Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
I think he is a product of the reality soap world of today. It's more important how you look than what you actually do.

The training video from the US was a good example of what he's like and what keeps him ticking.

It's also an interesting fact that teachers of today regularly get in trouble for putting kids straight and trying to educate them. Where the parents are is anyones guess.

The teachers give up and the end result is young adults who can't behave and think they are the best thing the world has ever seen.

Club employees who guide players into adult life would be a good thing. But as you say: Maybe the agents would protest should it happen?

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Pickles
He was well thought of when we got him, all the stats available had him in the Top 3 Goalkeepers in Germany at the time. His move to us put him on the map for his extracurricular activities, modelling and shacking up with a reality tv star...not exactly the wholesome things to be doing to become grounded and committed to becoming the next Liverpool Goalkeeper for a decade or more. His competition for that coveted slot was nonexistent and he still managed to "Mr Bean" it all up!

Do Clubs not have any guidance employees anymore or is this something that went by the wayside when Agents became more greedy?

The players and clubs have huge contracts with sponsors to promote their goods on the likes of Twitter/Facebook etc, so it must be difficult to clamp down on it. When you looks at players signing now, I've seen a few reports where players & clubs are arguing over media rites etc, which is all related I guess.

I've heard a few clubs have mobile phone bans at the training ground etc, unfortunately it's all just part of society now, we now have a generation coming through who have never known a world without tinternt/Social Media, so all realism is out the window !

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
ahhhhhhhhhh the younger entitled generation, never done anything in their lives and yet they believe the world owes them something!
Whatever was your Parents or teachers' favoured method of punishment / discipline growing up, it drummed plenty of qualities about RESPECT into us old fogies. We learned quickly that hardwork brought it's reward.

Social media and lack of discipline does have a lot to answer for.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Respect?? The only lasting impression the beatings at school left with me was a lack of respect for authority .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR5ApYxkU-U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5fts7bj-so

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By Pickles
ahhhhhhhhhh the younger entitled generation, never done anything in their lives and yet they believe the world owes them something!
Whatever was your Parents or teachers' favoured method of punishment / discipline growing up, it drummed plenty of qualities about RESPECT into us old fogies. We learned quickly that hardwork brought it's reward.

Social media and lack of discipline does have a lot to answer for.

The idea that the previous generation was somehow harder working than this one or more disciplined is hilarious to me. The siren song of the 70s and 60s was "Tune in, turn on, drop out." The counter-culture of rebellion was invented by your generation.

The baby boomers in the US and England inherited some of the strongest economies in recorded history and the best infrastructure in their recorded history. After reaping the rewards of labor of their elders they have simultaneously raised spending (though not on the infrastructure) and lowered taxes, creating trillions of debt with no plan to pay for it.

College tuition has increased tenfold, cost of living has increased 112%, and wages haven't moved since the 70s.

But sure, participation trophies and Facebook are responsible for the mess we're in.

And even if this generation didn't receive enough discipline from their parents, sure that responsibility lies with their parents? That's on the boomers.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion