Salah
Firmino
Mane

Come out fast and get the job done early

C
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
C
If we are sheepish again, we could get a win regardless. But we wont win the league if Klopp continues with his tame stodgy tactics. Come on Jurgen, we have to turn on the power-play for the rest of the season.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
It's never over 'till it's over. Yes, looking at it on paper us fans have all the easy answers. But I'm sure there are other factors in play in the real world of it all that we fans just don't see or feel.

For example, coming out fast an getting the job done early is ideal. But if that doesn't happen why do the fans get tetchy? Especially those in the stadium - this can have a negative effect on the team.

Burnley should be a much tougher test for us than Watford were for them yesterday, and they went in 0-0 at half time. So if things don't get finished early, there's no need for the fans to panic and the players will hopefully carry on to execute plans in a composed, professional manner. That's what top teams do.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
It's never over 'till it's over. Yes, looking at it on paper us fans have all the easy answers. But I'm sure there are other factors in play in the real world of it all that we fans just don't see or feel.

For example, coming out fast an getting the job done early is ideal. But if that doesn't happen why do the fans get tetchy? Especially those in the stadium - this can have a negative effect on the team.

Burnley should be a much tougher test for us than Watford were for them yesterday, and they went in 0-0 at half time. So if things don't get finished early, there's no need for the fans to panic and the players will hopefully carry on to execute plans in a composed, professional manner. That's what top teams do.

You know that shitte ain’t going to wash even if we win.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC

You know that shitte ain’t going to wash even if we win.

I am sure it will...If we win the league

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Must win. Discuss.

The overall situation is decidedly 'Grim'

WNP #619417 10/03/19 10:25 AM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By WNP
If we don’t win here it’s all over.

Allison
TAA
Matip
VVD
Robertson

Wij
Fabinho
Keita

Salah
Firmino
Mane

Come out fast and get the job done early

I agree with this lineup WNP...9 games to go Klopp needs to stop trying to put square pegs in round holes. Origi, Sturridge and Lallana give us nothing, keep them away from the pitch unless we are at least 3 or 4 goals to the good.

It's time to let the shackles off and get back to full on gengenpressing, when not in possession of the ball swarm in numbers, something we were so good at last season. Klopp needs to allow our backline to defend when needed and not rely on our midfield to act as another line of defence, it has blunted our attack this season.

We don't want to end the season with "what if's"? I want to say they gave it their all, even if we still fall short.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Must win. Discuss.

The overall situation is decidedly 'Grim'

hmmm. Not really. It's close, it's tense, it could become grim but not quite there yet.

A thumping result would be great pointswise and psychlogically. I think after today we enter a period wher we have the opportunity to move ahead to make sure City will play games in hand under pressure.

A win of any kind will be fine for now as well. It may not boos our confidnece so much, but it will keep us breathing down City's neck.

In any competition where top side are competetive the situation is going to close and go down to the wire. We shouldn't lose our nerve or composure just because it's close even if we are the ones slighty behind.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Will be interesting to see if old Kloppo has all his eggs in the Burnley basket, or if he will put some in the Bayern München basket aswell.

Wouldn't surprise me if he rested Hendo, Fab, Wij and Firmino today, to keep them fresh for next game on Wednesday.

If so, we will probably see Milner, Lallana and Keita in midfield today. And up top Salah, Mané and Shaq.

Hope he doesn't even consider Storage, Lallan and Origi for either game though.

Last edited by van Gogh; 10/03/19 10:40 AM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion