Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 62 1 2 3 4 5 61 62
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
If democracy and social cohesion falls in Britain more jobs will be lost than any no deal brexit. Without a stable environment business cannot prosper. Rather than running the country governments will concentrate on maintaining order. Look at France if you doubt me

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
And if there is to be another referendum leaving aside the political and social turmoil it would take minimum a year to hold it (assuming they can agree the questions) what will that do to business ? They are screaming about uncertainty now how will they cope with another 15 months or more ?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
And if there is to be another referendum leaving aside the political and social turmoil it would take minimum a year to hold it (assuming they can agree the questions) what will that do to business ? They are screaming about uncertainty now how will they cope with another 15 months or more ?

I think business will expect remain winning and things will pick up quickly. In fact the GBP shot up immediately as it became clear no-deal was out of the way. I still don't understand the joy of shooting yourself in the foot.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TiredReds

I think business will expect remain winning and things will pick up quickly. In fact the GBP shot up immediately as it became clear no-deal was out of the way. I still don't understand the joy of shooting yourself in the foot.

Remain will win because it will be rigged and leaving the EU will not be on the ballot paper from what they are talking about. Shooting yourself in the foot is your opinion and you are not even a British citizen and eligible to have a vote. It's fine you having an opinion but that's all it is it's like me telling the Mauritian people they voted for the wrong political party. The British people voted to leave in the biggest vote turn out in history if that's not respected then the consequences will be incalculable.

R
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
R
PPL, there is no democracy in the UK......

We have a Monarchy...........!!! See the topic in this forum our votes mean NOTHING..

Did we have the option of coalition Gov's in the last 2 general elections - NO yet we had two as stated...

Brexit - No one voted for what is really happening - a renegotiation with the EU, we have already signed our armed forces over to the Unified EU military force (Franco British agreement), also signed commercial agreement with Germany.. ALL whilst we had allegedly been negotiating to leave....

NO MP or PM Oath ever mentions the PEOPLE...

Rafa B,
Freeman of the land,
UKColoumn news,Russia today news.
Getoutofdebtfree.co.uk
YNWA....
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TiredReds

Remain will win because it will be rigged and leaving the EU will not be on the ballot paper from what they are talking about. Shooting yourself in the foot is your opinion and you are not even a British citizen and eligible to have a vote. It's fine you having an opinion but that's all it is it's like me telling the Mauritian people they voted for the wrong political party. The British people voted to leave in the biggest vote turn out in history if that's not respected then the consequences will be incalculable.

Leavers should go and vote leave again, why all the drama?

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Because we should not have to keep voting until we give the answer the politicians want AND from what they are saying leave wont be on the ballot paper. Part remain or remain will be the only options.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Because we should not have to keep voting until we give the answer the politicians want AND from what they are saying leave wont be on the ballot paper. Part remain or remain will be the only options.

Exactly. It’s a farce to consider voting again. Democracy is failing here and if there is another vote, I’ll bevoting to leave this time to try and preserve what’s left of democracy in this country.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

Exactly. It’s a farce to consider voting again. Democracy is failing here and if there is another vote, I’ll bevoting to leave this time to try and preserve what’s left of democracy in this country.

I think that called biting off your nose to spite your face.

There won't be a second referendum

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Not really. It’s called not wanting to overturn a democratic vote. I didn’t like the outcome but those trying to overturn it, still, leave a very bad taste in the mouth.

And I hope you’re right. It’ll be pointless as those who don’t like the result will just try and overturn it.

Last edited by wilkij1975; 28/02/19 01:22 PM.
Page 3 of 62 1 2 3 4 5 61 62

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion