Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 141 of 174 1 2 139 140 141 142 143 173 174
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
In my opinion other than we can't unilaterally exit the backstop I think the deal is a fair compromise. In my opinion it's neither good nor bad but acceptable. The results of the 2017 general election were very clear the people wanted to deliver brexit but in a way that protects against short term disruption. And that's what this deal delivers. I think May has done a decent job against all opposition from all sides most for childish party polical reasons. Mays deal is not the brexit I would choose but no deal will get what everyone wants that would be impossible. And yes I have read the deal.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Well they have to offer what the majority voted for and her deal kind of does. But it’s not the people that are the sticking point it’s all the politicians that have equally divided views on what deal we can get.

I personally don’t see any deal getting through. I don’t think any deal would have got through from anyone as there’s no clear majority of thinking on what the deal should be. It’s crazy that we’ve come to this.

I think staying in the customs union would have a very slight majority, but, Theresa Maybe doesn't seem to want that.

Is that brexit though? Most who voted out didn’t want to be in a customs union or have the free movement that’d have to accompany it.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Well they have to offer what the majority voted for and her deal kind of does. But it’s not the people that are the sticking point it’s all the politicians that have equally divided views on what deal we can get.

I personally don’t see any deal getting through. I don’t think any deal would have got through from anyone as there’s no clear majority of thinking on what the deal should be. It’s crazy that we’ve come to this.

I think staying in the customs union would have a very slight majority, but, Theresa Maybe doesn't seem to want that.

Is that brexit though? Most who voted out didn’t want to be in a customs union or have the free movement that’d have to accompany it.

Customs union doesn't have anything to do with free movement, Turkey is in the customs union.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
The problem with being in the customs union is we cannot strike independant trade deals specifically in britains interests one of the the key benefits of brexit. Plus we will be forever tied to eu rules and have no say in them. However I would take being in the customs union rather than no brexit at all which many of our MP,s are plotting by amending parliment rules amongst other undemocratic means. If they succeed I shudder to think what will happen to our social order. Liam fox over the weekend described it as astronomical implications and he is not far wrong

Last edited by Stanley Park; 21/01/19 05:51 PM.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
The problem with being in the customs union is we cannot strike independant trade deals specifically in britains interests one of the the key benefits of brexit. Plus we will be forever tied to eu rules and have no say in them. However I would take being in the customs union rather than no brexit at all which many of our MP,s are plotting by amending parliment rules amongst other undemocratic means. If they succeed I shudder to think what will happen to our social order. Liam fox over the weekend described it as astronomical implications and he is not far wrong

You'll have to choose between being in the customs union and having a hard border with the EU including ROI, I think that most people don't even understand customs union, common market, Norway EFTA, Canada ++, even, Wilkij thought customs union meant free movement a couple of posts ago. Shows that a lot of people who voted don't even understand the technicalities, I don't blame them, it not simple, I blame the person who got them to vote on such complicated technical issues. This is why I think no deal will get hard core leavers realise what it means.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

You'll have to choose between being in the customs union and having a hard border with the EU including ROI, I think that most people don't even understand customs union, common market, Norway EFTA, Canada ++, even, Wilkij thought customs union meant free movement a couple of posts ago. Shows that a lot of people who voted don't even understand the technicalities, I don't blame them, it not simple, I blame the person who got them to vote on such complicated technical issues. This is why I think no deal will get hard core leavers realise what it means.

No you dont thats nonsense

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

No you dont thats nonsense

You see, you don't understand, how is that nonsense? Why all the fuss then? Just explain how it can be otherwise? How can you not have a trade border if your trade rules are different?

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
In all the probably now hundreds of TV debates, acres of newspaper articles I have never heard that we have to be in a customs union to avoid a hard border. Furthermore the British government and the British civil service seems to be unaware of your findings Vish. Perhaps you should contact the British government without delay as they appear to be under a misapprehension

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
In all the probably now hundreds of TV debates, acres of newspaper articles I have never heard that we have to be in a customs union to avoid a hard border. Furthermore the British government and the British civil service seems to be unaware of your findings Vish. Perhaps you should contact the British government without delay as they appear to be under a misapprehension

So you haven't understood, I'm sorry to say. What is the backstop according to you, it is basically staying in the customs union. I don't think you get involved a lot in international goods trade, I do, everyday. I'll give you one example, do you know that there is a trade border between the EU and Switzerland, you need paperworks done by customs clearing agents if you move any cargo across and there are random checks as well. Anyway, you don't need to believe me and I will let you believe in whatever you want, let's just keep on watching the soap. I said it would be interesting the day after the referendum, I am not disappointed, I would like more with a no deal now.

Last edited by TiredReds; 21/01/19 07:22 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I thought it was only a no deal that would mean physical borders? The backstop as I understand is to prevent a hard border for Ireland in the event that we can’t agree a trade deal within a certain period after we’ve left with a deal?

But who the fukk knows with all this ball hang?

Page 141 of 174 1 2 139 140 141 142 143 173 174

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion