Rate Thread
#598283 12/03/18 01:29 PM
S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Black Day for the City of Liverpool with the passing of Ken Dodd, the word legend is used far too easily nowadays but Doddy certainly was one. When most of the stars like Cilla Black and Jimmy Tarbuck turned there backs on the City to Persue fortune down south Doddy remained true to the city and its people
Along with the Beatles, the two Great Football Clubs...Ken Dodd was another who put the City on the map and was what people associated with the City...

He married his partner of forty years on the Friday before he died on the Sunday and at least he received a much earned knighthood even though it was about forty years too late.
We already have a statue of him in Line Street Station but am sure there will be other ways he will be remembed.
Although it's a sad time am sure everybody will have there own individual memories of the great man which will make them laugh....

Sadly gone but never forgotten....one of our own...

#598299 12/03/18 03:08 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Yes very sad he was a lovely man and a legend a true legend the world is a slightly sadder place today. I forgot about the statue on lime street a perfect location

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Stanley Park #598315 12/03/18 04:36 PM
S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Yes very sad he was a lovely man and a legend a true legend the world is a slightly sadder place today. I forgot about the statue on lime street a perfect location
not a better person to greet you into the city when you get off the train or welcoming you home..

#598319 12/03/18 05:24 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I lived best part of my life in Knotty Ash and Ken Dodd was a Legend who was born there and lived there all his life.
He even went to the exact same schools as I did...Knotty Ash CP and The Holt Comp.

He shopped local and always had time to speak to anybody, signing autographs and taking photos. There was a time my friend was in the Army and he had a request off one of his Senior Officers (whilst he was on leave) to get a signed tickling stick off Doddy. My mate is a very introverted fella and was mortified that he had to go knock on Doddy's door to make the request. Anyhow he did and Doddy and Anne his partner for years (who he married 2 days ago!) invited my friend in to his home, gave him a cup of tea and biscuits and gave him a dozen signed tickling sticks and a signed diddy man doll!

TRUE Legend Ken and son of Knotty Ash...RIP

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion