Print Thread
Rate Thread
T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43337794

Dejan Lovren: Liverpool defender eyes long-term partnership with Virgil van Dijk

"We understood each other quite well and hopefully we can do it also in the future like that."

Liverpool travel to rivals Manchester United on Saturday and Lovren is hoping to face Romelu Lukaku again.

whistle

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
sick

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
JCA, give me strength. shocked

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
We are stuck with him after the long-term contract he signed, think it was last season.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By Chris2402
We are stuck with him after the long-term contract he signed, think it was last season.

Contracts mean absolutely diddly squat.....usually, and for good players with talent.

Sometimes their are exceptions to that rule, and this is sadly one of them.
We're STUFFED with him I fear. eek

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By Growler

Contracts mean absolutely diddly squat.....usually, and for good players with talent.

The point is he's on a long-term contract on big money, I believe around £100k a week. Nobody is going to buy him and pay that so I can't see him being moved on anytime soon.

His form has been poor ever since he joined us so the decision to reward him with a new contract is utterly baffling.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By Growler

Unless we do a Sturridge and send him out on loan to rid ourselves of his wage bill.

Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
I'm not worried about Lovren forming a bond with Van Dyke, I'm worried about him defending against opposing team's forwards. Van Dyke should instantly make Lovren a better defender, but he (Lovren) has shown time n again he's not a defender or certainly not good enough for LFC. Get rid, he makes us weaker.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion