Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 174 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 173 174
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Ok shaggy suggest you write to the British government and get them to hand over the Falklands to Argentina can't see any issues there. Yes I said single market customs union and ECJ we are leaving all three, just ! Do I like the chequers agreement no I don't but I am prepared to be flexiable and I can live with it just. But not any further concessions which there might be. However no deal is looking likely and I would be happy with that there will be short term troubles but change always has challenges. Brexit is actually on track the mayhem is caused by British politicians trying to sabotage brexit which has been happening since we voted out. Incidently I see no way politically brexit can be reversed if the establishment does then we will see real mayhem

I think I will save myself the price of a stamp Stan.

I cannot understand how anyone can be happy with a No Deal Brexit.

Again the problem is that the government's position on Brexit is moving on an almost daily basis. May is trying to keep remainers and leavers within her own party happy whilst also dancing to the DUP's tune. That is an impossible task.

David Cameron has a lot to answer for, but of course he couldn't get out quick enough.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Ok shaggy suggest you write to the British government and get them to hand over the Falklands to Argentina can't see any issues there. Yes I said single market customs union and ECJ we are leaving all three, just ! Do I like the chequers agreement no I don't but I am prepared to be flexiable and I can live with it just. But not any further concessions which there might be. However no deal is looking likely and I would be happy with that there will be short term troubles but change always has challenges. Brexit is actually on track the mayhem is caused by British politicians trying to sabotage brexit which has been happening since we voted out. Incidently I see no way politically brexit can be reversed if the establishment does then we will see real mayhem

Therefore you want the EU to just accept May's PROPOSAL in Toto, right, no negotiations, take it or leave it?

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TiredReds

Therefore you want the EU to just accept May's PROPOSAL in Toto, right, no negotiations, take it or leave it?

Yes and that is the uk governments position as well. Obviously there can be some minor amendments but nothing that changes the shape otherwise may is toast politically. The EU know what. How it will end not sure my gut feel tells me there will be a deal because (dispite all the hot air) the two sides are still negotiating and the EU has not dismissed it out of hand. But the prospect of no deal is equally likely

Last edited by Stanley Park; 24/07/18 11:30 AM.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

To be fair, the EU would like us to just accept what they want too.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I think the other point is they are running out of time there is simply not time to ponder a number of options. I think mays strategy was to move to the EU,s position as far as possible. To give them something to accept or not. If the EU stonewall then she can go for no deal and assert we did everything we could to the British public and parliament. One thing about May she is politically very savvy the chequers agreement has not been thrown together there will be deep thinking behind it. Whether it will work who knows ?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

To be fair, the EU would like us to just accept what they want too.

I think the EU has proposed a few options which already exist with a few twist, ie, Norway or Canada or Turkey options which took a long time to set.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Exactly my point. This is what the EU want and would prefer we just accept just as we are doing to them with our proposals.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I see today May is taking over direct control of the negotiations. Dominic Rab is her deputy now on Brexit. My take of this is May is going over the head of Barnier and the EU commission and talking direct to EU leaders. The night before May presented her chequers proposal she met with Merkel in Germany it was denied May gave Merkel a "heads up" but frankly I find that impossible to believe. I welcome this there has been too much posturing and mucking about let the organ grinders sort it out not the monkeys.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Exactly my point. This is what the EU want and would prefer we just accept just as we are doing to them with our proposals.

No the EU would prefer UK stayed in the common market if not the EU itself. UK wants something completely different which nobody has

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

No the EU would prefer UK stayed in the common market if not the EU itself. UK wants something completely different which nobody has

Given the EU has made no proposals of their own to shape brexit out of curiosity how do you know what they want ?

Page 5 of 174 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 173 174

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion