Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Sectarians are one deminsional thinkers incapable of judgement and believe only in what they were told. This lead to a pointless 30 year conflict that killed thousands and ruined the lives of thousands more mainly their own country men and women. Supposedly this was for a United ireland not only did they not achieve that they put that cause back for generations. That was a stupid plan by very stupid (and evil) people.

What has that got to do with this?

"I am sure we will hear wailing about the Irish border. Let them wail, they should not have been so stupid".

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The Irish border is nonesense there is a customs border there now both countries have different tax laws. The lady leader of the DUP (an impressive politician) said yesterday it's nonsense and even when they had 20000 armed troops they still could not control the border. Arms and smuggling freely went over the border. If there is a long term deal (and I am giving up hope) I would stake my life on it being soft border whatever deal we had. A hard border was and is never going to happen it is simply a negotatiating point for the EU and facilitated by British politicians who don't want us to leave the EU. And it's working a treat.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
The Irish border is nonesense there is a customs border there now both countries have different tax laws. The lady leader of the DUP (an impressive politician) said yesterday it's nonsense and even when they had 20000 armed troops they still could not control the border. Arms and smuggling freely went over the border. If there is a long term deal (and I am giving up hope) I would stake my life on it being soft border whatever deal we had. A hard border was and is never going to happen it is simply a negotatiating point for the EU and facilitated by British politicians who don't want us to leave the EU. And it's working a treat.

Oh dear.............

Please stop, it's gone beyond embarrassing now.

You have obviously never sat at a British army border checkpoint for an hour.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
Sectarians are one deminsional thinkers incapable of judgement and believe only in what they were told. This lead to a pointless 30 year conflict that killed thousands and ruined the lives of thousands more mainly their own country men and women. Supposedly this was for a United ireland not only did they not achieve that they put that cause back for generations. That was a stupid plan by very stupid (and evil) people.

What has that got to do with this?

"I am sure we will hear wailing about the Irish border. Let them wail, they should not have been so stupid".

Any further comment on this post?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I am quite sure you have been in an army checkpoint for an hour but arms and illicit goods were still smuggled over the border. Not my opinion the leader of the DUP who I am sure knows more than me said so. Also the solidiers were probably looking for arms or known terrorists not checking customs papers, vat receipts etc. As for you dragging up comments from years / months ago completely out of context for gods sake grow up

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
I am quite sure you have been in an army checkpoint for an hour but arms and illicit goods were still smuggled over the border. Not my opinion the leader of the DUP who I am sure knows more than me said so. Also the solidiers were probably looking for arms or known terrorists not checking customs papers, vat receipts etc. As for you dragging up comments from years / months ago completely out of context for gods sake grow up

I'm not surprised you admire Arlene, here's some of her party's greatest moments below.

Tell me Stan do you think it's fair that women in N. ireland cannot avail of the same abortion services as women in the rest of the UK.

Also do you think it's fair that same sex marriage isn't allowed in N. Ireland but it is allowed in the rest of the UK.

The DUP think it's fine.

Also, surely you realise that the DUP voted against the GFA. Surely?

https://www.indy100.com/article/dup-ther...eligion-7783241

As for the comment you made, you can either be man enough to apologise or keep pretending it never happened. However copying and pasting is a very straight forward process.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Are you two still going?

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

Have a look at this Stan, do you still think Arlene is an impressive politician?

https://twitter.com/search?q=ladfleg&src=typd

Last edited by Shaggydog; 16/01/19 04:30 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I don't know anything about the lady who leads the DUP but I am not going to judge her on links from a Irish republican fanatic. I had neverheard of her and barely the DUP before the 2017 election and judging from what you and EMP said I imagined they would be swivel eyed morons. However from what I have seen of them in the last six months they seem impressive to me. Certainty they come across well. But I accept it's in relation to brexit not local issues

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
I don't know anything about the lady who leads the DUP but I am not going to judge her on links from a Irish republican fanatic. I had neverheard of her and barely the DUP before the 2017 election and judging from what you and EMP said I imagined they would be swivel eyed morons. However from what I have seen of them in the last six months they seem impressive to me. Certainty they come across well. But I accept it's in relation to brexit not local issues

You are impressed by the anti abortion, anti gay marriage DUP.

You are impressed by a woman you have just said yourself have never heard of.

You are impressed by a leader who is recorded saying in one interview there was a hard border in Ireland and in another interview there was no hard border in Ireland.

I can see you are a hard man to impress.

Look a shiny red car!

Last edited by Shaggydog; 16/01/19 05:17 PM.
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion