KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
i would love to see chelsea over take spurs and finish 4th. spurs really need cl to pay for the stadium and transfer fees

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By *** Suso ***
i would love to see chelsea over take spurs and finish 4th. spurs really need cl to pay for the stadium and transfer fees

Yeah, would be funny, they would also lose a few players like Erikson & Alle, as they will CL football and big money which they won't be able to afford.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
I'm getting seriously worried now about CL qualification for next season, as most of our key players look knackered, and I mean knackered to the extent that both the Brighton game and the CL final are at risk. We're out of steam and out of squad depth, both of which feed off the other. Can the likes of Salah, Firmino, Milner and Robertson recover sufficiently to win the Brighton game? And if they do or don't, can they hope to have the stamina to win the CL final game? Are there chickens coming home to roost here? I want to be proven wrong, I hope I'm worrying without cause, but....

A
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
A
We better be perfectly prepared and play our strongest team against Brighton - I'd rather we go all out and beat Brighton comfortably than take our chances and hope to qualify for CL by beating an RM side that has already won it twice in a row.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AngryAsianRed
We better be perfectly prepared and play our strongest team against Brighton - I'd rather we go all out and beat Brighton comfortably than take our chances and hope to qualify for CL by beating an RM side that has already won it twice in a row.

If we cannot beat Brighton at home who won't be playing for anything but honour, then we don't deserve to be 4th, simple. Yes we do look exhausted, but everybody knew for a long time that our squad was too thin, but we did nothing about it in Jan. We'll have 1 week to prepare, so hopefully we'll get this one through, else we'll have to make 'The Brain' our manager before he goes to Arsenal.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I think there was a cockup in our approach to the last 2 games.
Having watched a replay of yesterday's Chelsea game I'm convinced it was the wrong decision to play virtually our strongest available team, when most of them went through the grinder in Rome - physically, mentally/emotionally.
Yes it's likely our fringe players wouldn't have got much to anything at Chelsea but we'd have given a majority of the important players a much needed rest with most of them refreshed and revitalized @Anfield v Brighton to seal Top 4. Now we have an even more fatigued set of players going into that Brighton game.
It's very hard to play the heavy metal Klopp football, continually chasing down opposing players, we learned that to our cost last season when the team were exhausted mid to late november came with exits from all cup comps. This season we've coped longer but now it's starting to hit home hard.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By *** Suso ***

I hate what they did at Anfield with the diving and 2 penalties but seriously I hate Chelsea, at least spurs have built a team slowly. If Chelsea make 4th they will strengthen more seriously than spurs so lesser of the two evils is spurs.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
I think there was a cockup in our approach to the last 2 games.
Having watched a replay of yesterday's Chelsea game I'm convinced it was the wrong decision to play virtually our strongest available team, when most of them went through the grinder in Rome - physically, mentally/emotionally.
Yes it's likely our fringe players wouldn't have got much to anything at Chelsea but we'd have given a majority of the important players a much needed rest with most of them refreshed and revitalized @Anfield v Brighton to seal Top 4. Now we have an even more fatigued set of players going into that Brighton game.
It's very hard to play the heavy metal Klopp football, continually chasing down opposing players, we learned that to our cost last season when the team were exhausted mid to late november came with exits from all cup comps. This season we've coped longer but now it's starting to hit home hard.

Agree it was a big risk to start those players but only because they could have got injured. But they didn't which is good and 1 week should be sufficient for them to get fit again. Not having them play a competitive game for more than 10 days make players lose momentum.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Klopp was onto a loser whether he played our full first 11 or rested players if we lost. Playing the full first team was the right call for me as we had a much better chance of winning than with Solanke or Ings in the pitch. I'd rather go out trying than with a whimper of a second string team playing.

Like Vish said, no one got injured and they've now plenty of time to rest for next weekend.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
I'm not convinced that exhausted players can recharge batteries in a week given the rigours of Klopp's training sessions, I hope they prove me wrong, but burnout takes a heavy toll both physically and mentally. Let's hope they have the resilience of body and mind to bounce back.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion