Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Time to put a 500m release clause in his contract.

Him and Alisson, I'd have huge problems with accepting them leaving the club any time soon and I think a lot of fans would feel the same.

For FSG to even contemplate selling would be a huge smack in the face to the fans, it would also open the door for every other top player we have to move on.

Collymore does like to controversially wind Liverpool and it's fans up from time to time, to help him be relevant.

How's Ulrika Jonsson these days? if the #mettoo movement was around earlier Collymore would have never got the chance to say this tosh!

I don't think the club will dare selling VVD, but if he wants to leave, he will.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By TiredReds

If I was Pep, this is what I would do, but can't see the club selling him as long as he doesn't force the exit himself. If we don't win trophies soon and he feels he has the opportunity elsewhere, he would try to move. However, I think he will give us until summer 2020 to win something of importance, like the league or CL. Big players want to win things and if they have better options, they will move as most of us looking to improve our careers. We've seen this a number of times.

perfect sense.

Luis Garcia, He drinks sangria
He came from Barca, to bring us Joy
He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
please don't take my Luis away.

"...AND 32 MILLION POUNDS WORTH OF GOALKEEPER CAN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT"
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I'd move if we don't win something. If you are a top tier player you move away from the moneyball format because you're better than it. Liverpool have become somewhat of a feeder club as a result of this system. It only benefits the owners and the players that progress. For the lallana's of this world, its the only hope of a major title. For fans its like dressing for the ball in a thrift shop. fun at first, but after a while....

Luis Garcia, He drinks sangria
He came from Barca, to bring us Joy
He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
please don't take my Luis away.

"...AND 32 MILLION POUNDS WORTH OF GOALKEEPER CAN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT"
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
I wouldn't be surprised if Salah starts creating a few waves in the near to medium future, that smile looks a bit forced of late. van Dyke and Alisson booth seem well grounded individuals, but yes no doubt ' winning things' is important, if we want to keep our best.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By Flames
I'd move if we don't win something. If you are a top tier player you move away from the moneyball format because you're better than it. Liverpool have become somewhat of a feeder club as a result of this system. It only benefits the owners and the players that progress. For the lallana's of this world, its the only hope of a major title. For fans its like dressing for the ball in a thrift shop. fun at first, but after a while....

So true, as any Southampton fan would testify.

Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
Cheers for that Stan, poke the hornets nest why don't ya. I think VVD has a bit more class than that, but you need t win things to keep yer best players.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
VvD chose Liverpool over City when City had won and were going to win loads, he fancied the challenge of the under dog and Klopp's plan, abit like when Shearer went to Blackburn rather than Utd, so I don't see him wanting to leave a for a while, whatever we do/not won.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
VvD chose Liverpool over City when City had won and were going to win loads, he fancied the challenge of the under dog and Klopp's plan, abit like when Shearer went to Blackburn rather than Utd, so I don't see him wanting to leave a for a while, whatever we do/not won.

Did City bid for him, or we paid the asking price before they did so?

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

Did City bid for him, or we paid the asking price before they did so?

The way reporters spoke of it at the time, Liverpool, City & Chelsea wanted him, but he chose Liverpool, so no other bids were made, if he would have chosen Chelsea or City, they would have bid and got him, it was a release clause really, but only we bid as he made it clear he wanted to join Liverpool, so City said he was overpriced etc to make them look better.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
If he wanted to go anywhere else he would’ve done it after Southampton spat their dummy. The fact he didn’t and no one tried speaks volumes of what he wanted.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion