Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 144 of 174 1 2 142 143 144 145 146 173 174
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Vish you keep focussing on technical issues yes a slight delay can result in huge problems I realise that so I think do the politicians. But the Irish border is a political issue Theresa Mays deal and the backstop and the letters from the EU clearly imply there can be a solution. As we get to no deal the Irish prime minister (surprise surprise) said Britain could have a bi lateral deal with Ireland. So it could but why not mention that 6 months ago ? Because the EU does not want to sort it out because it's their main lever in negotiations. It will be sorted but only when the EU has either stopped brexit or wrung every concession out of Britain it can. If we had politicians across parties that act for Britain this would not happen but we don't and so this is what we get. It's also not helped that Northern Ireland has not had a government for the last two years from some squabble that escapes me.

The squabble that escapes you is the one where the DUP have the British government (meant to be an impartial arbitratior with the Irish government) by the balls.

P.S. There is also a small squabble going on in the British parliament at the moment

To be honest the EU have been quite reasonable the problem is British politicians the majority of whom don't want to deliver brexit at all. They are an utter disgrace and brexit or no brexit there is demand for change. FPTP Voting needs looking at again. Neither of our two big political parties represent the public.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Vish you keep focussing on technical issues yes a slight delay can result in huge problems I realise that so I think do the politicians. But the Irish border is a political issue Theresa Mays deal and the backstop and the letters from the EU clearly imply there can be a solution. As we get to no deal the Irish prime minister (surprise surprise) said Britain could have a bi lateral deal with Ireland. So it could but why not mention that 6 months ago ? Because the EU does not want to sort it out because it's their main lever in negotiations. It will be sorted but only when the EU has either stopped brexit or wrung every concession out of Britain it can. If we had politicians across parties that act for Britain this would not happen but we don't and so this is what we get. It's also not helped that Northern Ireland has not had a government for the last two years from some squabble that escapes me.

The squabble that escapes you is the one where the DUP have the British government (meant to be an impartial arbitratior with the Irish government) by the balls.

P.S. There is also a small squabble going on in the British parliament at the moment

To be honest the EU have been quite reasonable the problem is British politicians the majority of whom don't want to deliver brexit at all. They are an utter disgrace and brexit or no brexit there is demand for change. FPTP Voting needs looking at again. Neither of our two big political parties represent the public.

Whilst you still have FPTP nothing is going to change. Unfortunately neither of the two main parties are going to want to change it as it suits them both at the moment.

However the real danger is the rise of extremism. a lot of people on both sides of the Brexit debate are very angry.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
The EU have the upper hand mainly because some British politicians have been actively working against Britain and helping the EU or using brexit to attain power or party politics. And they make no secret of it. I would not be surprised if brexit never happens and or we are made to vote again until we give the correct answer. I cannot stress how serious this is. Britain is a safe prosperous country. What has made it so is its democracy and the people having faith in the political system and the rule of law. If that's questioned then who knows where it will lead? You are correct shaggy to say people are angry and I don't think it's started yet. I keep hoping common sense will prevail and this is just brinkmanship and in a few weeks a deal will be agreed. But I am not confident at all

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
The EU have the upper hand mainly because some British politicians have been actively working against Britain and helping the EU or using brexit to attain power or party politics. And they make no secret of it. I would not be surprised if brexit never happens and or we are made to vote again until we give the correct answer. I cannot stress how serious this is. Britain is a safe prosperous country. What has made it so is its democracy and the people having faith in the political system and the rule of law. If that's questioned then who knows where it will lead? You are correct shaggy to say people are angry and I don't think it's started yet. I keep hoping common sense will prevail and this is just brinkmanship and in a few weeks a deal will be agreed. But I am not confident at all

It is a ridiculously dangerous game for politicians to be playing

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

It's probably nonsense but I did read one thing activists could do is completely block the nations motorways by co-ordinated slow driving across the countries motorways. They could bring the country to a halt. The yellow vest campaign in France stopped macron I know Britain is more reserved than France but if stop brexit the politicians had better know what they are doing

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

It's probably nonsense but I did read one thing activists could do is completely block the nations motorways by co-ordinated slow driving across the countries motorways. They could bring the country to a halt. The yellow vest campaign in France stopped macron I know Britain is more reserved than France but if stop brexit the politicians had better know what they are doing

You don't want to be starting that carry on Stan. It gives the nutters their excuses and their justification.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
It won't be me starting anything shaggy not with my bad back. The word on the street is Yvette coopers amendment could get passed that would mean extending article 50 for nine months and it looks like no deal could be canned. In which case brexit is to all intents dead. We will know by next Tuesday. I go on a few brexit forums and people are not going to be very happy. I live in a big leave area (as is most of the north of England) and both leavers and remainers I know simply want the government to get on with what we voted for. Faith in politicians is getting to dangerously low levels no one believes they have the countries interests at heart. You only have to watch them on tv to see that. More than one MP has actually been on TV celebrating the fact x number of older people have died since 2016. When you get to that stage you are reaching the limits of public tolerance

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Difference is Brexit had divided uk people right in the middle, while in France there was a big majority not happy with increased fuel taxes and decreasing spending power. But if you think blocking everything because of brexit will make lives better, then yes, I would encourage you and your buddies to try.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
What there seems to be though vish is a majority for these w@nkers to get on and follow the democratic vote. I voted to remain and I and others I know who did so just want it done. None of us want all these politicians trying to stop it and extend it. It just creates even more uncertainty. Our politicians are playing dangerous games. The people voted to leave and that’s what we should do.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
What there seems to be though vish is a majority for these w@nkers to get on and follow the democratic vote. I voted to remain and I and others I know who did so just want it done. None of us want all these politicians trying to stop it and extend it. It just creates even more uncertainty. Our politicians are playing dangerous games. The people voted to leave and that’s what we should do.

Is anyone concerned by the amount of job losses in recent weeks?

Page 144 of 174 1 2 142 143 144 145 146 173 174

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion