Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Yeah I'd agree with that Jimbeam, hopefully we can see out the season without serious injury to first eleven, especially the likes of Firmino, Salah, Mane and also VvD. Then I'd expect some serious signings in the summer as well as Keita coming in. We need a top class Keeper, even if Karius retains is improvement curve, we also need a top centre half a defensive mid and an attacking mid in the creative sense. If we can get those in of the right fit and quality, I feel we could challenge. No more prospects please, it's long past time we won something.

I am not sure who will be able to challenge City anytime soon or as long as Pep is there to be honest. Even wealthy United are struggling and we are 2nd, maybe 3rd later today

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Yeah I'd agree with that Jimbeam, hopefully we can see out the season without serious injury to first eleven, especially the likes of Firmino, Salah, Mane and also VvD. Then I'd expect some serious signings in the summer as well as Keita coming in. We need a top class Keeper, even if Karius retains is improvement curve, we also need a top centre half a defensive mid and an attacking mid in the creative sense. If we can get those in of the right fit and quality, I feel we could challenge. No more prospects please, it's long past time we won something.

I am not sure who will be able to challenge City anytime soon or as long as Pep is there to be honest. Even wealthy United are struggling and we are 2nd, maybe 3rd later today

Agree

There might not be any team to challenge City for a while. They might be the best team in Europe this season. And if they are not then they will be. You only have to look at their blueprint and the money they are spending to see where they are going.

To beat them in the league. We would need a bit of luck and a top top team. Not going to be easy for any team in the premier league. Maybe Utd if they keep firing money, but they are not spending properly.

Last edited by paul66; 05/03/18 01:33 PM.
P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Utd will be in slight transition again after Mourhino leaves. I think/hope next season we are going to have the best team we have had in years. If we can get city to have an offseason in the next 1-3 seasons then I think we have a shout for the title.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By redordead13
Some people forget how bad it was with H&G and in a different respect even under Moores. We barely had a website, the club store was a joke, no commercial presence and with the collapse out of the CL places in 2010 we were nearly on the brink of administration.

FSG are not the perfect owners. They've made mistakes, and they aren't the sugar daddies that the likes of Chelsea and City have had, but they are competent business people, and I am optimistic about the way things are moving.

But if you are going to be the best is competent enough ? I presume we still want to be the best or am I out of touch ?

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Some people forget how bad it was with H&G and in a different respect even under Moores. We barely had a website, the club store was a joke, no commercial presence and with the collapse out of the CL places in 2010 we were nearly on the brink of administration.

FSG are not the perfect owners. They've made mistakes, and they aren't the sugar daddies that the likes of Chelsea and City have had, but they are competent business people, and I am optimistic about the way things are moving.

But if you are going to be the best is competent enough ? I presume we still want to be the best or am I out of touch ?

What? Is that English?

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By paul66
Utd will be in slight transition again after Mourhino leaves. I think/hope next season we are going to have the best team we have had in years. If we can get city to have an offseason in the next 1-3 seasons then I think we have a shout for the title.

Mourinho just extended his contract, so why are you saying he will leave?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park

What? Is that English?

I think so maybe an apostrophe missing is that an issue ?

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P

Because he always does. He will throw his toys out of the pram soon enough

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

Because he always does. He will throw his toys out of the pram soon enough

Yep, he rarely stays at a club more than 3-4 years, he's abit like Allardyce, the fans have had enough by then, most of the Utd fans I know are not happy at the style of play and some of the money they have paid on overpriced players like Lukaku & Sanchez.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

Agree

There might not be any team to challenge City for a while. They might be the best team in Europe this season. And if they are not then they will be. You only have to look at their blueprint and the money they are spending to see where they are going.

To beat them in the league. We would need a bit of luck and a top top team. Not going to be easy for any team in the premier league. Maybe Utd if they keep firing money, but they are not spending properly.

City are an awesome team, the PL is notoriously difficult to defend, they have struggled in the past to defend it, so we need to be on our toes and start the season fast, putting the pressure on incase City do struggle initially.

I'm not sure on their spending plans, I know someone at a senior level who works closely with City as a key sponsor, they are wanting to move into a model of self sufficiency, rather than rely on Abu Dhabi money, abit like Chelsea are trying to do after Abramovich splashed out to bring them to the level they are, but now they are struggling to maintain it. City pulled out of Sanchez due to cost, a few players they didn't go for based on price, so they might be more vulnerable than people think.

City have spent big on players, but I think us, Man Utd & Chelsea have all spent more on an individual player, isn't De Bruyne their record but at £60 million? the likes of Sane, Gundogan & Edison were all bought for around £25-35 million, so were available at what are reasonable transfer fee's these days, it was good scouting that got them.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion