Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad

BT Sport - Michael Owen, Chris Sutton & Neil Lennon.

12 minute - Heritage Rant

It's great viewing...so what's everyone's thoughts?

I hope he stays there and spunks another sh*tload of money and continues to fail.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles

I hope he stays there and spunks another sh*tload of money and continues to fail.

They'll probably end 2nd in the league and maybe a cup, so I'm not sure Jose will be sacked. The only manager who ever managed to beat Pep to win a league (except last season in the EPL when Pep was just starting to build his team) has been Mourinho, so why would they sack him right now? They might if he is struggling to win the league in the next 2 seasons but not before that.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
It has all the hallmarks of the Keagan and Rafa rants. He's trying to justify his stinking tactics against a poor Champions League team. I don't know ANY Utd fans that like him and none would be sad to see him go. He goes against their footballing philosophy.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Maureen's Coaching Spells:

Benfica - Sept 2000 to December 2000

União de Leiria - July 01 to Jan 02

Porto - Jan 02 to June 04

Chelsea - June 04 to Sept 07

Inter Milan - June 08 to May 10

Real Madrid - May 10 to May 13

Chelsea - June 13 to Dec 15

Man Utd - May 16 to Present Day

3 years 4 months is his record longest stay at a club, Chelsea 1st time around.

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Yep, he is starting to wobble. Same old crap blaming everyone else but himself. He has spent a fortune and his team plays horrible football. Fans are turning on him now too. He is an unlikeable person. They are not a club that should be playing the negative style of football he plays.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
As much as I dislike the scum, they deserve better than him. He's a horrible little cvnt who's as bas a winner as he is looser. They won't sack him this year but if he isn't sat 9 points clear at the top by November next season, the writing will be on the wall.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
it wasn't too long ago that quite a few on here said they'd love to have him managing us. Gerrard and Carragher used to make comments about him too at the expense of Rafa I believe.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
it wasn't too long ago that quite a few on here said they'd love to have him managing us. Gerrard and Carragher used to make comments about him too at the expense of Rafa I believe.

I'd rather stop following football than have him in charge of LFC.

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
I don't know ANY Utd fans that like him and none would be sad to see him go. He goes against their footballing philosophy.

I was extremely surprised that Utd lowered themselves to Mourinho. I wonder what SAF thinks when he sees Mourinho constantly moaning, bitching, criticising the fans, players and everyone but himself. Plus the incredibly negative tactics, something that Fergie would never have employed!

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Originally Posted By Chris2402

I'd rather stop following football than have him in charge of LFC.

Agreed

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
I don't know ANY Utd fans that like him and none would be sad to see him go. He goes against their footballing philosophy.

I was extremely surprised that Utd lowered themselves to Mourinho. I wonder what SAF thinks when he sees Mourinho constantly moaning, bitching, criticising the fans, players and everyone but himself. Plus the incredibly negative tactics, something that Fergie would never have employed!

Fergie was as bad as Mourinho is his own way. Morinho is the perfect fit for them. The only mistake Morinho has made is with his style of football.... and failing to challenge for the title.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Jose is playing his games to perfection, he is exerting pressure that things are not right in order to get a bigger war chest to spend in the summer...Conte is doing the same at Chelsea...tut...tut....surely posters can see through this...it's modern football...

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P

Fergie was as bad as Mourinho is his own way. Morinho is the perfect fit for them. The only mistake Morinho has made is with his style of football.... and failing to challenge for the title.

Fergie had his moments, but the two are not the same. Mourinho is all about himself and a nasty piece of work when he loses. Ferguson had a bit of class about him, something mourinho is lacking.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By paul66

Fergie had his moments, but the two are not the same. Mourinho is all about himself and a nasty piece of work when he loses. Ferguson had a bit of class about him, something mourinho is lacking.

LOL.

Fergie was every bit as nasty as Mourinho when losing. Both managers were so obsessed with winning that anyone who came in their way got attacked by any means possible - referees, opposing managers, top players from rival teams, journalists etc.

I don't biuy the line about Fergie having a bit of class. That was just a front and only applied to anyone who was subservient or wasn't a threat.

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S

LOL.

Fergie was every bit as nasty as Mourinho when losing. Both managers were so obsessed with winning that anyone who came in their way got attacked by any means possible - referees, opposing managers, top players from rival teams, journalists etc.

I don't biuy the line about Fergie having a bit of class. That was just a front and only applied to anyone who was subservient or wasn't a threat.
haha Fergie and Jose are both winners all true winners are bad losers...your not telling me Shanks, Cloughie, Paisley or Jock Stein took defeat any different...
What people have to remember is Jose, Conte and Premier League managers are all under more scrutiny and pressure than those from years ago so the judgement is not fair...we seen how older managers struggled with modern way when Dalglish took charge after about ten years out..remember his embarrassing handling of the Suarez incident and interviews around that time...SKY reporters had him in knots...

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By swapshop
haha Fergie and Jose are both winners all true winners are bad losers...your not telling me Shanks, Cloughie, Paisley or Jock Stein took defeat any different...
What people have to remember is Jose, Conte and Premier League managers are all under more scrutiny and pressure than those from years ago so the judgement is not fair...we seen how older managers struggled with modern way when Dalglish took charge after about ten years out..remember his embarrassing handling of the Suarez incident and interviews around that time...SKY reporters had him in knots...

Of course most top sports people are sore losers... but you don't need to cross the line. Klopp is also a sore loser as is Conte and Rafa is too... but none of them have yet earnt a reputation of being nasty.

You can also be a winner without being a sore loser... or by chanelling your hurt in a different way. That's the netx step in evolution. Look at Guardiola... or Federer in tennis.

Anyway, this started of in response to a claim that Fergie had 'class'. I just pointed out that I disagreed and why I disagreed. I wasn't claiming that everyone else was perfect... just that claiming that Fergie had some kind of halo didn't sound right to me.

(Not sure what Dalglish's lack of media skills has got to do with... it didn't make him nasty.)

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P

Of course most top sports people are sore losers... but you don't need to cross the line. Klopp is also a sore loser as is Conte and Rafa is too... but none of them have yet earnt a reputation of being nasty.

You can also be a winner without being a sore loser... or by chanelling your hurt in a different way. That's the netx step in evolution. Look at Guardiola... or Federer in tennis.

Anyway, this started of in response to a claim that Fergie had 'class'. I just pointed out that I disagreed and why I disagreed. I wasn't claiming that everyone else was perfect... just that claiming that Fergie had some kind of halo didn't sound right to me.

(Not sure what Dalglish's lack of media skills has got to do with... it didn't make him nasty.)

If you look back at the stuff Mourinho did not sure he was ever on that level. Gouging at player's faces, making comments about another managers wife. Mourinho is dirt. I have a lot more respect for Fergie as a person than Mourinho

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
If you look back at the stuff Mourinho did not sure he was ever on that level. Gouging at player's faces, making comments about another managers wife. Mourinho is dirt. I have a lot more respect for Fergie as a person than Mourinho

If you're judging Fergie by Mourinho's standards than yes he might look like a saint sometimes. I suggest that Fergie was just a little more cleverer than Mourinho in terms of when, where and how to be nasty.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I just don't understand this guy, what is he trying to acheive by throwing his players under the bus in public? Just seems weird, are we suppose to feel sorry for him or something? He earns like 20m a year and he is crying like a little girl. Pathetic.

Last edited by Snakeye; 18/03/18 03:45 AM.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
He's utterly unlikeable. I hated Fergie too and he was vicious at times, but even LFC fans grudgingly respect his acheivements. Jose spunks as much money as possible, and meltsdown as soon as things start to turn, then quits/gets sacked and blames everyone else. He's obsessed with himself and doesn't care one bit about the teams or players he manages. Creating a global brand and over-hauling LFC's titles on one hand, smash and grab on the other. Him and Fergie are uncomparable.

As above, he's a child at the best of times. I do wonder what he's like in private..

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
Just to add, I really hope he stays another year or so. He's fun to watch even if his teams aren't.

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By RedJohn
He's utterly unlikeable. I hated Fergie too and he was vicious at times, but even LFC fans grudgingly respect his acheivements. Jose spunks as much money as possible, and meltsdown as soon as things start to turn, then quits/gets sacked and blames everyone else. He's obsessed with himself and doesn't care one bit about the teams or players he manages. Creating a global brand and over-hauling LFC's titles on one hand, smash and grab on the other. Him and Fergie are uncomparable.

As above, he's a child at the best of times. I do wonder what he's like in private..

Mourinho could never build and sustain a top football club, that's why he only ever manages clubs for 3 seasons at a time. He buys trophies, sure, (Porto the exception) and eventually the players, fans and board get utterly sick of him. Mourinho could never have brought Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, the Neville's through like Fergie did, he doesn't have the patience or the ability. He has to buy world renowned stars for huge money, then wants more money for new stars when they flop in his tactical system. Look how much Pogba is struggling, look at the decline in Sanchez since going there, he was better under Arsene Wenger!

The two best players in the Premiership this season are Salah and De Bruyne, Mourinho had both of these at Chelsea but gave up on them because he couldn't bring them through, look at them now. Man Utd's top goal scorer is Lukaku, he cost £75million, another player Mourinho had and couldn't develop, so he sold him and then bought him when he was closer to being the finished article.

He moans about managers over celebrating, yet remember him at Old Trafford with Porto, running down the touchline, or Chelsea at Anfield, running down the touchline. The guy is a total hypocrite, his style of football is prehistoric and this season he hasn't been able to buy his way to success like he normally does. Guardiola is too good for him, maybe that's why he's even more of a bitter, moaning old man than usual this season.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I think he's mentally unstable tbh.
Needs medical attention

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S

Mourinho could never build and sustain a top football club, that's why he only ever manages clubs for 3 seasons at a time. He buys trophies, sure, (Porto the exception) and eventually the players, fans and board get utterly sick of him. Mourinho could never have brought Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, the Neville's through like Fergie did, he doesn't have the patience or the ability. He has to buy world renowned stars for huge money, then wants more money for new stars when they flop in his tactical system. Look how much Pogba is struggling, look at the decline in Sanchez since going there, he was better under Arsene Wenger!

The two best players in the Premiership this season are Salah and De Bruyne, Mourinho had both of these at Chelsea but gave up on them because he couldn't bring them through, look at them now. Man Utd's top goal scorer is Lukaku, he cost £75million, another player Mourinho had and couldn't develop, so he sold him and then bought him when he was closer to being the finished article.

He moans about managers over celebrating, yet remember him at Old Trafford with Porto, running down the touchline, or Chelsea at Anfield, running down the touchline. The guy is a total hypocrite, his style of football is prehistoric and this season he hasn't been able to buy his way to success like he normally does. Guardiola is too good for him, maybe that's why he's even more of a bitter, moaning old man than usual this season.
he's still better than anything we have had since 1990...

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By Growler
Needs medical attention

...and he's not the only one! tired whistle

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Needs medical attention

...and he's not the only one! tired whistle

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
Could be the start of the end or a very good deflecting tactic, taking attention away from his average team. PLUS we really should have beaten them last weekend.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
I'm still feeling down about that defeat at OT. We froze and that's worrying, as it's starting to become a feature in these critical contests. As the venerable Flames once said: we're in danger of having a whiff of the bridesmaid about us. I hope we can put that frailty to bed as its a worrying trend, but there's no denying it's showing its ugly head.

C
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
C

A good summary Red. I reckon he's exactly the same in his private life i.e. a total douche.

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
I maintain now that we come to the business end of the season we will get found out, we have played some absolute tosh last couple of months apart from maybe two teams who have had a go and actualy tried to attack us in United and Spurs and our defence buckled alarmingly, this is not even taking the worst team in the league West Brom who wiped the floor with us at home in the Cup....

The City game will be a good test to see if our defence really has improved and Everton will probably test our mental strenghth so that's two good tests we face both different...let's see how we go before certain posters pat ourselves on the back and talk about an improvement this season...

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R

Excatly right. It's a shame he's acheived what he has, Inter and Porto being standout.

He'll never build a legacy anywhere and seems to thrive on being hated. Maybe deeply insecure boarding on insane paranoia.

Bemoaning City's spending is laughable but at least many of the talents he's had at his disposal are coming good. Only Jose could buy one of the worlds best midfielders then isolate him after a few months.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I HATED Ferguson, but comparing Mourinho to him is disgraceful. He's arguably the best to ever manage in England, and the Dynasty he built there is unmatched. He definitely had a nasty streak about him, and Keane and Beckham have a fair amount to say about his lack of loyalty. He had his mind games with Wenger and Rafa too, and the way he treated referees was terrible, but there was a certain level of class and respect for the game that he had that Mourinho lacked. I hate Ferguson, but I respect him. If I were a United fan, I would love him.

I acknowledge what Mourinho has done in the game is impressive, but he has become such a petulant child. It used to be sort of charming. He was a character, and his players used to run through brick walls for him at Chelsea, but Madrid broke him. He's got so much insecurity, such an inferiority complex. If I was a United fan, I would be so embarrassed by him, and the lecturing of THAT club about football heritage of all things is absurd.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By redordead13
I HATED Ferguson, but comparing Mourinho to him is disgraceful. He's arguably the best to ever manage in England, and the Dynasty he built there is unmatched. He definitely had a nasty streak about him, and Keane and Beckham have a fair amount to say about his lack of loyalty. He had his mind games with Wenger and Rafa too, and the way he treated referees was terrible, but there was a certain level of class and respect for the game that he had that Mourinho lacked. I hate Ferguson, but I respect him. If I were a United fan, I would love him.

I acknowledge what Mourinho has done in the game is impressive, but he has become such a petulant child. It used to be sort of charming. He was a character, and his players used to run through brick walls for him at Chelsea, but Madrid broke him. He's got so much insecurity, such an inferiority complex. If I was a United fan, I would be so embarrassed by him, and the lecturing of THAT club about football heritage of all things is absurd.

I won't say it's Madrid who broke him but Pep. He has such a big ego that he wants to be considered the best in the world but, unfortunately for him, Pep is considered number 1. He just cannot live with that. All his recent rants were on City, ie, they spend too much, they have been better than Manure when he was talking of heritage etc. Let's face it, without Pep this season he would probably have won the league.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
I have to disagree with some of the opinions about Fergie.

I don't understand how we can acknowledge that the way he treated referees was terrible and then immediately follow that with a claim that he had respect for the game, though I suppose it was qualified by ' a certian level'. Far too low a level to qualify as respect in my opinion.

He hasn't built 'a dynasty' at all. He left the club in need of a rebuild job which so far they haven't succeeded in achieving. He didn't develop/mentor any undertudies that were able to continue the work. This is in stark contrast to Shankly who built a loyal team around him and was able to lay a foundation and pass on priciples which Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish, Moran and Evans were able to carry forward.

Somebody also mentioned that Fergie esablished a global brand. I disagree with that too. Manchester United were a global brand for years before Fergie. Even when we were winning things, I believe they were still the 'bigger' club financially. It was the Sky revolution and the establishment of the PL that was the game changer. That allowed them to take full advantage of their financial might and even increase it. Of course Fergie's management contributed - but to a certain extent, he was in the right place at the right time.

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Just think football has changed since Shanks dynasty building days...it's never going to happen now....Posters saying Sir Alex never left any foundations...well did Cloughie...Don Revie or Sir Matt? Are we now saying they weren't top managers because they never left dynasty's...

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Man Utd were always a big club, Fergy was there when the kept extending the ground (the main income back then), they were lucky that they achieved success in the early 90's just as the PL started and the game was going global with the new media Satellite companies, so they profited from that the most, Fergy made them an excellent team, rebuilt several teams, but he had no real control/input over how the brand grew, in the 80's & 90's they were averaging gates around 40,000, if the same would have happened 10 years earlier, it would have been us on the tidal wave.

It's like us, FSG bought us for about £300 million, we have heard of bids of £1+ billion recently, FSG haven't really done much to increase our value, they have improved our business etc, our value has increased as all clubs have increased based on demand and the media deals that are generating large income, plus lots of very rich people/countries fancy adding a football club to their collection now.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Just think football has changed since Shanks dynasty building days...it's never going to happen now....Posters saying Sir Alex never left any foundations...well did Cloughie...Don Revie or Sir Matt? Are we now saying they weren't top managers because they never left dynasty's...

No. I was just disagreeing with views that Fergie built a dynasty and that he built the Manchester United brand. Never said anything about him not being a top manager. However, if you started to compare managers and the criteria was not a simple trophy count then you might take into account things like what they started with and the legacies they left.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I have to disagree with some of the opinions about Fergie.

I don't understand how we can acknowledge that the way he treated referees was terrible and then immediately follow that with a claim that he had respect for the game, though I suppose it was qualified by ' a certian level'. Far too low a level to qualify as respect in my opinion.

He hasn't built 'a dynasty' at all. He left the club in need of a rebuild job which so far they haven't succeeded in achieving. He didn't develop/mentor any undertudies that were able to continue the work. This is in stark contrast to Shankly who built a loyal team around him and was able to lay a foundation and pass on priciples which Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish, Moran and Evans were able to carry forward.

Somebody also mentioned that Fergie esablished a global brand. I disagree with that too. Manchester United were a global brand for years before Fergie. Even when we were winning things, I believe they were still the 'bigger' club financially. It was the Sky revolution and the establishment of the PL that was the game changer. That allowed them to take full advantage of their financial might and even increase it. Of course Fergie's management contributed - but to a certain extent, he was in the right place at the right time.

He was at the club for 27 years, which is almost as long as the Shanks, Paisley, Fagan, and Dalglish years all rolled together. He won 13 league titles, 5 FA cups, 2 Champions Leagues, 4 league cups, a cup winners cup and loads of other stuff (38 trophies in 27 years). He knocked us off out perch and oversaw one of the most impressive production lines of young local talent, many of whom are among the greatest to ever play for United or England. To me, that is a dynasty, as much as it sticks in my throat.

I still say Paisley is the greatest to ever manage in England period, but there is definitely an argument to be made for Ferguson. The legacy he has had on nurturing players (many of whom became managers), the innovation, and the fact that he was able to stay on top throughout the cycles of so many other great managers of the league (Dalglish, Clough, Wenger, Mourinho, Benitez) is incredibly impressive. And despite his spats with many of them, there is a level of respect with which he speaks of them and vice versa that I see that I don't see with Mourinho. Fergie was a [oops], but Jose isn't fit to wipe his boots.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
He was at the club for 27 years, which is almost as long as the Shanks, Paisley, Fagan, and Dalglish years all rolled together. He won 13 league titles, 5 FA cups, 2 Champions Leagues, 4 league cups, a cup winners cup and loads of other stuff (38 trophies in 27 years). He knocked us off out perch and oversaw one of the most impressive production lines of young local talent, many of whom are among the greatest to ever play for United or England. To me, that is a dynasty, as much as it sticks in my throat.

I still say Paisley is the greatest to ever manage in England period, but there is definitely an argument to be made for Ferguson. The legacy he has had on nurturing players (many of whom became managers), the innovation, and the fact that he was able to stay on top throughout the cycles of so many other great managers of the league (Dalglish, Clough, Wenger, Mourinho, Benitez) is incredibly impressive. And despite his spats with many of them, there is a level of respect with which he speaks of them and vice versa that I see that I don't see with Mourinho. Fergie was a [oops], but Jose isn't fit to wipe his boots.

Maybe we just have a different interpretation of the word dynasty. What you've described is still not a dynasty to me.

'He knocked us off our perch'. Nonsense. You've fallen for the myth that he himself has probably peddled through the media. We had already faded before he won his first title. In fact, two other teams won the league after our last title and before their first one.

'Production line of young local talent'. Really? There was one batch.

He only 'respected' other managers when they weren't a threat. Whenever they were a threat he was very disrespectful and used his friends at other clubs and probably in the media too to put the boot in as well.

27 years at the richest club in the country and perhaps the biggest club in the world.... and only 2 champions league titles.

Of course, in terms of the league and domestic trophies he served himself and his club very well. But in my opinion he was just like Mourinho... just smarter and more sly in the way he went about it.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player

Can't be ar5ed reading the whole thread (I know, how rude) but that clip of Maureen is very, very good. It's 15 minutes of reminding everyone how [oops] United are and he's not a miracle worker.

As much as he's a pr1ck, he's still won more silverware with United in 1 season than we have in over 10 years.

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By TrueRed

Can't be ar5ed reading the whole thread (I know, how rude) but that clip of Maureen is very, very good. It's 15 minutes of reminding everyone how [oops] United are and he's not a miracle worker.

As much as he's a pr1ck, he's still won more silverware with United in 1 season than we have in over 10 years.

sadly that's the most damning fact of all....what we would do for a season like Jose's last season...be a dream season that for us...

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Maureen has spent 300 + million and recouped around £57m, selling Morgan Schneiderlin and Memphis Depay for over £20m apiece, leaving his net spend at around £234m. That's not even scratching the surface of wages and add ons to get those players in and keep current players happy.
Weigh that up against Klopp's net spend in that time and what sort of wages and add ons we have given to those players and current players...it's miniscule in comparison!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Maureen has spent 300 + million and recouped around £57m, selling Morgan Schneiderlin and Memphis Depay for over £20m apiece, leaving his net spend at around £234m. That's not even scratching the surface of wages and add ons to get those players in and keep current players happy.
Weigh that up against Klopp's net spend in that time and what sort of wages and add ons we have given to those players and current players...it's miniscule in comparison!

Yeah but he's won two cups though. £117m a piece they cost. Shocking that you can spend so much and despite their league position, be so shitte.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
He's achieved a 6th place in The Premier League and won a League Cup & Europa League and an exhibition match....if that's counted as success for the amount of money spunked then I hope he stays at Man Utd for a long, long time because the money will cripple them!

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
When you look at the current Best Teams, Barcelona have Messi, Real Madrid have Ronaldo, Man City have De Bruyne, Man Utd have errrrrrr
De Gea...A GOALKEEPER!

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player

That's true but the whole premise of what Maureen was saying that to be consistently in the CL, then you have to invest in the squad because what they had/are is not good enough. Yes, there is the here and now but he's on about the bigger picture, and he's right.

For example, there's no way Man U would have sold Couthino. They would have bought in to complement his presence, not cashed in.

I know he's spent more money but hes also won more trophies. United have a much bigger pool of reserves to dip into to strengthen their squad and they are seeing benefit for it but he has admitted that more needs to be spent because they're still not good enough.

We had NO reserve because F$G have never invested in the squad. We'll probably get knocked out of the CL by Cithe so all we will have done is go one further round in the CL than United. We'll still end the season trophyless and top 4 still isn't guaranteed.

Compare balance sheets and we are clear winners but that's not what makes me follow football.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
When you look at the current Best Teams, Barcelona have Messi, Real Madrid have Ronaldo, Man City have De Bruyne, Man Utd have errrrrrr
De Gea...A GOALKEEPER!

lol, are you seriously trying to bait me into talking up Man U squad? You need to get up earlier than that.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

That's true but the whole premise of what Maureen was saying that to be consistently in the CL, then you have to invest in the squad because what they had/are is not good enough. Yes, there is the here and now but he's on about the bigger picture, and he's right.

For example, there's no way Man U would have sold Couthino. They would have bought in to complement his presence, not cashed in.

I know he's spent more money but hes also won more trophies. United have a much bigger pool of reserves to dip into to strengthen their squad and they are seeing benefit for it but he has admitted that more needs to be spent because they're still not good enough.

We had NO reserve because F$G have never invested in the squad. We'll probably get knocked out of the CL by Cithe so all we will have done is go one further round in the CL than United. We'll still end the season trophyless and top 4 still isn't guaranteed.

Compare balance sheets and we are clear winners but that's not what makes me follow football.

The big trouble with Maureen is that he's never really built a team and that's what Utd need. Anyone can spend loads and loads on superstars but if they don't gel as a team then they won't be very successful.

We might not have the resources but we have a manager that can build a team as he showed at Dortmund and is (slowly) doing here. Same with Spurs. Don't spend record amounts but get the right players in for the team and look good for it.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Let's be honest here, Maureen has maybe another transfer window or 2 before his expiration date is up, judging by his work history. If Man Utd put up with him any longer, he'll have spent another shitte load of money into the process, but does anybody believe that he is going to topple Guardiola's Citeh in 1 season or even us if Klopp get's his additions in the summer?

Maureen is such an abrasive cvnt, he has isolated himself from the OT dressing room, the OT fans, the media and probably now any ambitious decent players out there. Maureen will only be tempting mercenaries like Sanchez in the last days of his Man Utd tenure.

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S

but that's just it..people on here follow the profit and balance sheet and not the football side of things, yes United spent loads of money last season and missed out on there prime targets of League and Champions League but they secured the next best things which was Europa League and domestic success...we get fuuuuck all season in season out except a pat on the back from our accountants...and what makes me sick is fans back our blueprint...shocking...

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
By the end of this season, we will be in a far better financial position than we were a few seasons ago. leicester got 72m for reaching the QF of the CL. We still have the Couthino money and even if we spend it. Klopp has not spent much overall. We got more money for getting in top 4 last season and hopefully again this season.

I don't want to go down the FSG spending money debate as I am bored of it. But realistically CL means more money and more money means better players and trophies.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Let's be honest here, Maureen has maybe another transfer window or 2 before his expiration date is up, judging by his work history. If Man Utd put up with him any longer, he'll have spent another shitte load of money into the process, but does anybody believe that he is going to topple Guardiola's Citeh in 1 season or even us if Klopp get's his additions in the summer?

Maureen is such an abrasive cvnt, he has isolated himself from the OT dressing room, the OT fans, the media and probably now any ambitious decent players out there. Maureen will only be tempting mercenaries like Sanchez in the last days of his Man Utd tenure.

I don't see Maureen going anywhere soon. 8 weeks ago, he signed a new contract to keep him at OT until 2020. Yes, he will spend a ton of money but my point is that it's money the club can afford.

Will anyone topple Cithe? As Maureen said in the clip, Gaurdiola is making Cithe look good but with players that were there before he arrived. The investment in Citche started many seasons ago and United's only started last season. Anyway, I'm not peddling United anymore, although it's their business model I'm peddling not the Club.

On another note. If you want to observe what happens to a club when the purse strings cut, take a look at the Chelsea. It's amazing what a new stadium and a threat of a clampdown on Oligarch's can do.

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
By the end of this season, we will be in a far better financial position than we were a few seasons ago. leicester got 72m for reaching the QF of the CL. We still have the Couthino money and even if we spend it. Klopp has not spent much overall. We got more money for getting in top 4 last season and hopefully again this season.

I don't want to go down the FSG spending money debate as I am bored of it. But realistically CL means more money and more money means better players and trophies.
tell me again how Leicester City have benefited from all that money and just remind me while we are at it how many League titles and Campions Leagues have Arsenal won since the invincible season side considering they have qualified for the champions league every season apart from last season....

I can tell you in a nutshell, what the problem here is...people ave become obsessed with the money interest game and its clouded the judgement of what football is all about...winning trophies....remember that.....tereagain I do think people are very niece and easily led in today's world as in they believe everything on the news or what certain people tell them to believe....I honestly reckon...And I really mean this...that if Klopp told them is better to finish twelfth in the League instead of eighth there would be fans believing him just because it's him saying it...

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player

I hope more money does mean better players because we are very vulnerable. An injury to Salah and our aspirations sit along side him in the treatment room.

Salah has scored 40% of our goals in the Premiership. That's a lot of goals from 2 hamstrings with only Solanke in reserve.

Last edited by TrueRed; 20/03/18 02:56 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

I hope more money does mean better players because we are very vulnerable. An injury to Salah and our aspirations sit along side him in the treatment room.

Salah has scored 40% of our goals in the Premiership. That's a lot of goals from 2 hamstrings with only Solanke in reserve.

No, we have Ings as well. But seriously, I hope not replacing Coutinho won't come back to bite us as we are very thin in front with Lallana not finding any type of form and Ox not as prolific as our 3 attackers. Salah or Firmino injured, we will be in deep shyte

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P

I hope more money does mean better players because we are very vulnerable. An injury to Salah and our aspirations sit alongside him in the treatment room.

I've no idea how much we are going to spend this summer. But even without FSG dipping into their pockets.(we have spent we little over the last few windows) we have Couthino money and extra CL money. I don't even know if we need that much for what is needed for the squad? The rebuilding job is not as big as before.

You could spend a ton, but Klopp is not going to bring in a bunch of new players. Last season or season before it could have been easily spent.

Not even Salah maybe more Lallana. If Salah falls then Firmino and Mane can fill his void(maybe not as well) but you need a player who can fill in for one of those 3.

If we get CL again this season, we are moving forward. We are more attractive than a few years ago. We have a good manager and our style of football should influence possible signings as well.

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S

I hope more money does mean better players because we are very vulnerable. An injury to Salah and our aspirations sit alongside him in the treatment room.

I've no idea how much we are going to spend this summer. But even without FSG dipping into their pockets.(we have spent we little over the last few windows) we have Couthino money and extra CL money. I don't even know if we need that much for what is needed for the squad? The rebuilding job is not as big as before.

You could spend a ton, but Klopp is not going to bring in a bunch of new players. Last season or season before it could have been easily spent.

Not even Salah maybe more Lallana. If Salah falls then Firmino and Mane can fill his void(maybe not as well) but you need a player who can fill in for one of those 3.

If we get CL again this season, we are moving forward. We are more attractive than a few years ago. We have a good manager and our style of football should influence possible signings as well.
you say we are moving in the right direction....don't you think top players who would win you a league or champions league want to play for clubs who do that rather than clubs who just finish in the top four, don't win trophies and just pitch up champions league appearance money....

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C

Why did they sell Ronaldo at the peak of his powers then?

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S

Ronaldo had achieved everything he could of in his carrer at Old Trafford and needed another challenge...could go any further at United besides winning the same trophies more....Madrid and overhauling the fantastic Barcelona side was the new challenge...

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player

Like Bekham before him, Ronaldo wanted off and there was nothing United could do about it. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player

Like Beckham before him, Ronaldo wanted off and there was nothing United could do about it. As I mentioned many times on this forum at the time. We never even tried to keep Couthino. F$G wanted the cash

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Like Beckham before him, Ronaldo wanted off and there was nothing United could do about it. As I mentioned many times on this forum at the time. We never even tried to keep Couthino. F$G wanted the cash

Coutinho made it very clear that he wanted to play for his dream club Barca, I understood we offered him a new contract with higher wages which he refused.

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S

Like Bekham before him, Ronaldo wanted off and there was nothing United could do about it. Sounds familiar doesn't it?
you trying to compare United selling there best player to when we sell ours...surely not...

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Are you saying that Coutinho didn't want to go?

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
United have no real history of selling their best players, can only think of Ronaldo, some might say Beckham but for me he was on his way down when he was sold, can't think of Chelsea selling their best players and I know Man City would never entertain it, we on the other hand have sold about half a dozen over the years...

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
United have no real history of selling their best players, can only think of Ronaldo, some might say Beckham but for me he was on his way down when he was sold, can't think of Chelsea selling their best players and I know Man City would never entertain it, we on the other hand have sold about half a dozen over the years...

Over decades I would say, Keegan, Rush, Mc Manaman (went free) Owen. So for somebody like you who seems to be a living dead when it comes to LFC history, I would expect better.

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C

Coutinho wanted to leave in the Summer, we retained him until January. If Utd could do nothing to prevent Ronaldo leaving, why isn't it the same for us and Coutinho? (He was desperate to get him dream move to Barca, same as Ronaldo and Real Madrid)

I don't understand how you can say Man Utd wouldn't have sold him!

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad

Maybe we just have a different interpretation of the word dynasty. What you've described is still not a dynasty to me.

'He knocked us off our perch'. Nonsense. You've fallen for the myth that he himself has probably peddled through the media. We had already faded before he won his first title. In fact, two other teams won the league after our last title and before their first one.

'Production line of young local talent'. Really? There was one batch.

He only 'respected' other managers when they weren't a threat. Whenever they were a threat he was very disrespectful and used his friends at other clubs and probably in the media too to put the boot in as well.

27 years at the richest club in the country and perhaps the biggest club in the world.... and only 2 champions league titles.

Of course, in terms of the league and domestic trophies he served himself and his club very well. But in my opinion he was just like Mourinho... just smarter and more sly in the way he went about it.

Only 2 Champions League Titles? What a silly thing to say. Only Ancelotti and Paisely have won more.

Knocking us off our Perch isn't pipping us to a league title. Leeds, Arsenal, Blackburn, these lot never eclipsed us. Knocking us off our perch was overtaking our League Title count, our trophy count, and our status as biggest club in England. Our own mistakes contributed to that, but even as we declined, we were the bigger club before Ferguson.

Most of the riches the club has to day are the result of Fergie's success too. They were an institution, sure, but they were flirting with relegation the year before he arrived, and they hadn't won a league title since 67 before him.

He is a pr*ck and I won't argue about that. But he isn't a little snot like Jose is, and he's done a long-term transformation job that Jose never could.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Only 2 Champions League Titles? What a silly thing to say. Only Ancelotti and Paisely have won more.

Knocking us off our Perch isn't pipping us to a league title. Leeds, Arsenal, Blackburn, these lot never eclipsed us. Knocking us off our perch was overtaking our League Title count, our trophy count, and our status as biggest club in England. Our own mistakes contributed to that, but even as we declined, we were the bigger club before Ferguson.

Most of the riches the club has to day are the result of Fergie's success too. They were an institution, sure, but they were flirting with relegation the year before he arrived, and they hadn't won a league title since 67 before him.

He is a pr*ck and I won't argue about that. But he isn't a little snot like Jose is, and he's done a long-term transformation job that Jose never could.

I said only 2 Cl 'in 27 years' ... context is importnat. For the richest club in the world that's quite poor... I don't think that's a silly thing to say at all - it's an opinion.

'Knocking us off our perch' - again it's a definition issue. Of course those other teams didn't do it individually. My point is that it wasn't Fergie who put us under pressure and out did us thereby replacing us as the top team in the country. We ourselves had already reached the end of an era and had faded. We had already fallen off our perch. Fergie's team were on the up and esp when the PL was formed and the TV deal arrived, they were in poll position to take full advantage.

We were never the bigger club in terms of finance or support base as far as I'm aware. They were always the bigger club in that respect.

Also, of course Fergie had a big part to play. However, in my opinion, other factors were perhaps equally significant - finance being the key.

I suppose we'll just have to disagee on some thinsgs.

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
I think we contributed to our own downfall as well as The Fergie factor...we took our eye off the ball....let the grass grow under our feet...allowed our rivals to catch up then overtake us and basically became complacent...because we had success for so long we all thought it would always be their and took it for granted....Big Mistake we have found to our cost...

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

I said only 2 Cl 'in 27 years' ... context is importnat. For the richest club in the world that's quite poor... I don't think that's a silly thing to say at all - it's an opinion.

'Knocking us off our perch' - again it's a definition issue. Of course those other teams didn't do it individually. My point is that it wasn't Fergie who put us under pressure and out did us thereby replacing us as the top team in the country. We ourselves had already reached the end of an era and had faded. We had already fallen off our perch. Fergie's team were on the up and esp when the PL was formed and the TV deal arrived, they were in poll position to take full advantage.

We were never the bigger club in terms of finance or support base as far as I'm aware. They were always the bigger club in that respect.

Also, of course Fergie had a big part to play. However, in my opinion, other factors were perhaps equally significant - finance being the key.

A manager is the difference for any team especially in those days when money had a bit less impact. I think Fergie was the better manager since KD left, I have heard here that the decline started with the latter, but he didn't stay very long after winning the last title and I think we were 2nd in the league when he left. Souness was nowhere near Fergie who built a great team and as they were expanding their stadium the got more revenues to invest in top players, gate revenues was much more important then. We couldn't expand and had to invest huge sums in a new stadium nobody could afford. Then came the tv money and world merchandising with international broadcast which helped the most successful team then. So they were in a virtuous circle while we ended up in a vicious one. So there is not only one reason, but having Fergie and a good CEO, are the main reasons. Management is always the difference

Last edited by TiredReds; 22/03/18 04:09 AM.
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad

Maybe they were bigger in th 60s and 70s riding off the highs of the Busby years, but were bigger in every sense in 1986 when he took over them. We ruled England, we ruled Europe (when English teams were allowed to compete at least), we were richer, and we had more trophies in every category. They were a sleeping giant in debt issues and just about fought off relegation the year before. They couldn't have considered themselves bigger than us back then any more than we could consider ourselves bigger now. United are bigger and richer than us now because Ferguson took them there and kept them there when the premier league money came into play. Full Stop.

As for the 2 cl titles being poor comment, that is absurd in any context. Juventus is Italy's richest and most successful club and they only have 2 in their entire history. Are they still not considered a massive European power? There are only 8 clubs in history with 3 or more titles: Us, them, Barca, Milan, Inter, Real, Barca, Bayern, and Ajax. During his tenure winning it twice, making it to two other finals, winning the cup winners cup, and the Inctercontinetal cup (when it was still relevant). Ferguson is one of the only 6 managers to manage more than 100 CL games, holds the record for most games managed (190), and is in the top 8 for overall win percentage in the CL era(53.7).

I say this absolutely hating the wiskey-nosed, bacon-faced F*ck, and I feel like I need to puke, writing all that about him now, but us LFC fans get enough stick about being deluded and being revisionist with history. To call Ferguson's reign at Manchester anything other than a dynasty is just incorrect.

Last edited by redordead13; 22/03/18 11:10 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Maybe they were bigger in th 60s and 70s riding off the highs of the Busby years, but were bigger in every sense in 1986 when he took over them. We ruled England, we ruled Europe (when English teams were allowed to compete at least), we were richer, and we had more trophies in every category. They were a sleeping giant in debt issues and just about fought off relegation the year before. They couldn't have considered themselves bigger than us back then any more than we could consider ourselves bigger now. United are bigger and richer than us now because Ferguson took them there and kept them there when the premier league money came into play. Full Stop.

As for the 2 cl titles being poor comment, that is absurd in any context. Juventus is Italy's richest and most successful club and they only have 2 in their entire history. Are they still not considered a massive European power? There are only 8 clubs in history with 3 or more titles: Us, them, Barca, Milan, Inter, Real, Barca, Bayern, and Ajax. During his tenure winning it twice, making it to two other finals, winning the cup winners cup, and the Inctercontinetal cup (when it was still relevant). Ferguson is one of the only 6 managers to manage more than 100 CL games, holds the record for most games managed (190), and is in the top 8 for overall win percentage in the CL era(53.7).

I say this absolutely hating the wiskey-nosed, bacon-faced F*ck, and I feel like I need to puke, writing all that about him now, but us LFC fans get enough stick about being deluded and being revisionist with history. To call Ferguson's reign at Manchester anything other than a dynasty is just incorrect.

Fergie's United definitely dominated the EPL but not CL as great teams like ourselves, Barca and Real did in their peak.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
As I said, we'll just have to agree to disagree. It's all about perspective, perception and opinion.

Just on the point of dynasty though, a dynasty in my understanding is something that is passed on from one person to another within the same family/clan etc, between generations and multiple times such that something is thus continued across many generations. Often used to describe rulers of a country over centuries, e.g the Ming dynasty.

So in football, for us Shankly certainly established a dynasty. Because his work was continued subsequently by Paisley, Fagan and Dalglish.

In Fergie's case, no one was able to carry on his work. They had to go outside the club immediately by turning to Moyes. I don't need to explain what happened and what has happened since.

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By TiredReds

Fergie's United definitely dominated the EPL but not CL as great teams like ourselves, Barca and Real did in their peak.
think it was a bit easier to win the European Cup back in the day and even easier when Real Madrid used to win it on the black and white television sets...

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
As I said, we'll just have to agree to disagree. It's all about perspective, perception and opinion.

Just on the point of dynasty though, a dynasty in my understanding is something that is passed on from one person to another within the same family/clan etc, between generations and multiple times such that something is thus continued across many generations. Often used to describe rulers of a country over centuries, e.g the Ming dynasty.

So in football, for us Shankly certainly established a dynasty. Because his work was continued subsequently by Paisley, Fagan and Dalglish.

In Fergie's case, no one was able to carry on his work. They had to go outside the club immediately by turning to Moyes. I don't need to explain what happened and what has happened since.
so is Shanks the only manager in your opinion who had created a dynasty...

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

It was also harder to win the CL in the 80's/90's as we still had the 3 foreigners rule in Europe, which hit the PL harder as the Welsh/Irish/Scottish players were seen as foreigners and they were a main stay our teams, so Fergy had to drop players like Schmeichael/Irwin/Kanchelskis so he could play the likes of Giggs/Cantona/Keane., so he often couldn't play his strongest team.

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
No chance for me it was much easier to win back in the day...you played non footballing countries mostly in the first couple of rounds from countries like Finland, Sweden, Ireland and Hungary, you got a half decent team once you reached quarters and semi...Dundee United came within a whisker of meeting us in the European Cup final in 1984...they beat Roma in the semi 2-0 and lost the return 3-0 with some dodgy Italian goings on the culprit...shows it was easier...the only hard part was it was knock out all the way through and there was no country protection like now...good discussion tho about what was harder...

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T

It's not something I've thought of.... and it's a much bigger question than simply assessing whether one particular case can be considered to be a dynasty.

I don't claim to have a full knowledge of football history across every league in the world... but I can't think of any other examples similar to the dynasty established by Shankly. Can you?

Even after Dalglish, the dynasty continued, albeit not as succesfully, but we had Ronnie Moran, Graeme Souness and Roy Evans. The bootroom became a world famous institution. It only came to an end when Houllier took full charge I suppose.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

It's not something I've thought of.... and it's a much bigger question than simply assessing whether one particular case can be considered to be a dynasty.

I don't claim to have a full knowledge of football history across every league in the world... but I can't think of any other examples similar to the dynasty established by Shankly. Can you?

Even after Dalglish, the dynasty continued, albeit not as succesfully, but we had Ronnie Moran, Graeme Souness and Roy Evans. The bootroom became a world famous institution. It only came to an end when Houllier took full charge I suppose.

Wasn't the bootroom scrapped by Souness?

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T

You may be right. I was referring to the dynasty ending when we appointed Houllier.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

You may be right. I was referring to the dynasty ending when we appointed Houllier.

For me he is the one who fked up the dynasty. He anyway didn't do anything good after that.

Last edited by TiredReds; 24/03/18 08:48 AM.
R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
I feel for Souness having his legacy tarnished by it all. It's a bit like trying to follow Fergie. The club was on the decline; wasn't re-investing properly; couple of bad buys and the simple fact was that the times were a changin'.

Souness tried to change things too quickly and it backfired.

To be fair I was 11 at the time so my opinions' based on interviews etc.. rather than experience.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I feel for Souness having his legacy tarnished by it all. It's a bit like trying to follow Fergie. The club was on the decline; wasn't re-investing properly; couple of bad buys and the simple fact was that the times were a changin'.

Souness tried to change things too quickly and it backfired.

To be fair I was 11 at the time so my opinions' based on interviews etc.. rather than experience.

When Dalglish left as he couldn't handle pressure anymore, Hillsborough disaster being on of the main causes from what he said, I think we were first or second in the league but had a bad cup game. He even thought he would be called back which didn't happen then and he ended up winning the title at Blackburn. Some would say the decline started with him, but even Fergie took sometime to renew his team every now and then making mistakes, but, he ended up having more resources.

Last edited by TiredReds; 24/03/18 10:02 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The bootroom was scrapped by souness. Souness gets a lot of unnecessary stick I went to every game home and away in that era. Liverpool were declining and had not adapted to the modern fitness era. Souness made mistakes but he did a lot of work bringing Liverpool to modern standards for which he never gets credit. Houllier and Evans reaped the benefits of that and it's telling they never reversed souness work on the training etc.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
The bootroom was scrapped by souness. Souness gets a lot of unnecessary stick I went to every game home and away in that era. Liverpool were declining and had not adapted to the modern fitness era. Souness made mistakes but he did a lot of work bringing Liverpool to modern standards for which he never gets credit. Houllier and Evans reaped the benefits of that and it's telling they never reversed souness work on the training etc.

I remember when Houllier took over from Evans when the co management didn't work, he said he had to bring back discipline and one of the first players to be sold was the Captain, the govnor Ince, same with Fowler after the sniffing incident. I think by then the club was no longer the same, United had already taken a big lead, as did Wenger's Arsenal. The latter's progression stopped with the building of their stadium which ate all their resources.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The rot started with dalglish souness did some good work whch was necessary but ultimately made a lot of mistakes houliier and Evans progessed it was only with Rafa we went up a level the re emergence of the king and Rodgers eras are better left forgotten Klopp seems to be making some progress but the jury is out still.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
The rot started with dalglish souness did some good work whch was necessary but ultimately made a lot of mistakes houliier and Evans progessed it was only with Rafa we went up a level the re emergence of the king and Rodgers eras are better left forgotten Klopp seems to be making some progress but the jury is out still.

Rafa did well in his first couple of seasons then it went downhill, Rodgson was really a bad patch, the King steered the ship out, still won our last trophy under him, Rodgers showed promise but it was too big a job for his early career. But the ground was lost under Souness. A bit like United since Fergie left except that they have huge resources

Last edited by TiredReds; 25/03/18 04:26 AM.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion