Page 90 of 174 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 173 174
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
That I agree is a concern the EU have all the cards and are trying to retain control of Britain post brexit. This could have been avoided if British politicians had worked for Britain instead of party interests but I know I am expecting too much there. We need to see the actual deal rather than guessing given this time tommorow we might know

The whole thing is going to be a fudge. The big question is will she get it past parliament

It was never going to be anything else but a fudge the EU is almost impossible to negotiate with as the Irish found out with the Lisbon treaty. I agree parliment is the issue I was never in doubt a deal would be done. However how many in parliment at the end of the day are going to vote for no deal ? I can't see it but I might be wrong nothing would surprise me with them

The UK Government, even at this late stage still don't know what they want. Pretty impossible to negotiate under those circumstances.

Brexit in Name Only will be dressed up as a great deal for the UK

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
You obviously don't remember the Lancaster house speech or have never heard of it. That was the governments position how long ago was that 18 months ago ? Some of it is still intact but events have moved on and in my opinion not for the better. I blame British politicians who have not worked together for the benefit of the nation. To be fair to May she had a difficult task particularly given she did not have a majority. Hopefully we are coming to the end game now whatever the deal is or is not

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
You obviously don't remember the Lancaster house speech or have never heard of it. That was the governments position how long ago was that 18 months ago ? Some of it is still intact but events have moved on and in my opinion not for the better. I blame British politicians who have not worked together for the benefit of the nation. To be fair to May she had a difficult task particularly given she did not have a majority. Hopefully we are coming to the end game now whatever the deal is or is not

You obviously still believe in Santa if you think you were going to get everything May demanded in her Lancaster House speech. The fact that you acknowledge that "some of it is still intact" merely confirms that it was nothing more than bluster to satisfy Tory hardline brexiteers.

I blame Tory politicians and primarily David Cameron. This vote wasn't called for the good of the nation. It was called to shut up once and for all the Tory eurosceptics and to stop the rise of UKIP. The tories created this mess.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

You obviously still believe in Santa if you think you were going to get everything May demanded in her Lancaster House speech. The fact that you acknowledge that "some of it is still intact" merely confirms that it was nothing more than bluster to satisfy Tory hardline brexiteers.

I blame Tory politicians and primarily David Cameron. This vote wasn't called for the good of the nation. It was called to shut up once and for all the Tory eurosceptics and to stop the rise of UKIP. The tories created this mess.

Who decides what's for the good of the nation you ? I also thought your nation was Ireland not Britain. Why was UKIP on the rise ? Because people were disatisfied with being in the EU and wanted a vote. Incidently you might not know but the Tories campaign very hard for remain not leave. But let's not let facts get in the way

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

Who decides what's for the good of the nation you ? I also thought your nation was Ireland not Britain. Why was UKIP on the rise ? Because people were disatisfied with being in the EU and wanted a vote. Incidently you might not know but the Tories campaign very hard for remain not leave. But let's not let facts get in the way

I'm fairly certain Gove, Davis, Johnson and those linked to the ERG alll campaigned very hard to leave. But as you said let's not let facts get in he way.
The brexit that was sold to the electorate is quite simply undeliverable.
What you have now is May trying to cobble together the least damaging Brexit, which will be Brexit in Name Only.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Individual Tory MP,s might have campaigned to leave but the Tory party campaigned to remain. Very complicated to understand that difficult concept isn't it my brain hurts just trying to conceptualise it. And we voted to leave the EU and that's what's going to happen in less than five months now, that sounds like delivery to me. Although I won't believe it till it happens

Last edited by Stanley Park; 08/11/18 02:47 PM.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Individual Tory MP,s might have campaigned to leave but the Tory party campaigned to remain. Very complicated to understand that difficult concept isn't it my brain hurts just trying to conceptualise it. And we voted to leave the EU and that's what's going to happen in less than five months now, that sounds like delivery to me. Although I won't believe it till it happens

Well you have already said you are happy to accept a deal that you hate so any Brexit is going to do you.

With that mindset I'm not surprised your brain hurts.

As with many deliveries once they arrive they bear no resemblance to what you ordered.

But you will have a lovely new passport made by a Franco-Dutch firm.
You will also be taking back control of your borders, apart form that awkward land border that you have with the EU.
Oh and you will be in a customs union.

Taking back control.

Last edited by Shaggydog; 08/11/18 03:45 PM.
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

Well you have already said you are happy to accept a deal that you hate so any Brexit is going to do you.

As with many deliveries once they arrive they bear no resemblance to what you ordered.

You will also be taking back control of your borders, apart form that awkward land border that you have with the EU.

Taking back control.

I don't recall saying I hated it, I have not seen the final deal yet so my verdict will have to wait. I gave my opinion to you on chequers about 12 times not that it sunk in. The rest of your post is just taunting fine i can deal with that.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

Taking back control.

I don't recall saying I hated it, I have not seen the final deal yet so my verdict will have to wait. I gave my opinion to you on chequers about 12 times not that it sunk in. The rest of your post is just taunting fine i can deal with that.

So are you back to Chequers this week? Only it was No Deal last week.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Taking back control.

Raab has finally seen the light, he only now understood the importance of the Calais Dover channel. Better late than never though for some it will be never. What a joke, seriously.

Page 90 of 174 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 173 174

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion