KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Just looked at the weekends fixtures city have a tough game against wolves on Monday. All the more reason we must beat Brighton so city can stew on it Sunday and Monday

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
i would happily take a 1-0

C
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
C
If we have Hendo-Milly-Wij in the middle we will struggle. Time for Naby to step it up.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Henderson has a calf problem so I don't think he'll be risked from the start.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Just looked at the weekends fixtures city have a tough game against wolves on Monday. All the more reason we must beat Brighton so city can stew on it Sunday and Monday

I am 95% sure that City will beat Wolves. A seven point gap before their game will start to put a little bit more pressure on them. We play before them next week too so these are excellent opportunities to keep the heat on.

The doubters will be in full cry if we get anything less than a win v Brighton and that is a bigger problem to us than the competition.

We are 14/14 v teams outside the top 6. The next 5 games are against such teams. Keep that run going and that will give City and Spurs more problems than us irrespective of how we play.

With so many defensive injuries answering the question positively today will be worth so much more than the 3 points itself.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Chris Hughton has done a fine job down there though SSO, and they're pretty hard to beat atm. Of course we should beat them, given our strengths in comparison, but they won't hand it to us on a plate, we need to pick ourselves up and take this fixture by the scruf of the neck, else it could be a longer trip back home.

Yes he has done a good job. The CB partnership of Duffy and Dunk are probably the best duo outside of the top 6. But here is a record as a manager you wouldn't want.

May 2010 Liverpool 3 Newcastle 0
Sept 2012 Norwich 2 Liverpool 5
Jan 2013 Liverpool 5 Norwich 0
Dec 2013 Liverpool 5 Norwich 1
Dec 2017 Brighton 1 Liverpool 5
May 2018 Liverpool 4 Brighton 0
Aug 2018 Liverpool 1 Brighton 0

Aggregate 28-4

Apologies if I have missed any results out but I just remember that Hughton has an exceptionally poor record against us. Let's hope we can extend that today.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Originally Posted By *** Suso ***

I'd definitely prefer a 0-1 outcome! whistle

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By van Gogh
Originally Posted By *** Suso ***

I'd definitely prefer a 0-1 outcome! whistle
iwant to make it interesting laugh

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
City must be feeling very good at the moment, we need to go out today and absolutely crush Brighton and dampen City's current optimism. City are going to have 2 days and a few hours to have self doubt, to then come up against a Wolves side who won't be going to them, to sit back and get beaten like most sides do.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
I'm hoping for a few goals here to restore confidence and momentum, also a clean sheet would be most welcome. More injuries is an ever present concern, as these seagulls tend to swoop in at speed, especially when defending at the back. I'm hoping we can return with a nice win and all limbs intact. Still think we'll win it reasonably comfortably, but we'll have to go and win it, any complacency or untidiness will be punished. A good all round performance should return a couple of goals, and a good defensive display should return a clean sheet, I feel.

Last edited by Hercules/AF 58; 12/01/19 11:06 AM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion