Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Let's get the thread rolling with some pundits predictions.

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Creed II star and Everton fan Dolph Lundgren

29 November 2018 - Premier League

As Drago, Dolph went toe-to-toe in the ring with Sylvester Stallone - who later adopted Everton as his English team - and it turns out Lundgren is also a Toffees fan.

Lundgren, who was a goalkeeper as a boy, explained: "Everton were my team back in the day - this was a long time ago in the late 1970s when I lived in Sweden and before I moved to the United States aged 17.

"I used to watch the World Cup too, when Germany were very good and Franz Beckenbauer and those guys were the stars.

"Sweden did very well in Russia last summer and I watched quite a bit of that, but they had quite a boring team. I liked the Sweden team in 1994 in the US - they were good.

"With the English Premier League, I don't have that many memories. I have to re-watch stuff to remember who I was rooting for."

Liverpool v Everton (16:15 GMT)

Under Marco Silva, Everton are one of the most improved teams in the league - but his first Merseyside derby is a very different test for him.

Reds boss Jurgen Klopp knows what to expect, and he has not lost any of his six games against Everton, winning four of them.

It is not just bragging rights that are at stake this time, because Liverpool are looking to keep up with Manchester City at the top of the table, and Everton are trying to remain on the fringes of the top four.

It will be fast and furious, but I think Liverpool will win, and cure a bit of their hangover from their Champions League defeat against Paris St-Germain.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Dolph's prediction: 0-3

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Paul Merson's Premier League predictions: Derby Day call

30/11/18 6:18am

Liverpool vs Everton (Super Sunday, Sky Sports Premier League)

Liverpool were all over the place against PSG, which shows you how good that front three is. It's a good back four at Liverpool now but they were in trouble.

I expect them to win though, I saw Everton at Chelsea a couple of weeks ago, they were solid but Chelsea were poor and still had three good chances and if they'd taken one they would have won the game.

I just can't see Liverpool not having those kind of chances and I think they'll take them. I don't think Everton will have a go at Liverpool, but if they defend for 95 minutes they're not going to keep a clean sheet.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-0 (6/1 with Sky Bet)

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
The midfield needs to be changed from our last game v PSG they gave us nothing in attacking intent or support to our front 3. This would be a good time for Klopp to alter things without upsetting our defensive shape too much.

In comes Shaqiri playing just off the front 3, maybe alternating with Bobby and Salah to cause confusion for the Everton defence and getting our attack more fluid. We can still have 2 holding Mids in Wij and Milner with either of them getting forward a bit more to support the attack. Hendo drops to the bench, this game is not one for sideways or backwards passing, we have to be on the front foot.

Our defence should be our most trusted CB partnership of Gomez & VVD with TAA and Robertson bombing forwards. Lovren drops to the bench because although he has been solid recently these types of games we've seen too often he has it in him to drop clangers.

Alisson

TAA Gomez VVD Robertson

Milner Wij

Shaqiri

Salah Firmino Mane

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The midfield has to change as Hendo is suspended. I think maybe Keita will start and not Shaq but would like to see your line up above.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Forgot about Hendo's suspension...silver lining and all that smile

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Pickles

Hahaha

My only worry with Keita is he can be abit hot headed, so bringing him into a big derby after not playing for a while could be a risk with him leaping in, hopefully Klopp will calm him down.

Hopefully Gomez will be back in the middle with VvD and TAA at RB, as we miss his runs forward and crosses.

I can't see Klopp starting with Keita & Shaq, think he will want Wij & Milner in MF to be solid, bringing on Shaw later, I think he will pick:

------- Alisson

TAA Gomez VvD Robertson

Milner Keita Wij

Salah Firmino Mane

3-1 win with Keita to get his first goal.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
One nil to Liverpool with a goal in the 75th minute

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Well after the Paris debacle I was tempted to revisit my trusted tea leaves, but I'm busy putting up Xmas decorations here, so I'll take a flying leap into the darkness, with a 3 - 0 recovery from the midweek's display of inconceivably incompetent ineptitude.
I'm banking on Klopp having first soaked his own ass and appendages in ice overnight on Wednesday last, followed by routinely roasting twelve other incontenent, incompetent and football wise, incoherent utter assholes for at least forty eight hours in a high temperature Merseyside smelting plant.
Now, if as is becoming increasingly likely, the gobshite has neglected either or both of the above two increasingly indespensible duties, then I'd suggest simply, if sadly, reversing the above score line, because believe me folks, if we go out like we did on Wednesday last, such an outcome is far from inconceivable.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

Hahaha

My only worry with Keita is he can be abit hot headed, so bringing him into a big derby after not playing for a while could be a risk with him leaping in, hopefully Klopp will calm him down.

Hopefully Gomez will be back in the middle with VvD and TAA at RB, as we miss his runs forward and crosses.

I can't see Klopp starting with Keita & Shaq, think he will want Wij & Milner in MF to be solid, bringing on Shaw later, I think he will pick:

------- Alisson

TAA Gomez VvD Robertson

Milner Keita Wij

Salah Firmino Mane

3-1 win with Keita to get his first goal.

I am sure Shaqiri will start, probably with Milner and Wij if they are not too tired from Wed game, else I could see Fabinho and Keita

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
It's Marco Silva that worries me.

His Hull and Watford teams both played us off the park. He's a good manager.

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
2-1 Liverpool.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I can see points dropped, but i do have a cold.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
I have Manflu too, I think I'm dying!

O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
Yes lumba can also see us losing points Sunday. Hope Arsenal and Tottenham draw their game.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I think we'll win

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
TEAM NEWS
Liverpool will be without captain Jordan Henderson, who is suspended after being sent off last weekend.

Boss Jurgen Klopp says a number of unnamed players are nursing knocks following the midweek defeat by Paris St-Germain.

Everton manager Marco Silva has no new injury worries ahead of his first Merseyside derby.

Ademola Lookman is in contention to make his first league start of the season.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

@Guymowbray: The history, the stats, the crowd - everything seems against Everton for the 232nd Merseyside derby.

Well, not quite everything.

Marco Silva led Hull to a win over Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool, and Watford to a thrilling 3-3 draw to start last season, and now takes his (much better) Everton side to Anfield in good form and heart.

They have a fighter's chance of a first win there this century.

The Reds will be huge favourites though, with Klopp emphasising his readiness for a "different derby" immediately after Wednesday's Champions League defeat in Paris.

From the start it'll be fast. It might occasionally veer towards furious. In the Liverpool boss's own inimitable words - "Go Go Go".

VIEW FROM THE DUGOUT

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp: "Silva has the best squad [of all the Everton managers I have faced]. It is the best-tuned squad.

"Analyse Everton and then tell me it will be an easy game. It will be a proper fight but we expect that in the derby. That's how derbies should be."

Everton manager Marco Silva: "We will respect our opponents like we did against Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea. Fear is something that doesn't come inside our dressing room. Respect, yes, but we don't change anything in our way.

"We won't change our ambition or style of play. It is important to enjoy the moment and be strong. We want to win the match and nothing more."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

It's the 100th league meeting between Liverpool and Everton at Anfield. The Reds have won 43, and the Toffees 23, with 33 draws.

Liverpool are unbeaten in the last 15 league meetings with Everton (W6, D9), with their last defeat coming in October 2010.

Everton's last win at Anfield was back in 1999, when Kevin Campbell got the only goal in a match which saw three red cards.

Liverpool

Liverpool are unbeaten in this season's Premier League, and have 33 points, their highest ever tally at this stage of a Premier League season.

They have won five of their six home games at Anfield in the league this season, with the goalless draw against Manchester City the only exception.

Liverpool have conceded just one Premier League goal at Anfield this season - that came against Cardiff.

Mohamed Salah could make his 50th Premier League appearance for Liverpool.

Salah has scored 39 league goals for the Reds - only two players have netted more in their first 50 Premier League games for a single club: Alan Shearer and Andy Cole , who scored 41 for Blackburn and Newcastle respectively.

Everton

Everton have lost just one of their last seven in the league.

Their only away win this season was a 2-1 victory at Leicester in October.

The Toffees conceded 11 times in their first six Premier League games under Marco Silva, but have only shipped four in the subsequent seven.

Silva is aiming to become the first Everton manager since Joe Royle in November 1994 to win his first Merseyside derby in the Premier League; no Everton manager has ever won their first league match against Liverpool at Anfield.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46333097

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Referee tomorrow is a bit wet behind the ears - Chris Kavanagh.
Only 12 PL games he's ever took charge of...he's been a 4th official several times more.

Hope the ref doesn't spoil the game tomorrow, seems like a silly appointment for such a big hotly contested fixture!

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Only 12 PL games he's ever took charge of...he's been a 4th official several times more.

Hope the ref doesn't spoil the game tomorrow, seems like a silly appointment for such a big hotly contested fixture!

Has to cut his teeth somewhere. A good performance here will stand him in good stead for the future.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By SSO

Has to cut his teeth somewhere. A good performance here will stand him in good stead for the future.

Not that many Scousers playing anymore, don't know if the rivalry on the pitch will be as wild as in the stands, for most players I would think, it will just be another game. We are playing at home so should win. That said a lot will depend on Klopp's team selection. I think Shaqiri will start, maybe Keita. Good thing is that we know we won't get a midfield of Hendo, Milner and Wij

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
A Becker.

TAA
VVD
Gomez
Robbo

Fabinho
Wijnaldum

Salah
Shaq
Mane

Bobby

KopTalk Editor
Online Content
KopTalk Editor

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion