Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 174 1 2 3 4 5 6 173 174
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
rather than invade ireland britain will be walking away from them. Germany is their new partner

If you are walking away from Ireland don't forget to give the 6 counties back.

In a spirit of generosity you could also give Gibraltar back to the Spanish and The Falkland Islands back to Argentina.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
rather than invade ireland britain will be walking away from them. Germany is their new partner

In a spirit of generosity you could also give Gibraltar back to the Spanish and The Falkland Islands back to Argentina.

It's not ours to give back the people of all the areas you mention WANT to be part of the United Kingdom or rather the vast majority do. They could be independent at any time. I know you struggle with democracy

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Shaggydog

It's not ours to give back the people of all the areas you mention WANT to be part of the United Kingdom or rather the vast majority do. They could be independent at any time. I know you struggle with democracy

I struggle with the British definition of democracy.

Invade a country that doesn't belong to you and then drive the native population from their own land.

Next step is to populate it with those who are loyal to the crown.

Now call a "democratic" election and proclaim that the people living there wish to remain British.

Finally proclaim that you are only respecting the "democratic" vote.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
And what's the Irish republican definition of democracy ? Deport or kill every person by force who's family was not born there 400 years ago or who has the wrong religion ?

Last edited by Stanley Park; 23/07/18 09:17 PM.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
And what's the Irish republican definition of democracy ? Deport or kill every person by force who's family was not born there 400 years ago or who has the wrong religion ?

The Republic of Ireland is a sovereign nation. I'm reasonably certain that is not their definition of democracy.

Also isn't it strange that people living on an island nearly 8000 miles from Britain all want to be British. However did that happen or is that the magical power of democracy again?

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By TiredReds

You are the one who talked about uk protecting Ireland with its airforce and navy, I asked who was invading them?

You don't have to be on the verge of being invaded to require a navy and Air Force. The RAF protects Ireland for free and its British taxpayers paying for it.

Protecting us from whom? The last nation to invade Ireland was guess who?

So are Britan protecting us from Britain invading us? That's handy because if you are planning a surprise attack you will know all about it in advance and you can then protect us.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Also Stan it is interesting to note your shift from Brexiteer to a supporter of Brexit in name only.

The Chequers Agreement is a complete sell out of what Brexit was meant to deliver. However it is refreshing to see that you are now accepting the reality of the situation.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Shaggy out of interest what would you propose with the Falkland Islands ? Forcably deport them all and relocate Argentinians there ? As for brexit I reluctantly accept the chequers agreement because otherwise it would not have got past parliament. There are now only two options a deal or WTO. To stop that now MP,s have to motion and pass another act of parliment which effectively would stop brexit. I really can't see that happening. In all the arguments on here about brexit I have been consistent red lines laws trade and money everything else is negotiable. I want to leave the EU but I don't want to have nothing to do with it I want close trade ties. I do accept the chequers agreement just about achieves that but I would not be happy if May conceded more

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Shaggy out of interest what would you propose with the Falkland Islands ? Forcably deport them all and relocate Argentinians there ? As for brexit I reluctantly accept the chequers agreement because otherwise it would not have got past parliament. There are now only two options a deal or WTO. To stop that now MP,s have to motion and pass another act of parliment which effectively would stop brexit. I really can't see that happening. In all the arguments on here about brexit I have been consistent red lines laws trade and money everything else is negotiable. I want to leave the EU but I don't want to have nothing to do with it I want close trade ties. I do accept the chequers agreement just about achieves that but I would not be happy if May conceded more

I'm not sure why you are obsessed with forcibly deporting people from their homes. That is what caused this situation in the first place.

Britain returned Hong Kong to China and there were no mass deportations there. Why would there have to be mass deportations if you returned the Falkland Islands to Argentina.

You original red lines if I remember on Brexit were leaving the Single Market, Customs Union and ECJ.

The Chequers Agreement is Brexit in name only but it is once again a form of cherry picking and it offers no workable solution to the Irish border problem.

Brexit has turned into the British Governments worst nightmare. As for the opposition parties they are only glad that is not them that have been charged with trying to deliver it.

I doubt if anyone, whether remainder or leaver could have envisaged the mayhem that the referendum result has unleashed.

Last edited by Shaggydog; 23/07/18 10:05 PM.
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Ok shaggy suggest you write to the British government and get them to hand over the Falklands to Argentina can't see any issues there. Yes I said single market customs union and ECJ we are leaving all three, just ! Do I like the chequers agreement no I don't but I am prepared to be flexiable and I can live with it just. But not any further concessions which there might be. However no deal is looking likely and I would be happy with that there will be short term troubles but change always has challenges. Brexit is actually on track the mayhem is caused by British politicians trying to sabotage brexit which has been happening since we voted out. Incidently I see no way politically brexit can be reversed if the establishment does then we will see real mayhem

Page 4 of 174 1 2 3 4 5 6 173 174

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion