Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Pickles
The 12 Premier League Clubs are effectively tellingThe Premier League to put a block on ALL Man City Transfer activity until a full and thorough investigation is conducted and concluded. I'm certain we are one of those 12 clubs because it rankles with John Henry and Tom Werner that they purchased us at a time it was promised FFP was going to level the playing field.

Yeah, I'm sure FSG want FFP enforced as you say, with our World Wide following and marketing potential, FSG thought would be one of the big players in Europe again if the likes of Man City & Chelsea cannot spend like they had been.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
City are not a BIG club, they're certainly smaller in fanbase than Chelsea who've just had their ban upheld for a much lesser charge by FIFA!

As this rumbles on more and more PL Clubs will be onboard with the 12 clubs...we could see clubs overseas also getting involved voicing their concerns to UEFA and FIFA.

C
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
C
The whole process of loaning-out players should be banned in my opinion. That would go a long way to solving this problem.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
City are not a BIG club, they're certainly smaller in fanbase than Chelsea who've just had their ban upheld for a much lesser charge by FIFA!

As this rumbles on more and more PL Clubs will be onboard with the 12 clubs...we could see clubs overseas also getting involved voicing their concerns to UEFA and FIFA.

Of course City are a big club, they have probably the best squad ever created in the PL and resources to build more, they have won lots of trophies recently, they have a hardcore fan base going back along time when they were not successful.

I live in Manchester and know a few Man City supporters, they support their team in good times and bad, when they were in division 3 and playing at Maine road.

They do not have the world wide fan base we have, but every year that grows as they win more trophies and bring the top players in from all over the world, similar to how Chelsea grew in the last 15 years. I travel quite abit and you see City shirts all over the world now, 10 years ago you hardly saw any outside Manchester.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By chesterville
The whole process of loaning-out players should be banned in my opinion. That would go a long way to solving this problem.

The money in football is so big now, paying an agent or family a couple of £100,000's is nothing to guarantee bringing in the best players, look at Sancho, they sold him for about £8 million to Dortmund as he wanted to go, now they are talking £100 million! Chelsea have a whole industry flipping players.

We were banned from signing academy players a few years ago after we tapped up a kid from Stokes youth academy, we were lucky not to get a full transfer ban, allot of clubs are doing similar I bet.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

Of course City are a big club, they have probably the best squad ever created in the PL and resources to build more, they have won lots of trophies recently, they have a hardcore fan base going back along time when they were not successful.

I live in Manchester and know a few Man City supporters, they support their team in good times and bad, when they were in division 3 and playing at Maine road.

They do not have the world wide fan base we have, but every year that grows as they win more trophies and bring the top players in from all over the world, similar to how Chelsea grew in the last 15 years. I travel quite abit and you see City shirts all over the world now, 10 years ago you hardly saw any outside Manchester.

You are right, Chelsea sell more shirt than us now and City will get there soon while we keep on building

WNP Offline
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A 10 point deduction would be a nice way to punish them!

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By WNP

If we win the PL, I would prefer we do it on the patch, if City were docked points it wouldn't feel like we earned it.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By WNP

If we win the PL, I would prefer we do it on the patch, if City were docked points it wouldn't feel like we earned it.

I don't know What they did exactly, but if it helped them winning the league then I would have no qualms about them getting points deducted.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By WNP

I don't know What they did exactly, but if it helped them winning the league then I would have no qualms about them getting points deducted.

Yeah, I guess so, I think the main headline I have seen is that their sponsorship deals were artificially inflated deals and Sheikh Mansour owned companies sponsoring City and buying image the rites.

The funny thing is all the details are in emails that were hacked, explaining it all:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal...s-a4087061.html

so it's not like they can say its hearsay or misunderstandings.

No doubt La Liga will be wading in with their opinions, as they have been hugely critical of Man City and feel threatened.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion