Originally Posted By Shaggydog
ITV's Daniel Hewitt on the Tory Party Conference

Jeremy Hunt: Chequers is not dead.
Iain Duncan Smith: Chequers is dead.
Julian Smith: Chequers is not dead.
Marcus Fysh: Chequers is dead.
Jeremy Wright: Chequers is not dead.

Now that is a United front.

Just like labour, they’re keeping everything on the table. Apart from a new referendum. But everything is still on the table.

All a united front isn’t it?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TiredReds

It's democracy...apparently. Some people would justify any shyte.

It is democracy isn’t it? Everyone has a voice and a choice? Should we turn into a dictatorship?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

It's democracy...apparently. Some people would justify any shyte.

It is democracy isn’t it? Everyone has a voice and a choice? Should we turn into a dictatorship?

Voicing out your opposition IN PUBLIC while you are part of the same team/cabinet/party is not democracy but anarchy. You should sort your differences within your party.

No problem however when the opposition makes noise in public though, this is true democracy, something you were completely against a few days back. Are you saying that when the Tories make the noise against your PM it's democracy but not when the opposition is doing it? Looks completely biassed to me.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Not at all. I never said I was in favour of any torries doing what labour are. I also said it’s fine for labour to voice their opinions on the matter. You see, democracy. I also said that the torries trying to get a personal gain from this are dirty little cvnts the same as Corbyn and his cronies.

Last edited by wilkij1975; 01/10/18 08:52 AM.
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Not at all. I never said I was in favour of any torries doing what labour are. I also said it’s fine for labour to voice their opinions on the matter. You see, democracy. I also said that the torries trying to get a personal gain from this are dirty little cvnts the same as Corbyn and his cronies.

That's fair enough wilki, but the tories are supposed to be negotiating a Brexit deal right now.
Instead we have continued infighting and no clear idea of what it is that they are trying to achieve.
Boris's attacks on May and his refusal to rule himself out of a leadership challenge merely add fuel to the fire.
One certainty is that whatever deal they cobble together at this late stage will be worse than the deal they have at present.
Then, the negative impact post Brexit will most likely hand Corbyn the keys to No.10
The tories seem hell bent on destroying themselves but they may take the country with them before they are finished

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I agree the Tory party need to come together and agree on brexit the danger is we end up with a lunatic Marxist government in the UK then we really will have something to worry about. The mood music now seems to be deliver brexit and move on to running the country the labour conference had a lot of new ideas (albeit financially ruinous) but if the Tories are seen to be squabbling and back stabbing that could let in Corbyn and his soviet style governance. In terms of the deal my guess it's a chequers and Canada variant pitched in such a way it pacifies the hard brexiteers and allows Theresa May to claim it's the chequers deal in form. That's what I think will happen but the political wind is very definitely non brexit issues now and so expect brexit to be delivered swiftly. I still maintain in my opinion there will definitely be a deal although obviously I don't know

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
As for Mauritius they are doing everything wrong the country is a mess the government a shambles. I am an expert on Mauritius

Don't want to boast but I have read about it on sky news website

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

That's fair enough wilki, but the tories are supposed to be negotiating a Brexit deal right now.
Instead we have continued infighting and no clear idea of what it is that they are trying to achieve.
Boris's attacks on May and his refusal to rule himself out of a leadership challenge merely add fuel to the fire.
One certainty is that whatever deal they cobble together at this late stage will be worse than the deal they have at present.
Then, the negative impact post Brexit will most likely hand Corbyn the keys to No.10
The tories seem hell bent on destroying themselves but they may take the country with them before they are finished

Yeah they’re all shitte houses that’s for sure. This is the time when ALL parties should be working together and not trying to get a personal gain. I had no real respect for politicians before this and even less now.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
As for Mauritius they are doing everything wrong the country is a mess the government a shambles. I am an expert on Mauritius

You don't have sky news on your tv?

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park

You don't have sky news on your tv?

I do but the news from your country is so bad I am only able to see it online and I take my time only watching small bits at carefully planned intervals. . It would be too much to bear on TV in real time. I am an expert me !

Page 44 of 174 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 173 174

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion