Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#598787 17/03/18 09:42 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Can't see a thread on this we played Watford today and won five nil. Watford looked poor other than salah who was outstanding and fiminho despite the scoreline we looked fairly average too. Maybe one of those games where the result matters more

Love the new mo salah song from the kop

Last edited by Stanley Park; 17/03/18 09:43 PM.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
WNP Offline
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Robertson was brilliant today, fast becoming one of my favourite players. Solid defensively and what a cross for the second goal

WNP #598789 17/03/18 09:59 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By WNP
Robertson was brilliant today, fast becoming one of my favourite players. Solid defensively and what a cross for the second goal

Yes that was some cross

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
any team news?

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By Misery Guts
Can't see a thread on this we played Watford today and won five nil. Watford looked poor other than salah who was outstanding and fiminho despite the scoreline we looked fairly average too. Maybe one of those games where the result matters more

JCA. eek

Last edited by Growler; 17/03/18 10:30 PM.
S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Went the game and now nought it was a good solid performance, Robertson did well and we controlled the game from start to finish....Watford were shocking, one of the worst to play at Anfield this season but they still had to be best I suppose.
To score five goals in the Premier League will always get credit and it was good to get some confidence back from the United defeat last week.
I expect people to big up the defence or bang on about a clean sheet against yet another team that was toothless and never attacked but for me the jury is still well out on our defenders but the games coming up might give us a clearer indication of how good we really are....

Just a quick mention for all those brave souls who attended today's game...all deserve medals for coming out and supporting in that cold weather...it was absolutely freezing....all right saying you would go in those conditions but actualy going is entirely different so well done am sure the players fully appreciate that support today...

C
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
C
Quite a strange game really. Great result, but the game was qute disjointed and was not a great football match. Defence was solid enough but not really tested. Robbie and Robbo and Salah were great. Mane is a shadow of the player he was - total poop and Hendo also was poop. Milner was good as usual. Wiji was ok.

R
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
R
Originally Posted By chesterville
Quite a strange game really. Great result, but the game was qute disjointed and was not a great football match. Defence was solid enough but not really tested. Robbie and Robbo and Salah were great. Mane is a shadow of the player he was - total poop and Hendo also was poop. Milner was good as usual. Wiji was ok. Got to disagree about mane thought he played really well he may not of netted but his linkup play was first class

REDROLO67 #598806 18/03/18 01:29 AM
R
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
R
Originally Posted By REDROLO67
Originally Posted By chesterville
Quite a strange game really. Great result, but the game was qute disjointed and was not a great football match. Defence was solid enough but not really tested. Robbie and Robbo and Salah were great. Mane is a shadow of the player he was - total poop and Hendo also was poop. Milner was good as usual. Wiji was ok. Got to disagree about mane thought he played really well he may not of netted but his linkup play was first class

well messed that up

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By Stanley Park

Some of us do the match threads, I enjoy doing it especially if nobody has opened one within 24 hrs of a match but it gets annoying when the owner shuts down the thread to make his own. I don't really care about being thread leader or what not but sometimes you lose many pages of discussion when its locked and people just lose interest and can't be bothered repeating what they said.

I watched the game today, a vintage performance by Mo Salah, all his goals remind me of Messi. If he dosn't win the player of the year it will be a disgrace.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

My take is that attack was outstanding, defence ok but midfield was very poor. Wijnaldum was worse than his usual average-poor, Henderson kept missing his passes, Milner is getting old. Ox made some difference when coming on. Looks to me that we'll need to buy another one in addition to Keita

Last edited by TiredReds; 18/03/18 04:14 AM.
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
if we want to progress as a team, we need to get rid of henderson.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Great score result, great for Salah and is a boost for confidence in the run in. However, the Hornets had no sting, nor did they even attempt to fly with any conviction, so I wouldn't be getting carried away by this one. Still and all its good to get a resunding result whatever the opposition. Well done Klopp'o and well done the lads.

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Henderson always gets the brunt of stick in midfield but Wijnaldum is worse, I can only think he gets away with it because he has a catchy song, the guy offers nothing. Hendo was however extremely poor yesterday.

Nice to hear the Kop singing Any Robertson's name, he's been fantastic and made the LB position his own.

Firmino's goal was excellent and what can you say about Salah, some brilliant goals and Watford were quite simply scared stiff of him.

I keep saying criticism of Mane, yet he's scored more goals than last season and assisted more as well. (Based on games in all competitions and including the two assists from yesterday)
I do see the point about his passing as he gives the ball away sometimes but he is a vital part of our attack.

Chris2402 #598834 18/03/18 11:33 AM
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By Chris2402
Henderson always gets the brunt of stick in midfield but Wijnaldum is worse, I can only think he gets away with it because he has a catchy song, the guy offers nothing. Hendo was however extremely poor yesterday.

Nice to hear the Kop singing Any Robertson's name, he's been fantastic and made the LB position his own.

Firmino's goal was excellent and what can you say about Salah, some brilliant goals and Watford were quite simply scared stiff of him.

I keep saying criticism of Mane, yet he's scored more goals than last season and assisted more as well. (Based on games in all competitions and including the two assists from yesterday)
I do see the point about his passing as he gives the ball away sometimes but he is a vital part of our attack.

I wish some 'fans' would get off his back.
He's a great player

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
The kop were in fine voice yesterday I thought.
Chanting virtually non stop in the 2nd half which is unusual and welcome.
Bit of atmosphere

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Yeah I don't think it's fair to be picking out individual players for criticism in a 5 - 0 trouncing of a PL opponent. We have to celebrate these successes even if we do acknowledge the weaknesses in the opposition. Now that's not to say we should be getting carried away or anything like that , but we have to celebrate it nonetheless. It should also be noted we did very effectively break up their attempts to put together an attack, and that make them look less of a threat than they could otherwise have been, so credit to Klopp and the lads for that as well as the wonderful display of attacking football. I just hope the two weeks break doesn't adversely affect our momentum as it has tended to do in the past.

Growler #598848 18/03/18 02:10 PM
S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By Growler
Bit of atmosphere
Its just a pity it was the same song over and over again...that...Ole...Ole...one...

#598855 18/03/18 03:11 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By swapshop
Bit of atmosphere
Its just a pity it was the same song over and over again...that...Ole...Ole...one...

It was very harmonious though

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By swapshop
Bit of atmosphere

It was very harmonious though
dont worry, if they keep singing it over and over again the way they were yesterday it will soon grate on you...

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
maybe we should get the nationwide sisters singing in the kop

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
maybe we should get the nationwide sisters singing in the kop
yes no probs with singing a matches as long as you have a variety...just thought yesterday was a bit too repetitive...

Last edited by swapshop; 18/03/18 06:40 PM.
#598933 19/03/18 08:24 AM
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By sixtiesred

Do you actually think he ment to flick it in off the the side of his heel ? If he did mean that I expect more of the same it was brill , I thought it was just a lucky deflection could be wroung but the timing and skil to do it on purpose would be immense especially as he couldn’t watch the ball on to his heel for me a a lucky klip but as I said could be wrong ?

He clearly meant it in my opinion, nothing lucky about it at all.

#598934 19/03/18 08:42 AM
S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By theanfieldpigeon
It’s allez allez allez, not ‘ole’. if you were a real Liverpool fan who does go the games you’d know the lyrics to the song... proof you’re talking utter [oops]
to be honest I am not a singer at the match, I sit in the upper centenary stand and if you actually go the match you will know it's never really been a singing section so I have to try and hear the words for songs from some of the numpties in the Kop. I thought the words were ole...ole for the fact I had some Scandinavian or Irish daytripper fan about five seats down quite intoxicated trying to sing it...so couldn't really tell what the correct words were..

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
It's looking more and more like we're in need of a CM in the summer, despite Keita's arrival.
Ox wants to play CM but as above Hendo and Wiji don't belong in the first team and Lallana seems to be struggling. Maybe Can will stay...

I'm never bias when it comes to this, but Can really should consider staying. Maybe he would if the contract was right (for him). He's played more this season than he could hope for in Turin, seems to be slowly developing and Klopp's plans are coming together.
I could take him or leave him personally, but missing the transfer fee is a kick in the teeth.

#598938 19/03/18 09:25 AM
P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P

Do you actually think he ment to flick it in off the the side of his heel ? If he did mean that I expect more of the same it was brill , I thought it was just a lucky deflection could be wroung but the timing and skil to do it on purpose would be immense especially as he couldn’t watch the ball on to his heel for me a a lucky klip but as I said could be wrong ?

He meant it. A nice little goal, Although I think supporters give too much credit to these types of goals. It looks amazing but in reality, I don't think it is that hard to do. If the ball comes to you at speed and you get a flick on it the keeper is usually caught out and taken by surprise.

I think there is a lot more skill in beating a man one on one and putting it past the keeper or trying to put the ball in the net from outside the box.

RedJohn #598939 19/03/18 09:28 AM
P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Originally Posted By RedJohn
It's looking more and more like we're in need of a CM in the summer, despite Keita's arrival.
Ox wants to play CM but as above Hendo and Wiji don't belong in the first team and Lallana seems to be struggling. Maybe Can will stay...

I'm never bias when it comes to this, but Can really should consider staying. Maybe he would if the contract was right (for him). He's played more this season than he could hope for in Turin, seems to be slowly developing and Klopp's plans are coming together.
I could take him or leave him personally, but missing the transfer fee is a kick in the teeth.

Who knows with Can. We will soon find out. Jorginho of Napoli is our top MF target going by a few local journos like James Pearce.

paul66 #598966 19/03/18 02:18 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By paul66
Originally Posted By RedJohn

Who knows with Can. We will soon find out. Jorginho of Napoli is our top MF target going by a few local journos like James Pearce.

The fact Can hasn't signed a pre-contract with Juve means he's still leaving his options open, I suspect he is waiting for the WC and hoping he is one of the stars, then he can write his own cheque with someone like RM/PSG, its a risky ploy, if he picks up a nasty injury, he might be out of contract with no club.

I hope he stays with us, he's a quality CM and we don't have many of them.

#598977 19/03/18 03:30 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad

He makes too many backheels for me to think it was an accident. It looked very on purpose to me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion