Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 62 1 2 3 4 61 62
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
He’s got a point though Shaggy. There was a democratic vote (despite what emp says) and it now seems that our politicians are trying to find a way out of it. Whether that’s good or bad I don’t know but it will make a lot of disillusioned people even more so.

And it will secure a lot of jobs that would have been lost otherwise.

Besides, Theresa has just kicked the can further down the road. A No Deal Brexit is still a real danger.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
If it goes to a 2nd vote, they are stating your vote means nothing at all and will open the door for any other elections to be redone until the establishment gets the vote results they want.

I'm done with the UK, I'm going to take my Citizenship test over here, this Brexit debacle has convinced me without a shadow of doubt that the UK is now a Banana Republic!

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Pickles
If it goes to a 2nd vote, they are stating your vote means nothing at all and will open the door for any other elections to be redone until the establishment gets the vote results they want.

I'm done with the UK, I'm going to take my Citizenship test over here, this Brexit debacle has convinced me without a shadow of doubt that the UK is now a Banana Republic!

There are toys lying all over the place in here today.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
If it's going to cost all these millions and millions and millions of jobs and more importantly some of our political class don't want brexit and think we gave the incorrect answer then the honest thing is for our politicians to cancel brexit not re-run some sham re-vote that no one will believe. I must say though leaving out the option of leaving the EU on the proposed sham re-vote was a nice touch by our masters and betters. If you are going to shaft democracy don't do it by halves I say

Ps Amazon delivered my yellow vest this morning

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
If it's going to cost all these millions and millions and millions of jobs and more importantly some of our political class don't want brexit and think we gave the incorrect answer then the honest thing is for our politicians to cancel brexit not re-run some sham re-vote that no one will believe. I must say though leaving out the option of leaving the EU on the proposed sham re-vote was a nice touch by our masters and betters. If you are going to shaft democracy don't do it by halves I say

Lots of people are shiytting in their pants I am sure.

Last edited by TiredReds; 27/02/19 04:59 PM.
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

The nearest you will get to wearing a yellow vest is if you wet yourself Stan.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
They may respect the referendum result Theresa Mays deal or some variant might get passed after some more squabbling. That's probably still the favourite

However even if it does I am done with our politicians just when you think they can't get more stupid they prove you wrong. Labour are all over the place god only knows what they stand for. The Tory rebels undermining Theresa May right at the crucial point in the negotiations are beyond parody. What where they thinking ? The EU must be laughing it's head off.

Some very big changes coming this is not just my opinion everyone is saying in remainers and leavers who I know in real life. If there are future protests in London I will be down there never done that in my life before.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
They may respect the referendum result Theresa Mays deal or some variant might get passed after some more squabbling. That's probably still the favourite

However even if it does I am done with our politicians just when you think they can't get more stupid they prove you wrong. Labour are all over the place god only knows what they stand for. The Tory rebels undermining Theresa May right at the crucial point in the negotiations are beyond parody. What where they thinking ? The EU must be laughing it's head off.

Some very big changes coming this is not just my opinion everyone is saying in remainers and leavers who I know in real life. If there are future protests in London I will be down there never done that in my life before.

It's good you go as the remainers protesting have been bigger in numbers in London at least.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TiredReds

It's good you go as the remainers protesting have been bigger in numbers in London at least.

Bigger than what ?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
He’s got a point though Shaggy. There was a democratic vote (despite what emp says) and it now seems that our politicians are trying to find a way out of it. Whether that’s good or bad I don’t know but it will make a lot of disillusioned people even more so.

And it will secure a lot of jobs that would have been lost otherwise.

Besides, Theresa has just kicked the can further down the road. A No Deal Brexit is still a real danger.

Is it what’s best for democracy though?

Page 2 of 62 1 2 3 4 61 62

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion