Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By chesterville
Matip is looking good at the back. Milner can play right back in the short term. I am concerned that our front three are bound to pick up some knocks with the icy conditions and Champions League games in the mix. I dont see Shaq as a stand-in forward either as he seems to be cruising lately.
We still need a genuine hit-man up front.

Too late now, we'll how lucky we are with injuries, but if we are not, can't see the likes of Lallana, Sturridge and Origi doing much.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Lovren has apparently pulled the same hamstring again, which now leaves us with only 2 fit senior cb's.

Gomez seems to be healing slow aswell.

So we better pray for no more injuries in that department now.

And before the first Bayern game on 19 feb one more player better be back or we'll only have Matip ready for that game.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Makes the Clyne pick for the Man Utd game all the more bizarre then...and I'm certain if Clyne hadn't gone to Bournemouth he'd have started @RB v Leicester.

Didn’t you say one time about a hushed up drug ban? Something wasn’t right with Clyne and Klopp that’s for sure.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Matip is looking good at the back. Milner can play right back in the short term. I am concerned that our front three are bound to pick up some knocks with the icy conditions and Champions League games in the mix. I dont see Shaq as a stand-in forward either as he seems to be cruising lately.

Shaqueri started quite well when he came in and I had to revise my opinion of him, however he hasn't impressed me in his last couple of games. I hope he tucks in, Bucks up, and doesn't make me revert to my original views. Anyway it's difficult to understand why we haven't tried to strengthen in the recent window, it could well come back to bite us. Our growing injury list is worrying.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58

Shaqueri started quite well when he came in and I had to revise my opinion of him, however he hasn't impressed me in his last couple of games. I hope he tucks in, Bucks up, and doesn't make me revert to my original views. Anyway it's difficult to understand why we haven't tried to strengthen in the recent window, it could well come back to bite us. Our growing injury list is worrying.

I think Shaq is one of them impact players who looks better coming off the bench late in games and runs a tired defence ragged, abit like he did against Utd, rather than starting where he tends to struggle to get involved and to close down effectively.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By Pickles
Makes the Clyne pick for the Man Utd game all the more bizarre then...and I'm certain if Clyne hadn't gone to Bournemouth he'd have started @RB v Leicester.

Didn’t you say one time about a hushed up drug ban? Something wasn’t right with Clyne and Klopp that’s for sure.

I heard similar rumours.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Yes there were mutterings he failed an "in-house" drug test.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
The fact that we played Clyne against United (and he was outstanding defensively) negates any issues around drugs being the reason for letting him go in January IMO. Given that Klopp knew that Gomez would likely be out for some considerable time, if not the rest of the season,as well as having TAA struggling to overcome his injury, how can anyone defend the decision to let Clyne leave? If we were considering bringing in some defensive cover then one might see a point in it, but we weren't looking for anyone! What kind of management is this in the midst of a title challenge?
I'm fully expecting West Ham to pretty much copy the Leicester approach and really run at our ramshackle defence at every breakout opportunity, and it's worrying.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Klopp out then herc? He’s obviously inept.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
The fact that we played Clyne against United (and he was outstanding defensively) negates any issues around drugs being the reason for letting him go in January IMO. Given that Klopp knew that Gomez would likely be out for some considerable time, if not the rest of the season,as well as having TAA struggling to overcome his injury, how can anyone defend the decision to let Clyne leave? If we were considering bringing in some defensive cover then one might see a point in it, but we weren't looking for anyone! What kind of management is this in the midst of a title challenge?
I'm fully expecting West Ham to pretty much copy the Leicester approach and really run at our ramshackle defence at every breakout opportunity, and it's worrying.

I think Clyne really struggled against United, he was afraid to cross the half and in Klopp's system, full backs are the real wingers.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion