior squad. It will really go down to the wire. I hope Roy and Brendan give it to them. Send them a medal if they do, along with Rafa.

V
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
V
I will be more confident if our front 3 wasn't so inconsistent.

O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
Glad Rafa canīt get relegated as we need to beat Newcastle away.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion