KopTalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#612304 - 18/10/18 01:07 PM FAN OPINION: Is the form of our front three a concern?
Dunk Offline
KopTalk Editor

Loc: KOPTALK
Salah - Firmino - Mane

by Naveen Vinod

Iím never a fan of international breaks as the weekends are boring without any proper football. But if you were to ask JŁrgen Klopp what he thought about this one, my hunch would be that he wanted that break, especially for the front three.

Iím not sure whether Iím jumping the gun with my views or whether you all see the same thing. There is a certain lack of goals from them compared to last season but more worryingly, whether they are playing together as a team is more of a concern for me.

Continues: http://www.koptalk.com/fan-opinion/naveen-vinod/is-the-form-of-our-front-three-a-concern/

Advertisements

#612306 - 18/10/18 01:23 PM Re: FAN OPINION: Is the form of our front three a concern? [Re: Dunk]
Pickles Offline
Under 23 Player

No not yet, Klopp and the team are evolving.

Our recent past was not successful, changes had to be made and so far we are right in the mix. We won't know until after Christmas where we truly are, however it's exciting to see us being talked up so highly by all in world football. The distraction of our front three's form from last season is immaterial at the moment, it's just something to get further excited about when they do start clicking. I mentioned this at the start of the season that we will demolish somebody sooner or later and not just a 6 nil, I'm talking about a double digit win in the PL to rewrite PL history. I believe once the likes of Keita and our front 3 are embedded and clicking together some team/s will be getting roasted by us.

#612309 - 18/10/18 01:54 PM Re: FAN OPINION: Is the form of our front three a concern? [Re: Dunk]
Hercules/AF 58 Offline
1st Team Squad

Well there's no doubt they're not firing on all cylinders so far this season. However they've not been getting the service from midfield as they were last season. Also the midfielders aren't pushing up near as much as they were last season, so the necessary support isn't there at the moment. It seems as if Klopp has been playing a more defensive style, especially in that recent run of tough fixtures. Maybe we'll see them pushing up more in the upcoming run of easier fixtures. I hope we do as we need to attack the opening goal difference with City, it could well come down to that if we can keep pace with them

#612310 - 18/10/18 01:58 PM Re: FAN OPINION: Is the form of our front three a concern? [Re: Hercules/AF 58]
Stanley Park Online   crying
Liverpool Legend

Loc: Not the EU
It is a bit yes

#612330 - 19/10/18 06:13 AM Re: FAN OPINION: Is the form of our front three a concern? [Re: Dunk]
Vicdamone Offline
Under 23 Player

Loc: SOUTH AFRICA
If you compare some of the stats of last season, it shouldn't,.... but it does concern me.

#612332 - 19/10/18 09:39 AM Re: FAN OPINION: Is the form of our front three a concern? [Re: Vicdamone]
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Eire
we need lalanna to come back fit as he was before.. need someone from midfield to create space ,burst onto the defense .

#612333 - 19/10/18 09:48 AM Re: FAN OPINION: Is the form of our front three a concern? [Re: Dunk]
Vicdamone Offline
Under 23 Player

Loc: SOUTH AFRICA
All i know is we have to take advantage of any slip ups in tomorrows games between the top 6, only Arsenal not playing this weekend.

#612385 - 20/10/18 05:42 AM Re: FAN OPINION: Is the form of our front three a concern? [Re: Vicdamone]
TiredReds Offline
1st Team Regular

A must win game this one

#612394 - 20/10/18 01:19 PM Re: FAN OPINION: Is the form of our front three a concern? [Re: EMP]
SSO Online   content
Under 23 Player

Originally Posted By EMP
we need lalanna to come back fit as he was before.. need someone from midfield to create space ,burst onto the defense .

Missing Ox and although Shaqiri could unlock certain teams I am not sure he would be the answer.
Midfield of Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner is a solid option and one which is helping deliver clean sheets at one end. The front 3 should all still fire but not necessarily all of them in every game as it seemed last season.
Team is being set up to win games 1-0 if necessary.

#612419 - 20/10/18 11:21 PM Re: FAN OPINION: Is the form of our front three a concern? [Re: Dunk]
Hercules/AF 58 Offline
1st Team Squad

I doubt if the form we displayed today against Huddersfield, would prevail against Arsenal in the all too near future. A performance like today's will see them taking points off us. So yes our form up front and to an extent in midfield is now a definite concern, despite the fact we've been getting away with it so far this season and all the more so in that the dip in form is steadily going in the wrong direction. We were performing better in our first couple or three games of the season. Klopp needs to get a handle on this before it starts to cost us.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Latest From KopTalk

Top Posters (30 Days)
TiredReds 208
wilkij1975 177
Stanley Park 139
Pickles 98
lumba 96
EMP 91