Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I am referring to players who were both available and affordable and also who we cold realistically attract.

For me it would be Aubameyang, Lucas Moura Renato Sanchez, to a lower extent Payet though probably this was not realistic as he wanted to move to France (maybe we could have tried) and Delle, though not very recent.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Ericsson would have been good, and Deli Ali too. But maybe we should have had a punt on Fekir despite the concerns.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Ericsson would have been good, and Deli Ali too. But maybe we should have had a punt on Fekir despite the concerns.

Not so sure about Fekir, from what I have seen Shaq offers as much. Don't remember when Spurs signed Eriksen and if we had somebody better in that position then, but yes, he has been better than Lallana from what I can remember and would get in our first team still

Last edited by TiredReds; 02/11/18 05:43 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Schmeichel and Eric Cantona... Seems only yesterday.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58

Not so sure about Fekir, from what I have seen Shaq offers as much. Don't remember when Spurs signed Eriksen and if we had somebody better in that position then, but yes, he has been better than Lallana from what I can remember and would get in our first team still

We had Coutinho, who was the same sort of AM, so I doubt we could have played them both as neither really track back/tackle much, but Ericsen is quality, he was linked with us for a while before Tottenham got him cheap on deadline day, Molby was always going on about him and said he really wanted to join us, no idea why it never happened.

I was hoping we might have got Mahrez, he has that pace and dribbline ability that would have been ideal to fit in with our front 3.

We should have got VvD when he left Celtic, I saw him on TV a few times for Celtic and he looked class, with our links to Scotland i'm surprised we were not in for him, could have save ourselves £65 million.

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
Fabrizio Ravanelli.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
No one for me. When you look at who we’ve bought and how they’re doing then I don’t feel regret at all.

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Kante

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By paul66
Kante

I suppose you mean before he went to Leicester, right? Don't think we could afford him before he went to Chelsea and they were a better proposition. However, he was quite unknown before he moved to Leicester

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By paul66
Kante

I suppose you mean before he went to Leicester, right? Don't think we could afford him before he went to Chelsea and they were a better proposition. However, he was quite unknown before he moved to Leicester

Yeah Chelsea were the better deal then. But they paid 40m which is not that much for a player of his standard.

The talent was there and Leicester were first to spot it

Last edited by paul66; 03/11/18 11:21 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion