Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
Also I would like to see the middle east without western involvement , it can't get much worse than with western involvement. Say we actually supported democracy in that region , worked with the UN for peace and stopped arming one side against the other. Saudi is the most repressive and fundementalist regime in the region. Its the spirtual home of Sunni Bin/Laden type hatred of the west. Maybe a change in saudi would help the world and the people of saudi

To an extent I agree with you. But it's strategically important due to the ports and the oil and the volatile nature of its inhabitants. So I agree with should lessen the involvement but if we have no diplomatic relations with the Middle East no allies then someone else will. Russia and Iran would be straight in there. That would have massive consequences for the west on every level it could even lead to a world war. It would certainly result in more deaths of civilians as neither Russia or Iran are known for their humanitarian aspects. But yes we need a change of strategy I accept that

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
EMP Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
If you set up a UN mission , with no fly zones, a binding commitment to disarming the whole region then its not necessarily going to be russia and china straight in there. The west would lose out on money for sure so it will never happen but we have to completely change how we live anyway.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
If you set up a UN mission , with no fly zones, a binding commitment to disarming the whole region then its not necessarily going to be russia and china straight in there. The west would lose out on money for sure so it will never happen but we have to completely change how we live anyway.

That might happen in the end but if it did it would most likely be American planes (NATO) policing the no fly zone the EU does not possess fighter jets as far as I am aware

E
EMP Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
damn i though all evil empires had a military airforce.. i said the un but hey ho who cares whose airplanes they are if they are stopping this predicted 13million deaths famine.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
There's basically a proxy war between Saudi and Iran that's the nub of this problem and probably linked to the Sunni Shia many thousand year war nonsense and Yemen is probably a rats nest of fighting Islamic tribes. This is not caused by the west. Even if Britain stopped selling Saudi arms they would simply buy elsewhere. I know you want to blame Britain emp but this is nothing whatsoever to do with us

E
EMP Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Luckily there is people in the uk and usa who feel completely different and have human morals. Even lots and lots of republicians in the usa who are in a clamor over it. Responsibility should come with shipping death weapons across the globe

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
There's basically a proxy war between Saudi and Iran that's the nub of this problem and probably linked to the Sunni Shia many thousand year war nonsense and Yemen is probably a rats nest of fighting Islamic tribes. This is not caused by the west. Even if Britain stopped selling Saudi arms they would simply buy elsewhere. I know you want to blame Britain emp but this is nothing whatsoever to do with us

Apart from the arms that you are selling to Saudi Arabia

Jesus wept.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Shaggydog

Jesus wept.

Britain selling arms to Saudi Arabia is not the cause of the war the war was going on before Saudi got involved. It's a civil war between the government and rebels backed by Iran. Plus a wider religious conflict between Sunni and shai which in principle is not much not different to the segtarian nonsense in Ulster. Anything beyond a binary concept you are incapable of understanding as we all know by now

Last edited by Stanley Park; 22/10/18 01:47 PM.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Shaggydog

Jesus wept.

Britain selling arms to Saudi Arabia is not the cause of the war the war was going on before Saudi got involved. It's a civil war between the government and rebels backed by Iran. Plus a wider religious conflict between Sunni and shai which in principle is not much not different to the segtarian nonsense in Ulster. Anything beyond a binary concept you are incapable of understanding as we all know by now

"This is nothing whatsoever to do with us"

"Britain selling ARMS to Saudi Arabia is not the cause of the war."

The people on the receiving end of those British bombs will take great comfort in the fact that it has nothing whatsoever to do with Britain.

You have made hypocrisy an art form.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion