Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 110 of 174 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 173 174
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
That’s just Labour playing their politics with the future of our country Vish. As I said before, whatever the deal was that came back, they were going to reject it to try and force a general election and try to gain power. Then they can get us a “better” deal that Sir Kier couldn’t tell us what would be.

They’re as big a bunch of shitte sticks as the likes of Rees Mogg and all his cronies that are playing games with all of our futures. I don’t think I’ll be voting for any of these cvnts next time around.

Exactly right labours position on brexit is whatever it takes to bring down the government. As all of you know I am a brexiteer probably a hard brexiteer. However I am also a realist the EU was never going to give us a deal the same as an EU member and I don't blame them. Any deal with the EU was always going to be a soft brexit. The choice is between Theresa Mays deal or no deal. I don't think another referendum is an option for those who wish it be very careful what you wish for Britain has always been politically stable (always) we have never seen extreme politics and I hope we never do. Personally I would be fine with no deal however the politics does not work. We also need to recognise although leave won the result was close. As a brexiteer if you had offered me Theresa Mays deal five years ago I would have snatched your hand off. If I was an MP i would (with a heavy heart) vote for it.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Maybe the public should have their say on the deal? I’m not for another in or out referendum but if our shitte stick politicians can’t come together for the good of the country then maybe it should be left to us? Then they can all to a man/woman fukk off and get some people in who actually want to work for us and not themselves.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Maybe the public should have their say on the deal? I’m not for another in or out referendum but if our shitte stick politicians can’t come together for the good of the country then maybe it should be left to us? Then they can all to a man/woman fukk off and get some people in who actually want to work for us and not themselves.

What TM,s deal or no deal ? We would have to delay article 50 for up to a year to put in place the legal mechanism for such a vote. A major court case today decided Britain cannot unilaterally reverse article 50 so we would need every EU state to unanimously agree to it. I very much doubt they would. I also don't believe that's the sort of technical thing that cannot be voted on by the public. Remain Politicians would also demand the option of remain was on the ballot paper. It would be complete and utter chaos and won't happen as the EU would never agree to it and I would not blame them

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park

What TM,s deal or no deal ? We would have to delay article 50 for up to a year to put in place the legal mechanism for such a vote. A major court case today decided Britain cannot unilaterally reverse article 50 so we would need every EU state to unanimously agree to it. I very much doubt they would. I also don't believe that's the sort of technical thing that cannot be voted on by the public. Remain Politicians would also demand the option of remain was on the ballot paper. It would be complete and utter chaos and won't happen as the EU would never agree to it and I would not blame them

Yep, the EU has already said that they can only revoke article 50 for a no Brexit.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Terms would be to accept this deal or not which seems to be the position we’re in. I know it would take time to put in place but as our elected politicians seem incapable of doing anything but looking after their own interests to a man and woman, why should we not decide? As I see it now, the only reason this deal won’t get done or is not good enough is political, for people to gain an advantage. That isn’t good for the country and for me isn’t politicians doing their job.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
It would take at least a year (It would probably take a year for our politicians to agree what the questions were) and the EU would not allow us to extend article 50 for that reasons. Its a point to make I suppose but an entirely theoretical one cos its not going to happen.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Terms would be to accept this deal or not which seems to be the position we’re in. I know it would take time to put in place but as our elected politicians seem incapable of doing anything but looking after their own interests to a man and woman, why should we not decide? As I see it now, the only reason this deal won’t get done or is not good enough is political, for people to gain an advantage. That isn’t good for the country and for me isn’t politicians doing their job.

May touring the country when the public doesn't have a vote, what is she trying to do? Can the public really put pressure on their MPs to vote the deal, and how would the MPs know what the majority of their voters want? Now 90 Tory MPs are against the deal so it will not go through.

I rather think May is planning a people's vote, question is will she get a majority in the commons to organise if no Brexit is not a choice? Probably a 2 rounds vote with 3 choices, her deal, no deal and no Brexit. That can be organised before the 29th of March, why not? When politicians cannot decide/agree then the only option is to go back to the people I would think. Your GBP keeps gping down in the mean time, and this time the FTSE as well apparently, double whammy for stock holders.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
It would take at least a year (It would probably take a year for our politicians to agree what the questions were) and the EU would not allow us to extend article 50 for that reasons. Its a point to make I suppose but an entirely theoretical one cos its not going to happen.

Easy, 1. Do you want May's deal
2. Do you want no deal
3. Do you want no Brexit
2 rounds if there is no absolute majority after 1st round. However, you'll have no time to plan for a no deal, anyway, already too late. Get ready

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TiredReds

2. Do you want no deal
3. Do you want no Brexit
2 rounds if there is no absolute majority after 1st round. However, you'll have no time to plan for a no deal, anyway, already too late. Get ready

Two points that could result in 34% majority for 3 and 66% spilt over the other two. The majority want to leave the EU but we stay in because a minority voted for it. The remoaners would love that. Also that might be your opinion but what about the 45 million british voters and 630 MP's who all might have x number of opinions what the vote should be. It would take us years to decide what the questions are. Its not going to happen and if it does we will still be talking about brexit in 10 years time

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TiredReds

2. Do you want no deal
3. Do you want no Brexit

Two points that could result in 34% majority for 3 and 66% spilt over the other two. The majority want to leave the EU but we stay in because a minority voted for it. The remoaners would love that. Also that might be your opinion but what about the 45 million british voters and 630 MP's who all might have x number of opinions what the vote should be. It would take us years to decide what the questions are. Its not going to happen and if it does we will still be talking about brexit in 10 years time

It can never be exactly 33% as it's not about closest decimal places on percentage but number of votes, are you saying there will be an exact number of votes?

Also, this is why I said a second round if there is no ABSOLUTE majority (above 50%) after first round. This is how most presidential elections work.

The choices are very clear, I don't know why it would be so complicated and will take years. You only have 3 choices on the table.

Page 110 of 174 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 173 174

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion