Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Can't see a thread on this we played Watford today and won five nil. Watford looked poor other than salah who was outstanding and fiminho despite the scoreline we looked fairly average too. Maybe one of those games where the result matters more

Love the new mo salah song from the kop

My take is that attack was outstanding, defence ok but midfield was very poor. Wijnaldum was worse than his usual average-poor, Henderson kept missing his passes, Milner is getting old. Ox made some difference when coming on. Looks to me that we'll need to buy another one in addition to Keita

Last edited by TiredReds; 18/03/18 04:14 AM.
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
if we want to progress as a team, we need to get rid of henderson.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Great score result, great for Salah and is a boost for confidence in the run in. However, the Hornets had no sting, nor did they even attempt to fly with any conviction, so I wouldn't be getting carried away by this one. Still and all its good to get a resunding result whatever the opposition. Well done Klopp'o and well done the lads.

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Henderson always gets the brunt of stick in midfield but Wijnaldum is worse, I can only think he gets away with it because he has a catchy song, the guy offers nothing. Hendo was however extremely poor yesterday.

Nice to hear the Kop singing Any Robertson's name, he's been fantastic and made the LB position his own.

Firmino's goal was excellent and what can you say about Salah, some brilliant goals and Watford were quite simply scared stiff of him.

I keep saying criticism of Mane, yet he's scored more goals than last season and assisted more as well. (Based on games in all competitions and including the two assists from yesterday)
I do see the point about his passing as he gives the ball away sometimes but he is a vital part of our attack.

Chris2402 #598834 18/03/18 11:33 AM
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By Chris2402
Henderson always gets the brunt of stick in midfield but Wijnaldum is worse, I can only think he gets away with it because he has a catchy song, the guy offers nothing. Hendo was however extremely poor yesterday.

Nice to hear the Kop singing Any Robertson's name, he's been fantastic and made the LB position his own.

Firmino's goal was excellent and what can you say about Salah, some brilliant goals and Watford were quite simply scared stiff of him.

I keep saying criticism of Mane, yet he's scored more goals than last season and assisted more as well. (Based on games in all competitions and including the two assists from yesterday)
I do see the point about his passing as he gives the ball away sometimes but he is a vital part of our attack.

I wish some 'fans' would get off his back.
He's a great player

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
The kop were in fine voice yesterday I thought.
Chanting virtually non stop in the 2nd half which is unusual and welcome.
Bit of atmosphere

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Yeah I don't think it's fair to be picking out individual players for criticism in a 5 - 0 trouncing of a PL opponent. We have to celebrate these successes even if we do acknowledge the weaknesses in the opposition. Now that's not to say we should be getting carried away or anything like that , but we have to celebrate it nonetheless. It should also be noted we did very effectively break up their attempts to put together an attack, and that make them look less of a threat than they could otherwise have been, so credit to Klopp and the lads for that as well as the wonderful display of attacking football. I just hope the two weeks break doesn't adversely affect our momentum as it has tended to do in the past.

Growler #598848 18/03/18 02:10 PM
S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By Growler
Bit of atmosphere
Its just a pity it was the same song over and over again...that...Ole...Ole...one...

#598855 18/03/18 03:11 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By swapshop
Bit of atmosphere
Its just a pity it was the same song over and over again...that...Ole...Ole...one...

It was very harmonious though

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By swapshop
Bit of atmosphere

It was very harmonious though
dont worry, if they keep singing it over and over again the way they were yesterday it will soon grate on you...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion