Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
I'm pretty excited to see who we could get, since we have not been this far in the competition since 2009. Who do you fancy for the next round?

Possible Opponents:
Manchester City
Real Madrid
Juventus
Chelsea/Barca
Manchester United/Sevilla
Roma/Shakhtar
Bayern/Besiktas

We'll have to see how this week's results go. Sevilla or Shakhtar could pull off a win, but I don't see Barca or Bayern screwing up this round.

Shakhtar or Sevilla would be easiest on paper, but personally I would love to see Bayern, Barca, or Real Madrid in the next round. Juventus would be the worst matchup for us stylistically, but I'd like to see us go toe to toe with some of Europe's elite. I'd take Sevilla for revenge though.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
The scum, for revenge. eek

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Barca, Madrid, Bayern or City would be great entertaining games so one of those for me

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
i want these draws

liverpool vs roma
man u vs city
barca vs real
bayern vs juventus

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
semis

liverpool vs bayern
city vs barca

final

liverpool vs barca

liverpool 3-0 down at half time and then come back and win in penalties

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Getting to the Quarters, we shouldn't be fearing anybody, this is where we should be.

I only hope that all revenue earned is given to Klopp to strengthen us in the summer. We have to be aiming for the PL title next season, we have a very good nucleus of players and FSG MUST give Klopp what he needs and not this 30 or 40 mill nett spend BS that currently exists. We will not win anything if FSG continue to squirrel away revenue earned, whilst cooking the books to make everything look hunky dory!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Getting to the Quarters, we shouldn't be fearing anybody, this is where we should be.

I only hope that all revenue earned is given to Klopp to strengthen us in the summer. We have to be aiming for the PL title next season, we have a very good nucleus of players and FSG MUST give Klopp what he needs and not this 30 or 40 mill nett spend BS that currently exists. We will not win anything if FSG continue to squirrel away revenue earned, whilst cooking the books to make everything look hunky dory!

I don't think they have squirrel away any revenues except probably stadium loan repayments, which is normal

Last edited by TiredReds; 13/03/18 04:24 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By redordead13
I'm pretty excited to see who we could get, since we have not been this far in the competition since 2009. Who do you fancy for the next round?

Possible Opponents:
Manchester City
Real Madrid
Juventus
Chelsea/Barca
Manchester United/Sevilla
Roma/Shakhtar
Bayern/Besiktas

We'll have to see how this week's results go. Sevilla or Shakhtar could pull off a win, but I don't see Barca or Bayern screwing up this round.

Shakhtar or Sevilla would be easiest on paper, but personally I would love to see Bayern, Barca, or Real Madrid in the next round. Juventus would be the worst matchup for us stylistically, but I'd like to see us go toe to toe with some of Europe's elite. I'd take Sevilla for revenge though.

I feel we'll get an English club and probably Manure

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
if giant barcelona please. i want messi to grace anfield. otherwise Roma, shakter or sevilla would be best on paper.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By Snakeye
if giant barcelona please. i want messi to grace anfield. otherwise Roma, shakter or sevilla would be best on paper.

Messi has played at Anfield before, in 2007 when Barcelona beat us 1-0 at Anfield but we went through on away goals after winning 2-1 in the Nou Camp. Bellamy and Riise scored in that game after the famous golf club bust up.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I want Sevilla smile

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By Chris2402
Originally Posted By Snakeye

Messi has played at Anfield before, in 2007 when Barcelona beat us 1-0 at Anfield but we went through on away goals after winning 2-1 in the Nou Camp. Bellamy and Riise scored in that game after the famous golf club bust up.

i know that bit of history but he was young. the star of that team was Ronaldinho. I want prime messi. but hopefully we get Sevilla. we drew both games in group so a tie breaker is on the cards here.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Man Utd OUT! laugh grin laugh grin laugh grin laugh grin laugh grin laugh grin laugh grin laugh grin laugh grin laugh

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Looks like the 2 most exciting sides in England will be left out of 5 to carry the flag!

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
I wanted PSG and Neymar but unfortunately not to be so would like Maybe Barca, Madrid, Bayern or City would be great...Roma is a fifty fifty game for me and the worst draw would be Seville, I say Seville because they are all wrong for us...they are the type of team we struggle against, who sit in, keep organised and wait until you get frustrated, did you see how well tbey defended last night and that centre half whatever his name was like Franco Beresi...he stopped everything...we have struggled against these types like West Brom in the League, Burnley at Home etc...much more of a chance against a team who attacks and we can hit on the break with Salah and Firmino...

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By swapshop
I wanted PSG and Neymar but unfortunately not to be so would like Maybe Barca, Madrid, Bayern or City would be great...Roma is a fifty fifty game for me and the worst draw would be Seville, I say Seville because they are all wrong for us...they are the type of team we struggle against, who sit in, keep organised and wait until you get frustrated, did you see how well tbey defended last night and that centre half whatever his name was like Franco Beresi...he stopped everything...we have struggled against these types like West Brom in the League, Burnley at Home etc...much more of a chance against a team who attacks and we can hit on the break with Salah and Firmino...
YNWA

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
I'd take Sevilla or Roma, both beatable then 1 more team to get past to the final.

Not sure who the favourites are at the moment, City, Barca? I'd certainly take Juve over those 2 next, even Madrid have had a really poor season in La Liga.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By *** Suso ***
Originally Posted By a cockwomble
YNWA

Absolutely! laugh

Shame in some ways, as it would have been so nice to have got them to stuff 'em.

V
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
V
Every team is beatable, just depends on the day. We have as much chance as any other team to win the CL.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By sixtiesred
Chelsea will be out I think !
you are on a roll.should play the lottery laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion