Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
If he wanted to go anywhere else he would’ve done it after Southampton spat their dummy. The fact he didn’t and no one tried speaks volumes of what he wanted.

Maybe it's because he was tapped as Klopp spoke and convinced him not really according to the rules. Anyway, we paid the asking price even before the window opened, others were thinking he was too expensive. I think City's most expensive player is De Bruyne for 55m, so going to 75m for 1 player might have given them second thoughts.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By TiredReds
If he wanted to go anywhere else he would’ve done it after Southampton spat their dummy. The fact he didn’t and no one tried speaks volumes of what he wanted.

Maybe it's because he was tapped as Klopp spoke and convinced him not really according to the rules. Anyway, we paid the asking price even before the window opened, others were thinking he was too expensive. I think City's most expensive player is De Bruyne for 55m, so going to 75m for 1 player might have given them second thoughts.

I think Mahrez is their most expensive player now at £65 million.

I have no doubt if VvD wanted to join City, they would have paid the £75 million we paid.

At the end of the day, he's been a great buy, he has made us a much better team and if we sold him tomorrow, I expect he would break the transfer record and easily double our money.

No doubt, we did tap him up, as much as the top clubs tap up the top players.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Yes we saw a few weeks back both Mané and Keïta trying to tap up Timo Werner, so it's more or less common practice these days!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

I have no doubt if VvD wanted to join City, they would have paid the £75 million we paid.

At the end of the day, he's been a great buy, he has made us a much better team and if we sold him tomorrow, I expect he would break the transfer record and easily double our money.

I think everybody was surprised how good VVD has proved to be. Spending that much on a defender is not common practice.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

I think everybody was surprised how good VVD has proved to be. Spending that much on a defender is not common practice.

You can see why Klopp was so adamant he wanted him and wouldn't settle for alternatives, he is much better than I expected and has transformed our defence.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion