paul66 #620467 09/04/19 01:39 PM
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By paul66
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
I’ve been expecting us to win most of the season. We’ve only lost once to City so why would we not expect to win? Even in our slump after Christmas we weren’t losing and that’s despite having no Buvac and Achterberg ruining Allison.

We might not win the title despite this as City are a phenomenal team but we’re back where we should be. Right up there challenging.

Indeed, however, I hope not beating Leicester at home won't come to haunt us.

I thought at the time if we had of won that game we would have won the league. It would have been a big blow to city. Anyway fck it. Last night was great and I get what the OP is saying. Just give it everything if we don't win then we gave our all.

From a financial point of view city need to be stopped. It is going to be hard for anyone to win the league with them cheating the rules

Agreed, a draw in that game would have been so influential. For me that too is the moment we lost our momentum.

Flames #620468 09/04/19 02:01 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Beat Chelsea on Sunday and the pressure ramps back up again on City. I think we'll blow Chelsea away on Sunday, I'm expecting a bit of a rout because they will be tired after travelling to Prague, who hopefully get stuck into them.

My main concern is the GD, if we can whittle that down and make it as insignificant as possible within the next 3 games - Chelsea, Cardiff away & Huddersfield, we can really psychologically hurt City. They have Palace away, Spurs & Utd away for their next 3 games and there is no way they win all 3 of those games.

-7 difference can be turned around quick fast!

Flames #620488 09/04/19 11:34 PM
R
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
R
We now have a side that has been in Europe at the top the last two seasons, 2 Euro cup finals, another Quarter final..... a great premier season so far, 1 lost game....in the league..

We are almost home, as a top side in all comps...

Win one of the 2 trophies left (praying for 2), we will be back dining at the top table as a fact....

Guy's, I really believe we are on the cusp of an awesome side winning what it deserves, the losses of the Cup finals may well have been what the squad needed to stay with it to the very end....

Rafa B,
Freeman of the land,
UKColoumn news,Russia today news.
Getoutofdebtfree.co.uk
YNWA....
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Beat Chelsea on Sunday and the pressure ramps back up again on City. I think we'll blow Chelsea away on Sunday, I'm expecting a bit of a rout because they will be tired after travelling to Prague, who hopefully get stuck into them.

My main concern is the GD, if we can whittle that down and make it as insignificant as possible within the next 3 games - Chelsea, Cardiff away & Huddersfield, we can really psychologically hurt City. They have Palace away, Spurs & Utd away for their next 3 games and there is no way they win all 3 of those games.

They are playing Spurs at home, not away

V
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
V
Originally Posted By TiredReds

They are playing Spurs at home, not away

But they haven't been as prolific at home either, so anything can happen.

Flames #620493 10/04/19 10:17 AM
O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
Spurs need every point in the fight for top 4 place. So do Utd. and Chelsea. If we beat Chelsea we are on the brink of something great.

Flames #620494 10/04/19 12:25 PM
V
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
V
Interesting comments from Spurs supporters from last nights game. They reckon Spurs played better without Kane.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By Vicdamone
Interesting comments from Spurs supporters from last nights game. They reckon Spurs played better without Kane.

They play faster, which helps against City. I don't know about better, but he does slow things down at times. Moura, Son, and Alli up top are more likely to move City's cbs around and create problems.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A

I don't think GD will come into it unless we draw a game and City lose one. Realistically if we draw a game City have to slip up twice.

Although -7 can be turned around quickly we have just 5 games left. We would have to absolutely smash 2 teams to bits which we have not been doing lately.

I see us having to win all 5 and I see City slipping just the once especially if Spurs turf them out of CL as that will be 2 big games that they don't have left play.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion