Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 115 of 174 1 2 113 114 115 116 117 173 174
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
The only referendum that could work is Mays deal or no deal. But even that would create Chaos. The 2016 referendum on the governments leaflet to every home in the UK said the government will implement what you decide. In my mind that's exactly what should happen every other option is chaos

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
The only referendum that could work is Mays deal or no deal. But even that would create Chaos. The 2016 referendum on the governments leaflet to every home in the UK said the government will implement what you decide. In my mind that's exactly what should happen every other option is chaos

But what have they decide exactly, May's deal or no deal?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TiredReds
The MP,s are getting a battering in the EU that will happen in Britain new political parties will form and they might not be very nice. Liberal democracy is crashing all over the west and it's due to the political class ignoring people. I fear for brexit at the moment and if that's denied many people will feel votes are worthless. That's very dangerous

I understand what you are saying but it looks to me that uniting the UK is going to be very complicated whatever the decision by MPs, ie, deal, no deal or no Brexit. It shows how far politicians go to win elections, ie, Cameron. He will probably be remembered as the one who divided UK. I think the most realistic way of uniting the nation is a referendum on the 3 options if the negotiated deal doesn't go through the commons. The Brexiters are saying Brexit will win again, but for them it means no deal, maybe that's what the majority wants, maybe not. Maybe the majority is ok with May's deal or maybe now that everything is clear, the majority wants to stay. If there is no referendum, a big proportion will still feel cheated.
I just can't see the people being conned for a 2nd time.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

No idea any putting back to the people would be a farce and chaos. The government have to implement it. Parliment is trying to water brexit down or stop it altogether that is not going to work. My best guess is a variant of Mays deal narrowly gets through after much hot air is expired by our posturing MP,s. But whatever happens our MP,s have diminished public faith in them. Post brexit I can see some new parties coming in. Perhaps a rejoin the EU party and a move further away from the EU party. There is already talk of this with David milliband coming back to lead a moderate break off from the Labour Party.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

No idea any putting back to the people would be a farce and chaos. The government have to implement it. Parliment is trying to water brexit down or stop it altogether that is not going to work. My best guess is a variant of Mays deal narrowly gets through after much hot air is expired by our posturing MP,s. But whatever happens our MP,s have diminished public faith in them. Post brexit I can see some new parties coming in. Perhaps a rejoin the EU party and a move further away from the EU party. There is already talk of this with David milliband coming back to lead a moderate break off from the Labour Party.

Still happy days ahead then.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
If we leave the EU yes but I will believe that when it happens

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Most shambolic British Government ever.

Remember "strong and stable"

Seems such a long time ago now.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Especially without a deal, that would be interesting to see how much it was project fear. I really think that it's the only way to unite the UK. Seeing is believing either way.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

Especially without a deal, that would be interesting to see how much it was project fear. I really think that it's the only way to unite the UK. Seeing is believing either way.

If its as bad as you say (hope?) it is then we can have another referedum in say 10 years and I am sure we will vote to rejoin the wonderful EU, assuming there is an EU that it. You think our government is in chaos ? have a look at France at the moment

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

If its as bad as you say (hope?) it is then we can have another referedum in say 10 years and I am sure we will vote to rejoin the wonderful EU, assuming there is an EU that it. You think our government is in chaos ? have a look at France at the moment

If it is as bad as I hear, people would want a referendum to rejoin in ten days, not ten years.

Page 115 of 174 1 2 113 114 115 116 117 173 174

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion