Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#594982 10/02/18 02:40 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
It's a thing now banded about like confetti we all have our own ideas what it means. The British law is clear racisim is anything perceived to be racism by the victim or I think also by a third party. Which is pretty open ended you think it is and it is.

So I would like to hear what other posters believe racism is.

My own opinion is where you overtly discriminate because of the colour of their skin (any skin) for white people can be victims of racism and in today's world very often are. It also needs to be identifiable otherwise surpious claims can be made and the law is weak. Which I think it is and in today's world needs to be amended

However that is just my opinion how do you see it ?

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Certainly not your crocodile tears version

EMP #594987 10/02/18 03:46 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
Certainly not your crocodile tears version

Would be good to hear your version

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
western white men have to ask what is racism...historic and ongoing oppression is the answer

EMP #594989 10/02/18 04:05 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
western white men have to ask what is racism...historic and ongoing oppression is the answer

The blame must all be laid at the door of whitey I see thanks for your views. What about white women are they as bad ?

Last edited by Stanley Park; 10/02/18 04:06 PM.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
systematic and institutionalized racism in the west was set up by white men yes - not really groundbreaking revelations. Perhaps if white women were more empowered then it would not have been so murderous maybe

EMP #594992 10/02/18 04:39 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
systematic and institutionalized racism in the west was set up by white men yes - not really groundbreaking revelations. Perhaps if white women were more empowered then it would not have been so murderous maybe

If I am understanding you correctly only people of white skin pigmentation are capable of racisim ? Have I got that right ?

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
you don't understand too good do you

EMP #594994 10/02/18 04:45 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
you don't understand too good do you

No I don't explain

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Would you consider slavery racist Stan?

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Shaggydog

I think the people who do it don't do it by race so no but on the other hand maybe. Incidently slavery came from Africa and is still practiced there to this day also many white people were enslaved by raids from African gangs who took slaves from both Britain and Ireland. I do consider emp s comments to be racism in its purest form he is making assertions about people based on the colour of their skin. There are good and bad people of all skin colours and races so racisim scope should not be one sided in my view

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park

I think the people who do it don't do it by race so no but on the other hand maybe. Incidently slavery came from Africa and is still practiced there to this day also many white people were enslaved by raids from African gangs who took slaves from both Britain and Ireland. I do consider emp s comments to be racism in its purest form he is making assertions about people based on the colour of their skin. There are good and bad people of all skin colours and races so racisim scope should not be one sided in my view

So what's your view on white men taking black men from Africa to sell as slaves is that racist?

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I am sure there were good people on both sides lol

EMP #595002 10/02/18 06:12 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Shaggy the white slave traders traded with the African slavers who were already practising that and had done for centuries and incidently still do today. The Royal Navy (almostly exclusively white) stopped the slave trade although we don't hear much about that. As for emp I presume he is white therefore by his own definition he himself is racist

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Shaggy the white slave traders traded with the African slavers who were already practising that and had done for centuries and incidently still do today. The Royal Navy (almostly exclusively white) stopped the slave trade although we don't hear much about that. As for emp I presume he is white therefore by his own definition he himself is racist

Do you consider white men forcibly taking black men from Africa and selling them as slaves racist?

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

Do you consider white men forcibly taking black men from Africa and selling them as slaves racist?

If they are doing it because they are black yes but what's your point ?

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

If they are doing it because they are black yes but what's your point ?

Just trying to find out what you view as racist.

Then do you consider the American slave trade to have been racist?

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
If you read my orginal post I put a definition of what I believed racism was I also stated I was highly confused. Now you are constantly accusing various people of racisim shaggy so I presume you know what it is and are ideally placed to clear up the confusion

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
If you read my orginal post I put a definition of what I believed racism was I also stated I was highly confused. Now you are constantly accusing various people of racisim shaggy so I presume you know what it is and are ideally placed to clear up the confusion

Well Stan it's a simple question. The only people I have mentioned so far in relation to racism is white men who took black men from Africa and sold as slaves. I then asked if you considered the American slave trade to have been racist.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

Well Stan it's a simple question. The only people I have mentioned so far in relation to racism is white men who took black men from Africa and sold as slaves. I then asked if you considered the American slave trade to have been racist.

It was definitely racist but what's that got to do with present day and our society where the issues are much more complex and racism can mean no more than you don't like the person.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
It's a thing now banded about like confetti we all have our own ideas what it means. The British law is clear racisim is anything perceived to be racism by the victim or I think also by a third party. Which is pretty open ended you think it is and it is.

So I would like to hear what other posters believe racism is.

My own opinion is where you overtly discriminate because of the colour of their skin (any skin) for white people can be victims of racism and in today's world very often are. It also needs to be identifiable otherwise surpious claims can be made and the law is weak. Which I think it is and in today's world needs to be amended

However that is just my opinion how do you see it ?

Racism for me is when a person of a certain race/religion/citizenship/caste considers people of a different race/religion/citizenship/caste inferior, only because of their differences. Black slavery by white people was racism because white people considered themselves superior to the black. There are people who were enslaved after being made prisoners of war for example, this was not racist if them being made slaves didn't have anything to do with the person's race.

I would add, racism is not only about colour of skin, for example, if a UK citizen thinks he is superior to a polish, despite both being white, is racism to me. The Nazis considered themselves superior to the East Europeans and Jews, even white, this was racism.

The British Empire was based in racism as it considered all the natives of its colonies inferior.

Last edited by TiredReds; 10/02/18 07:09 PM.
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

It was definitely racist but what's that got to do with present day and our society where the issues are much more complex and racism can mean no more than you don't like the person.

Just trying to establish a shared starting point. Because there were many Americans who found owning slaves entirely acceptable and indeed fought to preserve that right.

On another point Britain's role in the abolition of slavery is something of which British people should be hugely proud.

Modern racism is indeed complex and there are some who are quick to play the race card. In many instances people are terrified at times of appearing to be racist when they don't have a racist bone in their body.

We have all at one time or another heard racist chanting at football games but thankfully that is a rarity these days.

Racists now are much cleverer than they were previously and what I have always found interesting is that racists seem to go to great lengths to deny their racism.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
My cats black.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
lumba #595020 10/02/18 07:44 PM
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By lumba
My cats black.

Yeah but he rules your life

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I do wait on him hand and foot and don't get paid.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Racism is born out of fear and ignorance.

lumba #595034 10/02/18 08:41 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
My cats black.

My cats black and white but very racist to mice and birds

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
My cats black.

My cats black and white but very racist to mice and birds

lumba #595047 10/02/18 09:17 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Is wanting your government to control your countries borders racist ? Are the only non racists those who believe in open borders to anyone ?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Not at all.

D
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
D
Are different ethnic groups differently disposed towards being racist? Is being racist, a trait that is primarily to be found in one race more than another?

When one ethnic group is identified as being 'racist' is this not simply a racist observation?

If being racist is a weakness or a flaw in one racial group, surely it would be equally prevalent in another or what are we saying?

When one group identifies another as racist, it seems pointless. If you want to say that people are capable of racism, and that it is not a good thing, most people would agree. If one further insists that one ethnic group is 'racist' ie more racist than others, that surely is just a racist statement that seeks to taint a race of people without objective justification.

How can one race of human beings be racist against another without the same attitude prevailing in reverse?

D500 #596843 24/02/18 07:53 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By D500
Are different ethnic groups differently disposed towards being racist? Is being racist, a trait that is primarily to be found in one race more than another?

When one ethnic group is identified as being 'racist' is this not simply a racist observation?

If being racist is a weakness or a flaw in one racial group, surely it would be equally prevalent in another or what are we saying?

When one group identifies another as racist, it seems pointless. If you want to say that people are capable of racism, and that it is not a good thing, most people would agree. If one further insists that one ethnic group is 'racist' ie more racist than others, that surely is just a racist statement that seeks to taint a race of people without objective justification.

How can one race of human beings be racist against another without the same attitude prevailing in reverse?

I don't think anybody said a whole race is racist, though I suppose it could happen if all in that race are, highly unlikely. However, there are a lot of racist people. For example, all Germans were not racist but the SS were, all white Americans are not racist but people in the KKK they are.

D
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
D
How many Americans are in the KKK? Could anyone (I understand that you are not suggesting this) honestly use this as proof that 'white people are all racist'?

If anything, the failure of the KKK to take root in so much of USA rather suggests the reverse.

D500 #596865 25/02/18 01:56 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By D500
How many Americans are in the KKK? Could anyone (I understand that you are not suggesting this) honestly use this as proof that 'white people are all racist'?

If anything, the failure of the KKK to take root in so much of USA rather suggests the reverse.

I haven't seen anybody posting here that all white people are racist, I don't know where this is coming from

D500 #596866 25/02/18 02:01 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I see another grooming gang has been unearthed this time in Newcastle 700 victims 98% white and the perpetrators almost entirely of Asian Muslim extraction. The victims white schoolgirls some as young as 11. One thirteen year old girl raped repeatedly for days under a Kurdish flag held in a dingy flat and pumped with methodone to keep her compliant. As is usual in these cases the authorities turned a blind eye not wanting to be accused of racism.

So my question is could any of this be racist or is it just cultural differences we are going to have to accept on the grounds of tolerance

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
I see another grooming gang has been unearthed this time in Newcastle 700 victims 98% white and the perpetrators almost entirely of Asian Muslim extraction. The victims white schoolgirls some as young as 11. One thirteen year old girl raped repeatedly for days under a Kurdish flag held in a dingy flat and pumped with methodone to keep her compliant. As is usual in these cases the authorities turned a blind eye not wanting to be accused of racism.

So my question is could any of this be racist or is it just cultural differences we are going to have to accept on the grounds of tolerance

We all know white people dont commit rape, just asian Muslims.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

Of course they do and pedohillia the however the police are not hampered by "so called" sensitivities in arresting them which means in practice they can continue their disgusting trade in children with impunity. Also the Muslim grooming gangs in Britain are nationwide and extensive and alarmingly don't seem to be stopping despite the number of arrests of the gangs in recent years. This was commented on by the judge in the Newcastle case. There are no cases of Muslim grooming gangs in Derry as far as I am aware.

Last edited by Stanley Park; 26/02/18 12:21 PM.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

Of course they do and pedohillia the however the police are not hampered by "so called" sensitivities in arresting them which means in practice they can continue their disgusting trade in children with impunity. Also the Muslim grooming gangs in Britain are nationwide and extensive and alarmingly don't seem to be stopping despite the number of arrests of the gangs in recent years. This was commented on by the judge in the Newcastle case. There are no cases of Muslim grooming gangs in Derry as far as I am aware.

So explain Jimmy Saville

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

I am not sure what you mean, are you asking if what these Asian Muslims did was racist or if they were charged, the police would have been racists?

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
The Muslim gangs are not targeting Asian Muslim children but exclusively white non Muslim children blind eyes are turned to this. You guys are the experts on what is racisim is this racisim ? It seems so to me but unlike you I am not expert

Last edited by Stanley Park; 26/02/18 03:05 PM.

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
The Muslim gangs are not targeting Asian Muslim children but exclusively white non Muslim children blind eyes are turned to this. You guys are the experts on what is racisim is this racisim ? It seems so to me but unlike you I am not expert

That's a matter for the police and the crown prosecutor to decide.

Last edited by Shaggydog; 26/02/18 03:12 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

There is some truth in that though I don't know exactly what they are thinking. However, I can think of 2 reasons, one, the white non Muslim children are easier to hunt as they are less under the wings of their parents compared to Asians or they consider the non Muslims as "dirty whores" which would be racist. And yes, I consider islamic extremists to be racists as they think they are better than others and call every non Muslim non believers.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TiredReds

There is some truth in that though I don't know exactly what they are thinking. However, I can think of 2 reasons, one, the white non Muslim children are easier to hunt as they are less under the wings of their parents compared to Asians or they consider the non Muslims as "dirty whores" which would be racist. And yes, I consider islamic extremists to be racists as they think they are better than others and call every non Muslim non believers.

You are right Muslim girls are better protected some would say with less personal freedom. But the Muslim men come from a culture (rural Pakistani) where marriage to children is accepted culturally plus there is a religious aspect, the white girls are unbelievers and hence worthless in the eyes of the attackers. The worrying thing is despite all the publicity of this type of crime over the last few years this seems to be as prevalent as ever in the UK.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TiredReds

You are right Muslim girls are better protected some would say with less personal freedom. But the Muslim men come from a culture (rural Pakistani) where marriage to children is accepted culturally plus there is a religious aspect, the white girls are unbelievers and hence worthless in the eyes of the attackers. The worrying thing is despite all the publicity of this type of crime over the last few years this seems to be as prevalent as ever in the UK.

Only this crime? I see a lot more on the news, but your police should deal with this

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
No it isn't the only crime committed in the UK but probably the only one the police are afraid to investigate

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion