Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
R
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
R
Truered,

Couthino, we got loads of dosh for him, outlay was 8.5 mill I memory serves me correctly... We got a number of years from him..

As Swapshop said Suarez was/is a "git", he aided the sale of Coutinho by buying him a house when Couts said it cost him 11 mill to make the move happen...

Did Suarez influence Sterling to move?

Rafa B,
Freeman of the land,
UKColoumn news,Russia today news.
Getoutofdebtfree.co.uk
YNWA....
S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
I think a telling factor in players moving could lie with Gerrard...In some ways he was too good for his own good, players look at what happend to him... fantastic, wonderful player who stayed at the Club too long and basically underachieved with his career..foreign players will look at that and let's face it they have no ties to us...

Regarding wether Suarez influenced Coutinho...I would be shocked if he never, He will of told him about how the club treated him with lies and deception in order to keep him at the Club, this mistrust probably forced Suarez to take matters into his own hands and force a move...hence the biting....Coutinho will of deffo be made aware of this....

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
I love it when everton fans say Gerrard underachieved

You do know he won every trophy available except the league right?

Every trophy he played for. He won. Except the league. All with his favorite club. That's an achievement.

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles
I love it when everton fans say Gerrard underachieved

You do know he won every trophy available except the league right?

Every trophy he played for. He won. Except the league. All with his favorite club. That's an achievement.
listen I am not going to argue against your opinion, your entitled to it, I just don't agree with it, think the problem we have is how we both see underachieved. If you think a player of Gerrard's ability should of left the game with one major trophy then that's up to you, same with Alan Shearer, for me both of those should of finished with four or five league titles and two or three Champions leagues which would of put them up there with your Henri's, Rooney's and Paul Scholes of the world. Gerrard won his second to last trophy when he was about twenty four years of age, he won his last one at the age of about thirty three so for about ten years of his career he won fuuuuck all, he done absolutely nowt during a players peak which is about twenty seven or twenty eight except finish between fourth and seventh...if you don't think that's underachieving then that's your business...I don't agree...he did, as for the favourite club thing, very noble but means absolute zilch, Rooney did the right thing for his career by moving from Everton to United he never hesitated because he wanted to be regarded as the best and he knew he could never do it at Everton because they would never provide the platform...Gerrard stayed in the safety of Anfield because he was king...he lacked ambition...

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Gerrard won 9 trophies. This is tripe.

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By redordead13
some really good trophies too who could ever forget the Cup final against West Ham. However when you put the trophies he won against those of say..Frank Lampard....Frank blows him out of the water, arguable who was the best player but that's not my point, my point is Gerrard should of had at least the same if not more major trophies as in Premier League and Champions League...he never and that's down to poor career choices...down to him am afraid.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Salah at the end of next season if he continues his good form, if he wants to better himself as a player, reach the top of his trade, win the games major honours and be regarded as a true world class player he will unfortunately have to leave us for a bigger club who will provide him with that platform...

Last edited by swapshop; 21/03/18 07:51 PM.
M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M

No no no. You're wrong. The league is the only trophy ever.

Luke Chadwick won a couple so he's miles better than Gerrard.

If you put Luke Chadwick and Steven Gerrard together and asked who felt happier with their careers. What do you think Luke would say when he stopped crying?

Last edited by Mr Bojangles; 21/03/18 08:41 PM.
#599188 21/03/18 10:24 PM
S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By theanfieldpigeon
Spangles trying to derail the thread again. This is about salah or Suarez. Not gerrard. 1/10 need to improve your baiting
I don't think you fully understands how a thread works...yes you talk about the main topic but after a certain number of posts when everybody has had their say...it develops and evolves into other topics of consversations...it flows.

#599202 22/03/18 02:23 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By swapshop
some really good trophies too who could ever forget the Cup final against West Ham. However when you put the trophies he won against those of say..Frank Lampard....Frank blows him out of the water, arguable who was the best player but that's not my point, my point is Gerrard should of had at least the same if not more major trophies as in Premier League and Champions League...he never and that's down to poor career choices...down to him am afraid.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Salah at the end of next season if he continues his good form, if he wants to better himself as a player, reach the top of his trade, win the games major honours and be regarded as a true world class player he will unfortunately have to leave us for a bigger club who will provide him with that platform...

SG loved his boyhood club more than any trophy unlike the trophy hunter you are who turned against the club since we stopped winning trophies. So either you are a Bluenose or an unhappy trophy hunter

A
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
A
My favourite forward of recent times is Torres (I believe I'm a minority though). Between Salah and Suarez, I prefer Salah although Suarez was more all rounded as a player. I just think it's really important to have pace up front so we can punish teams on the counter or teams who defend high up. We had that with sturridge and sterling previously when suarez was around and now salah and mane gives us that.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion