Rate Thread
Page 111 of 174 1 2 109 110 111 112 113 173 174
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Maybe the public should have their say on the deal? I’m not for another in or out referendum but if our shitte stick politicians can’t come together for the good of the country then maybe it should be left to us? Then they can all to a man/woman fukk off and get some people in who actually want to work for us and not themselves.

What TM,s deal or no deal ? We would have to delay article 50 for up to a year to put in place the legal mechanism for such a vote. A major court case today decided Britain cannot unilaterally reverse article 50 so we would need every EU state to unanimously agree to it. I very much doubt they would. I also don't believe that's the sort of technical thing that cannot be voted on by the public. Remain Politicians would also demand the option of remain was on the ballot paper. It would be complete and utter chaos and won't happen as the EU would never agree to it and I would not blame them

Terms would be to accept this deal or not which seems to be the position we’re in. I know it would take time to put in place but as our elected politicians seem incapable of doing anything but looking after their own interests to a man and woman, why should we not decide? As I see it now, the only reason this deal won’t get done or is not good enough is political, for people to gain an advantage. That isn’t good for the country and for me isn’t politicians doing their job.

May touring the country when the public doesn't have a vote, what is she trying to do? Can the public really put pressure on their MPs to vote the deal, and how would the MPs know what the majority of their voters want? Now 90 Tory MPs are against the deal so it will not go through.

I rather think May is planning a people's vote, question is will she get a majority in the commons to organise if no Brexit is not a choice? Probably a 2 rounds vote with 3 choices, her deal, no deal and no Brexit. That can be organised before the 29th of March, why not? When politicians cannot decide/agree then the only option is to go back to the people I would think. Your GBP keeps gping down in the mean time, and this time the FTSE as well apparently, double whammy for stock holders.

I’m not sure what she’s touring for. Maybe as you said to try and get constituency’s on side to force their MP’s to vote it through.

And if there was another vote staying in the EU shouldn’t be an option. We voted to leave for better or worse and that’s what we should do. It’s fraught with danger trying to stop this now for me.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Do you think there will be a majority for a people's vote if no Brexit is not included? I heard quite a few MPs saying that this deal is worse than staying in the EU. If politicians cannot decide then there is no option but to go to the people and let them decide, deal, no deal or no Brexit, I think it would be fair to everybody as the choices are very clear now. I understand that Brexiters don't want to let go something they didn't expect would happen (leave vote), but that's not a good reason, is it? They can still vote no deal or deal, in fact, it's only clearer now. This is too important to leave it on a choice nobody understood, very few expected such a withdrawal agreement. Brexiters always said the EU will come running to offer a trade deal

Last edited by TiredReds; 27/11/18 07:23 PM.
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Vish it's not me you have to pursuade write to the British government with your ideas it's they who decide on referendums not me. Oh and I would copy in the electoral commission too. While you are at it contact the army and police force to deal with the civil unrest that's possibility if a national vote is overturned it's never happened before in our history. One other possibility is there is going to be a brexit march in 9th December in London why not get a flight and stand on a box with a loudhailer and tell them your ideas.

Last edited by Stanley Park; 27/11/18 07:32 PM.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Vish it's not me you have to pursuade write to the British government with your ideas it's they who decide on referendums not me. Oh and I would copy in the electoral commission too. While you are at it contact the army and police force to deal with the civil unrest that's possibility if a national vote is overturned it's never happened before in our history. One other possibility is there is going to be a brexit march in 9th December in London why not get a flight and stand on a box with a loudhailer and tell them your ideas.

I shall if you are persuaded, you are the first step, the rest is a piece of cake.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

I shall if you are persuaded, you are the first step, the rest is a piece of cake.

Ok I am persuaded please let me have a look at your letter to the British government

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
If we had another referendum it's not because the people want it or it's the right thing to do but because MP,s cannot stop squabbling. If we had another referendum would they stop squabbling ? I think not. Also remember most MP,s support remain and many are squabbling deliberately to stop brexit

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Ok I am persuaded please let me have a look at your letter to the British government

I don't believe you, unless you tell me why you are persuaded.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
How are you going to vote in the new referedum vish have you decided yet ?

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Big shift by McDonnell and Labour today.

A second referendum now being spoken about openly by labour.

Interesting times.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
Big shift by McDonnell and Labour today.

A second referendum now being spoken about openly by labour.

Interesting times.

Assuming Labour want a second referedum (which is not current party policy) how would they stop article 50 in the next four months and win a majority in parliment for another referendum ? The only way I can see it happening is if Labour put another referendum in their manifesto there was a general election and labour won it. The comments by John Macdonald (which can be interpreted several ways) are simply putting pressure on the government they cannot initiate a second referendum even with the greens, SNP, Lib Dems and of course 7 out of 10 labour constituencies voted to leave we cant forget that. Put yourself in the shoes of a labour MP in a leave constituency which most are

Page 111 of 174 1 2 109 110 111 112 113 173 174

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion